Traveling Outside of Thailand During Your 30-Day "Under Consideration" Period?

I found a thread from 8 years ago saying that you can get a re-entry permit during this period. This was at CW immigration.

Does anyone have some recent experience that this still can be done? Just saving myself a trip to ask if anyone already knows. I'm on a marriage visa and will be doing my extension at Chonburi Immigration.

Thanks in advance.

It's possible, depending on dates.

You would require a reentry permit.

I would not recommend it.

What's so important to exit during approx one month under consideration period. 

Not a good plan.

If very important I would discuss with your immigration office your plan. 

Have you previously used your one 60 day extension to visit wife.

That could change under consideration window

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

I am not married, so have not done it myself.

It is not recommended, but is allowed. If you do this, make sure you tell the immigration office of your travel plans when you apply for the extension. That will ensure that, if a house visit is deemed necessary, the officials will schedule it around your availability.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would be exiting Thailand a couple days after Permission to Stay date, and returning 5 days later, well before the 30-day Under Consideration return date.

I've done 4 yearly extensions already. Officials only visited our house the first time. 

Good idea to tell the immigration officer, thanks.

I was thinking the alternative could be to apply for my yearly extension more than 30 days before my Permission to Stay date. I've read that some immigration offices allow you to apply for extension up to 45 days early. However a quick Google search tells me the Chonburi immigration only allows 30 days early, which I think might me cutting to close to my departure date.

25 minutes ago, mal129 said:

However a quick Google search tells me the Chonburi immigration only allows 30 days early, which I think might me cutting to close to my departure date.

Indeed.

Immigration can allow you to to apply early more than the 30 days.

A flight ticket out would assist your request. 

3 hours ago, mal129 said:

I was thinking the alternative could be to apply for my yearly extension more than 30 days before my Permission to Stay date. I've read that some immigration offices allow you to apply for extension up to 45 days early. However a quick Google search tells me the Chonburi immigration only allows 30 days early, which I think might me cutting to close to my departure date.

By law, if the senior official approves it, you can apply up to as much as 90 days early. However, with a marriage extension, there are other complications. It depends not only on the senior official at the Chonburi office, but also his superiors at Division headquarters that need to endorse the extension. You are liable to just end up with an extremely long under consideration period.