Thai leadership insights: Decade-long study proves remarkably accurate

snoop1130

I am always suspicious of this sort of management-speak designed imho to obfuscate rather than illuminate. 

Eg "These encompass building resilience, fostering flexibility and innovation, promoting intergenerational dialogue, rebuilding trust, emphasizing continuous learning, and adeptly managing both short- and long-term leadership strategies in diverse organizations."

What on earth does it all mean? And exactly how do you build resiliency? To me it is not implementable. And Thai performance over the past decade has not really been very inspiring. We see declining exports, decreasing FDI, companies moving to Vietnam, and massive government borrowing for white elephant schemes, for example like high speed rail where if you just put a decent 50mph railway in and a few express trains, could be done at a fraction of the cost. The economy has been artificially maintained by high Government spending. And now Sretta's policy is full of crazy give- aways. Maybe they can excel by having 'diverse organizations'.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, retarius said:

I am always suspicious of this sort of management-speak designed imho to obfuscate rather than illuminate. 

Eg "These encompass building resilience, fostering flexibility and innovation, promoting intergenerational dialogue, rebuilding trust, emphasizing continuous learning, and adeptly managing both short- and long-term leadership strategies in diverse organizations."

What on earth does it all mean? And exactly how do you build resiliency? To me it is not implementable. And Thai performance over the past decade has not really been very inspiring. We see declining exports, decreasing FDI, companies moving to Vietnam, and massive government borrowing for white elephant schemes, for example like high speed rail where if you just put a decent 50mph railway in and a few express trains, could be done at a fraction of the cost. The economy has been artificially maintained by high Government spending. And now Sretta's policy is full of crazy give- aways. Maybe they can excel by having 'diverse organizations'.

And I am even more suspicious about the way these vague and complex principles can be effectively measured with any reliability, and correlated with performance.

BTW, Bruce who?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1