American Arrested in Bangkok Following Phuket Incident

webfact

16 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

B.S.  Only for Frat boys....regular Americans have parents who beat the crap out of us if we acted stupid.  Trust me.

Or grandparents.   (off topic post in progress) 

My grandmother made me go to the switch tree (what I and the siblings called it) to choose a switch for her to use on us when we were stupid.  It was a daunting task!  We had to judge the level of anger grandma had then choose the appropriate size switch.   Too small a switch and grandma would be even more angry. She would then get a bigger switch than she would have accepted before.  

Who was my grandma?  She was 7 years old when the U.S. of A. celebrated the year 1900.  She grew up in the backwoods of Louisiana.   She birthed 11 children and 6 of them died before they were 4 years old!  Only one child is still living and is almost 100 years old.  

Grandma also hated the klan.   Came near killing one who backtalked her in her kitchen and then he threatened to beat her.   A 12 gauge shotgun convinced him that her commandment of "get the hell off my property"  was a commandment that was wise to follow!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Actually most if not all government facilities have a dress code.

dress code.jpg

That's a shame I was looking forward to wearing my new mini skirt and crop top at immigration next week.

Shutterstock_1782178e.jpg

Edited by roo860

On 9/5/2023 at 2:06 PM, sammyoz said:

When you’re born or raised in America, you’re encouraged to be or do ANYTHING you want anywhere you want. Poor guy was probably just exercising his “rights” as an American to wreak havoc and cause damage.

Well played bashing!  No big words utilized (not too surprising)……but impressive use of CAPS and “ “ marks.  Hope it felt good!

On 9/5/2023 at 7:08 AM, foreverlomsak said:

I assume from your amazement that you don't visit Immigration, the modes of dress are often weird and wonderful, which is why Immigration Jomtien at one time issued a dress code, don't know if it's still valid. Will admit that I tend to wear more formal attire (long pants/trousers and polo shirt) when I visit Immigration.

Once, I saw that an Immigration officer at the Chaeng Wattana place refused taking the visa extension application of a guy because he was wearing short shorts. She asked him to go and change. He was upset but he left and probably went downstairs to buy long shorts or trousers. He was lucky that there are many clothes shops in that building. I guess they are strict about  the length of shorts there. Not sure if this was only for guys or for both genders.

Anyway, I have been to the Laksi place too, and I think they are not that strict about clothing there. 

Edited by JemJem