Early reporting?? A question

7 minutes ago, finnsk said:

When you make report before time, your 90 days will be shorter. An example: You make report 14 days before the 90 days ends, your new 90 days starts with the day you get your report accepted. So your 90 days will be shorted up to only 76 days.

Not the biggest problem, its easy and fast to do the online report, I live with the 76 days report, but good to know.

Thats my experience with the online report, I always report in good time, if something should went wrong with the online system, then I still have good time to go to the IM office

Thanks, I am renewing my EOS on the 11th of this month and was concerned that my passport wouldn't be returned before the 20th. Just trying to cover my A**e.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always report in person (I live in Jomtien) during the week following the 90 days but,

I'm curious --- If I report online, do I need to have access to a printer in order to put a hard copy in my passport, or is it acceptable to just keep the digital certificate in my phone?

21 minutes ago, 5davidhen1 said:

I always report in person (I live in Jomtien) during the week following the 90 days but,

I'm curious --- If I report online, do I need to have access to a printer in order to put a hard copy in my passport, or is it acceptable to just keep the digital certificate in my phone?

Yes you need to print the accepted report, to have it in your passport. But I only follow what I see they are writing. Maybe they could accept a copy on the phone, but sorry I am not sure about that, maybe other people here have a better answer to you.

37 minutes ago, 5davidhen1 said:

You don't need to print out the TM47 receipt unless you are attending immigration for something such as a certificate of residence etc.

Also never required to exit Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

This makes no sense

If you ALWAYS report 14 days early, there will always be 90 days between reports

The 90 days is only ever less if YOU choose to report early, and then your next report is still 90 days from that date.

My situation is a one-time event necessitated by the fact that my EOS needs to be renewed in close proximity to the date of my next 90-day report. It is unlikely that I would need to do this again.

11 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

The 90 days is only ever less if YOU choose to report early, and then your next report is still 90 days from that date.

Most folk using online reporting apply approx 15 days early.

The 90 day count starts from date of application. 

For in person and mail the count starts from previous due date.

Bottom line is online approx 4 reports per year and other options 3 per year.

No big deal as online reports so quick and simple.

(when it's working) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Most folk using online reporting apply approx 15 days early.

The 90 day count starts from date of application. 

For in person and mail the count starts from previous due date.

Bottom line is online approx 4 reports per year and other options 3 per year.

No big deal as online reports so quick and simple.

(when it's working) 

Yes. I always do my report online as soon as I get the email reminder from Immigration (which, by the way, is a great service). My memory is so bad that I could easily forget if I didn't do so.

I report at Jomtien and my latest online report took about 30 minutes to be approved. No complaints from me.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Almudena said:

It's always best to carry a hard copy of the report with you as mobile devices can breakdown. 

But who for? In almost 30 years I have never been required to show passport, EOS, 90-day, TM30 or any other doc - except when going to IO to renew same! Why do people get so wound up about this stuff?

I had to get a new bank book last week and that caused a row because the passport had changed since the bank last saw it. This concept of changing a passport always throws Thai businesses for some reason, as if they don't do the same; bank gets more hot under the collar than Immigration ever does.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, isaanistical said:

I had to get a new bank book last week and that caused a row because the passport had changed since the bank last saw it

Your bank account has your pp # etc recorded.

If you renew a passport you need to contact bank to change the details bank has re your pp.

You would not be able to do counter transaction without updating details.

Seems perfectly normal.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your bank account has your pp # etc recorded.

If you renew a passport you need to contact bank to change the details bank has re your pp.

You would not be able to do counter transaction without updating details.

Seems perfectly normal.

You sound like them!

The only time I ever use a bank book is for Immigration on the annual extension. It's such a weird system and I have neer understood why Thais attach such mystic importance to it; likewise, when was the last time anyone actually did a "counter transaction"?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, isaanistical said:

Something wrong if the IO keeps your passport. Never leave their office without it.

It’s not the IO who keeps my passport, it’s my agent, who is also my landlady. No problems EVER in leaving my passport with her. It is required if I want to  renew my EOS.

• Haha 2