One Family, One Soft Power policy introduced to promote Thailand’s soft power

webfact

I must admit, it doesn't sound like a winner. They have a lot of these schemes. I remember 'Thainess' a few years back....it died a death too. Politicians like to put out all sorts of initiatives when they come to office then quietly forget about them? Personally I don't have much faith in them because I'm still waiting for the last PM's promise of Returning Happiness to the People (RHP). It was news for a few weeks and then faded away, only to be replaced by OFOS? Don't worry it will soon be forgotten.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the other hand ...

After a decade of the dinosaurs, this new mob - and particularly the PM - has a feeling of being open to new ideas, trying new things, looking for new ways forward for all Thais. Which I find refreshing.

Of course it may be just window-dressing and come to nothing. But I find the never-ending cynicism of the all-knowing ANals a bit tiresome. Let's try a little optimism for a change.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 9:01 PM, mfd101 said:

On the other hand ...

After a decade of the dinosaurs, this new mob - and particularly the PM - has a feeling of being open to new ideas, trying new things, looking for new ways forward for all Thais. Which I find refreshing.

Of course it may be just window-dressing and come to nothing. But I find the never-ending cynicism of the all-knowing ANals a bit tiresome. Let's try a little optimism for a change.

You’re right of course but I rather had more of that positive modern outlook vibe from the now sidelined Move Forward Party.

Having to read press this week about PT’s own dinosaurs in Plodprasop, and the particularly vile Chalerm, I could see why some might be having doubts that we are set-up for a repeat performance of the last PT administration. Whoever is fronting the current government, we all know the true power behind the scenes, who could not in any way be described as a spring-chicken. 

PS : my keyboard tried to autocorrect Chalerm to Charm. Never in the history of autocorrect has a more inappropriate suggestion been made !