Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust

Social Media

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Calling out antisemitism should only occur in cases of legitimate antisemitism.

Falsely labelling people and statements antisemitic because you've lost an argument is unacceptable.

Post WW2, there was unlimited sympathy and empathy for the jews of the world as the atrocities of the holocaust become widely known - in less than 100 years, via the actions of the state of Israel, that level of support has dissipated to the point where the Palestinians, frequent users of state sponsored  terrorism, now command the majority of the globes sympathy and empathy.

Quite the fall from grace.

Calling Israel a Nazi state or headed to a Nazi state is completely unacceptable. 

Normal criticism is legit of course.

The false Nazi slur stuff is indeed an antisemitic shock tactic.

15 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I can see why you didn't quote the headline

"Poll: 1 in 3 Germans say Israel treating Palestinians like Nazis did Jews"

And there's this:

Study: One in four Germans harbor anti-Semitic thoughts
Rebecca Staudenmaier
10/24/2019 October 24, 2019
Out of the 1,300 Germans who took part in the representative survey, 27% agreed with a range of anti-Semitic statements and stereotypes about Jewish people.

Some 41% said they agreed with the statement that "Jews talk about the Holocaust too much." The same portion said they believed "Jews are more loyal to Israel than to Germany."

Over 20% of respondents said they agreed that Jewish people have "too much power" over the economy, international financial markets and the media. Another 22% agreed that "people hate Jews due to the way they behave."

https://www.dw.com/en/one-in-four-germans-hold-anti-semitic-beliefs-study-finds/a-50958589

Hardly an unprejudiced source.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I can see why you didn't quote the headline

"Poll: 1 in 3 Germans say Israel treating Palestinians like Nazis did Jews"

And there's this:

Study: One in four Germans harbor anti-Semitic thoughts
Rebecca Staudenmaier
10/24/2019 October 24, 2019
Out of the 1,300 Germans who took part in the representative survey, 27% agreed with a range of anti-Semitic statements and stereotypes about Jewish people.

Some 41% said they agreed with the statement that "Jews talk about the Holocaust too much." The same portion said they believed "Jews are more loyal to Israel than to Germany."

Over 20% of respondents said they agreed that Jewish people have "too much power" over the economy, international financial markets and the media. Another 22% agreed that "people hate Jews due to the way they behave."

https://www.dw.com/en/one-in-four-germans-hold-anti-semitic-beliefs-study-finds/a-50958589

Hardly an unprejudiced source.

The point, is that given Germany's history, how have we reached this point.

There would be no country on this planet, other than Israel, with a deeper understanding of what happened during the holocaust than Germany, and yet....

7 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

There would be no country on this planet, other than Israel, with a deeper understanding of what happened during the holocaust than Germany, and yet....

Really? And maybe no country with a deeper reason to mitigate what the Nazi did than the Germans. You think that 27 percent of blatantly anti-semitic Germans don't constitute the majority of those likening what Israelis are doing to what the Nazis did? What better way of mitigating Nazi crimes than to liken them to those committed by Israel?

37 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Calling out antisemitism should only occur in cases of legitimate antisemitism.

Falsely labelling people and statements antisemitic because you've lost an argument is unacceptable.

Post WW2, there was unlimited sympathy and empathy for the jews of the world as the atrocities of the holocaust become widely known - in less than 100 years, via the actions of the state of Israel, that level of support has dissipated to the point where the Palestinians, frequent users of state sponsored  terrorism, now command the majority of the globes sympathy and empathy.

Quite the fall from grace.

Abbas’s comments, which are the subject of this thread, were overtly antisemitic.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

And yet the disease of antisemitism never goes away even in places with no Jews.

The Jews are to blame for everything lyrics

Whether it rains, whether it hails, whether it snows or whether there is lightning

Whether it's dusk, whether it's thundering, whether it's freezing or whether you're sweating

Whether it's beautiful, whether it's cloudy, whether it's thawing or whether it's pouring

Whether it's drizzling, whether it's trickling, whether you're coughing, whether you're sneezing

The Jews are to blame for everything

Why, why is it their fault?

Child, you don't understand, it's your fault

And she me too!  It's your fault

The Jews are, they are and are to blame for this

And don't believe it, it's their fault

The Jews are to blame for everything, everything

Oh right!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

And yet the disease of antisemitism never goes away even in places with no Jews.

The Jews are to blame for everything lyrics

Whether it rains, whether it hails, whether it snows or whether there is lightning

Whether it's dusk, whether it's thundering, whether it's freezing or whether you're sweating

Whether it's beautiful, whether it's cloudy, whether it's thawing or whether it's pouring

Whether it's drizzling, whether it's trickling, whether you're coughing, whether you're sneezing

Why, why is it their fault?

Child, you don't understand, it's your fault

And she me too!  It's your fault

The Jews are, they are and are to blame for this

And don't believe it, it's their fault

The Jews are to blame for everything, everything

Oh right!

Why should Jews be free from bigotry, prejudice and racism - no other group is.

Human nature is what it is.

In groups and out groups.

1970222382_Screenshot2023-09-17at5_30_01pm.png.a3b5a6d8c46bd81951ed8c4c65642072.png

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Palestine wants to eradicate Israel and every Jew on Earth, but our concern is over antisemitic statements, pathetic. 

Palestinians want enough of their land back to build a homeland and future for their children.

It is Israel who does not want a two state solution based on the green line.

The constant carry on about 'antisemitism" is a smokescreen to deflect attention from the daily atrocities being committed by the lunatics in charge of the Israel.

There are many groups within society who have a far tougher time than jews.

5 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Palestinians want enough of their land back to build a homeland and future for their children.

The constant carry on about 'antisemitism" is a smokescreen to deflect attention from the daily atrocities being committed by the lunatics in charge of the Israel.

There are many groups within society who have a far tougher time than jews.

Stop conflating Jews with Israel. 

That's obnoxious. 

No group is a monolith. Palestinians have a range of opinions on the conflict just as Israelis do.

Palestinians chanting River to the Sea clearly don't want Israel to exist in any borders. 

It's absurd that you pretend to speak for all Palestinians. 

Jews contains an uppercase J.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I understand that Palestine wants to eradicate Israel and every Jew on Earth, but our concern is over antisemitic statements, pathetic. 

That has changed a long time ago already.

10 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Palestinians want ALL the land , they want Israel to replaced by a Palestinian state under Sharia law , they want an Iranian style  Islamic state .

Palestinians were offered land post WW2 , but they rejected that offer and thats why they don't have a Country now 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

How is it different than "River to the Sea"?

Again Palestinians hold a range of views on the topic.

Some are OK with Israel existing and some are not.

Some want a two state solution and others want the entire area integrated into one state including Jews.

Just as Israelis hold a range of views.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again Palestinians hold a range of views on the topic.

Some are OK with Israel existing and some are not.

Some want a two state solution and others want the entire area integrated into one state including Jews.

Just as Israelis hold a range of views.

I did not say Palestinians, I said Palestine. I don't doubt that there are plenty of Palestinians that would love to coexist peacefully with Israel. I do not think that is by and large the position of President Abbas or the rest of the government. 

Did it make a difference that there were many Germans that did not support the hitler? 

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Palestinians want ALL the land , they want Israel to replaced by a Palestinian state under Sharia law , they want an Iranian style  Islamic state .

Some do, others just want their kids to stop being murdered by occupiers.

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Palestinians were offered land post WW2 , but they rejected that offer and thats why they don't have a Country now 

If I steal $100 of you then offer you $20 back to call it even, would you accept?

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

If I steal $100 of you then offer you $20 back to call it even, would you accept?

You clearly don't know the history of the establishment of the state of Israel.

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I did not say Palestinians, I said Palestine. I don't doubt that there are plenty of Palestinians that would love to coexist peacefully with Israel. I do not think that is by and large the position of President Abbas or the rest of the government. 

Did it make a difference that there were many Germans that did not support the hitler? 

There are different factions in Palestinian leadership.

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

It wasn't the Palestinians land in the first place .

In my 20 years of being on the internet , I have has this discussion many many times over and over again and the same things get said every time and I cannot have the discussion yet again .

So I will bail out that discussion at this point .

You would have replied something about the Philistines in B.C and I would have replied that Palestinians  and the Philistines are different people and that the Jewish Temple of David was made 3000 years ago  in Jerusalem .

But as I said , I have had this discussion many many times before and just cannot be bothered to go through the same methodical procedure yet again .

Anti Semites use the Palestinian issue to attack Jews/Israel.

Many years ago inherited some land in Israel  worth quite a lot of money ,, the the israeli government  decided to  purchase 1/4  of it for a police station but at 10% of market rate ,so stealing it from me , I was very angry so I sold the other part and some palestinians paid me the market rate  for it , The israeli government was very angry with me  for doing that ,when I examined the land documents I found that my ancester is 1887 had paid the then Bedouin locals double the going rate for  what they deemed worthless land , which he then used modern agricultural methods to make it very productive  and so worth money .Today it is still farmed by the palestinian guy who bought it from me ,, The Israelis never built a police station on the site but sold it on to an Israeli  ''Developer'' who was a retired cop who built a condominium on the site .

Almost Thai style corruption ha ha

Edited by liddelljohn
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

Many years ago inherited some land in Israel  worth quite a lot of money ,, the the israeli government  decided to  purchase 1/4  of it for a police station but at 10% of market rate ,so stealing it from me , I was very angry so I sold the other part and some palestinians paid me the market rate  for it , The israeli government was very angry with me  for doing that ,when I examined the land documents I found that my ancester is 1887 had paid the then Bedouin locals double the going rate for  what they deemed worthless land , which he then used modern agricultural methods to make it very productive  and so worth money .Today it is still farmed by the palestinian guy who bought it from me ,, The Israelis never built a police station on the site but sold it on to an Israeli  ''Developer'' who was a retired cop who built a condominium on the site .

Almost Thai style corruption ha ha

So Palestinians have property rights in Israel. Do Jews have property rights in Palestine?