Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust

Social Media

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps not, but the Romans named the region Palestine, so the people that lived there were Palestinians.

https://www.hudson.org/node/44363

The ancient Romans pinned the name on the Land of Israel. In 135 CE, after stamping out the province of Judea’s second insurrection, the Romans renamed the province Syria Palaestina—that is, “Palestinian Syria.”

So what were the borders of that region?

Hmm?

Just now, Jingthing said:

So what were the borders of that region?

Hmm?

Irrelevant now. There was indisputably a large number of Palestinians endemic in the area. That gives them legitimate rights to nationhood. In this respect there is NO difference to the nation status of Israelis and Palestinians at the time.

On 9/8/2023 at 7:56 AM, billd766 said:

Hypocrisy from the Israelis who are doing to the Palestinians what the Germans did to the Jews before and during WW2.

Double hypocrisy  from most of the world leaders who turn their blind eyes and pretend that it is not happening, while at the same time condemning the Palestinians for fighting back with the only weapons they have.

Meanwhile the Israeli military use tanks, heavily armed troop, ground attack aircraft and helicopter gunships.

I find it hard to compare the Jews of Nazi Germany to the present day Israelis, the Nazis killed circa 6,000,000 million Jews without any provocation whatsoever, whilst the Palestinians are provoking the Israelis at any chance they get. Maybe if the Palestinians stopped provoking the Israelis they might all get along much better.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Irrelevant now. There was indisputably a large number of Palestinians endemic in the area. That gives them legitimate rights to nationhood. In this respect there is NO difference to the nation status of Israelis and Palestinians at the time.

There was not a SEPARATE identity for Palestinian ARABS who lived SPECIFICALLY in the land of Israel,  Gaza, West Bank!

Don't you get it?

Jews were Palestinians too.

The idea of a separate category for Palestinians that only includes Arabs and only includes Arabs associated with Israel, West Bank, Gaza is an artificially created political construct.

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There was not a SEPARATE identity for Palestinian ARABS who lived SPECIFICALLY in the land of Israel,  Gaza, West Bank!

Don't you get it?

Jews were Palestinians too.

How does any of that suggest Palestinians shouldn't have a nation state. Are you opposed to Palestinians having a nation state? Or having an equal vote? That would be extremely fascist.

Do you support the illegal settlements as well?

Are the illegal settlements genocidal? Have you grown up enough yet to finally answer this question?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How does any of that suggest Palestinians shouldn't have a nation state. Are you opposed to Palestinians having a nation state? Or having an equal vote? That would be extremely fascist.

Do you support the illegal settlements as well?

Are the illegal settlements genocidal? Have you grown up enough yet to finally answer this question?

Vile flame troll bait ignored.

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Vile flame troll bait ignored.

It wasn't ignored was it? You have attacked me with accusations of antisemitism and presented innumerable baseless opinions to colour the Palestinians as a not being legitimate nation. Nor even worthy of basic human rights. You have baselessly accused me of religious animosity for criticizing the Israeli government for ordering its troops to shoot children and made no attempt to justify your vile, toxic behavior. If you could draw a line between me and religious animosity toward Jews I would have some respect for you. Instead, your accusations of antisemitism are nothing more than naked flames. You  have demonstrated a profound inability to debate in good faith or in a rational manner. You are blindly one sided in your deeply rooted and ethnically inspired hatred of Palestinians (at least). You have no credibility.

Are the illegal Israeli settlements genocide?

edit: and just so everyone is aware, I am Australian born of WASP descent as far back as my genealogy freak sister can trace.

Edited by ozimoron

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It wasn't ignored was it? You have attacked me and presented innumerable baseless opinions to colour the Palestinians as a not being legitimate nation. Nor even worthy of basic human rights. You have baselessly accused me of religious animosity for criticizing the Israeli government for ordering its troops to shoot children and made no attempt to justify your vile, toxic behavior. If you could draw a line between me and religious animosity toward Jews I would have some respect for you. Instead, your accusations of antisemitism are nothing more than naked flames. You  have demonstrated a profound inability to debate in good faith or in a rational manner. You are blindly one sided in your deeply rooted and ethnically inspired hatred of Palestinians (at least). You have no credibility.

Are the illegal Israeli settlements genocide?

edit: and just so everyone is aware, I am Australian born of WASP descent as far back as my genealogy freak sister can trace.

Your vile personal accusations about me are totally false.

You're really totally out of control.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Godwin's law in action.

Hyperbole is all it is - and that is no crime. IMHO - Israel is committing crimes against humanity on a daily basis so it stands to reason that at some point someone will make comparisons to Adolf - especially given the fact that all Israel apologists do is steer the debate towards provoking such statements as they can then begin shouting “antisemite” to try and shut down discussion and avoid answering straight forward questions about the evil they are supporting.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

That money is given to UNRWA to help refugees in the region , I did mean that Saudi had stopped giving money directly to the Palestinian leadership (And the 12 million is a small fraction of what Saudia used to give , which was Billions)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They have been made in numerous internationally recognized circles and courts.

Let's see the specifics of that with sources.

Bottom line Hitler murdered over half the Jews in the world, the vast majority in Europe, and sought to murder all of them 

Even before Hitler Jews were a relatively tiny minority globally.

The nation state of Israel has no such intentions or actions towards Palestinian Arabs.

To suggest an equivalency between Hitler and Nazis is anti-semitic by definition. 

You can criticize Israel without going there.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Let's see the specifics of that with sources.

Bottom line Hitler murdered over half the Jews in the world, the vast majority in Europe, and sought to murder all.of them 

The nation state of Israel has no such intentions or actiins towards Palestinian Arabs.

To suggest an equivalent between Hitler and Nazis is anti-semitic by definition.

You can criticize Israel without going there.

I posted a link to an Israeli government official elected representative saying that the Palestinians should be exterminated.

The illegal settlements are genocide.. The comparisons are apt. The scale might not be but every other aspect is similar.

Edited by ozimoron

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I posted a link to an Israeli government official saying that the Palestinians should be exterminated.

One official?

About one small area which you failed to mention  

That's proof to you that Israel is equivalent to Nazis?

Total garbage.. Intellectually dishonest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

One official?

About one small area which you failed to mention  

That's proof to you that Israel is equivalent to Nazis?

Total garbage.. Intellectually dishonest.

The greater issue as stated and which you may have grasped by now is that the illegal settlements are genocide and that anything genocidal can be compared with nazis.

You left out the words government and elected. Was that just coincidence?

Edited by ozimoron

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Such comparisons are false.

When someone says “It’s raining cats and dogs” they don’t mean there are literally cats and dogs falling from the sky.

Similarly, when someone says “Israel is treating Palestinians as Hitler treated Jews” the don’t mean it in a literal sense, that Palestinians are being rounded up and gassed - the message being conveyed, in a hyperbolic fashion, is that Israel is treating Palestinians in an unacceptable and inhumane fashion.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

The greater issue as stated and which you may have grasped by now is that the illegal settlements are genocide and that anything genocidal can be compared with nazis.

You left out the words government and elected. Was that just coincidence?

How sleazy can you get!?!

I was referring back to your own post before you edited it.

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

When someone says “It’s raining cats and dogs” they don’t mean there are literally cats and dogs falling from the sky.

Similarly, when someone says “Israel is treating Palestinians as Hitler treated Jews” the don’t mean it in a literal sense, that Palestinians are being rounded up and gassed - the message being conveyed, in a hyperbolic fashion, is that Israel is treating Palestinians in an unacceptable and inhumane fashion.

While true, I think the world should move past the pussyfooting.

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Wrong 

It's a false equivalence and is designed specifically to offend Jews specifically. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Wrong 

It's a false equivalence and is designed specifically to offend Jews specifically. 

No, it’s not wrong.

You deliberately take it literally so you can revert to form of avoiding the legitimate claims and making false accusations of antisemitism.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

No, it’s not wrong.

You deliberately take it literally so you can revert to form of avoiding the legitimate claims and making false accusations of antisemitism.

Not against legit criticism. I would agree with most of it 

Stop the Nazi stuff.