Thailand’s EV sector hopes for spark

webfact

10 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

It allows the comfortable use of EV's for me, and my daughter.

The ones supplied by MG, and installed for free are more than enough for us, and considering most is done by emergency charger/cord, using solar, that's saying quite a bit.

Even if one has to pay 4.5-5 baht a kWh at home, that's a bargain compared to 39+ baht a liter, at the petrol pump.

200 vs 1000 baht to go 360 kms for us, IF, we used the grid to charge.  And no waiting a petrol station to fill up every week or so, no silly oil changes every 10k kms or tune-ups to concern ourselves with.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

what is the battary capacity?

Even motorcycle requires 4 hours for full charge...

https://www.decogreenenergy.com/index.php/en/product-en/electric-motorcycles-en/maxone

Nah ... nobody drains battery to 0%

2 hours, usually less and mine is done, 30-100%

(72v/50Ah)

DECO SUSU (mine)

image.png.59a37deb3365b69a5442fc181c4bb54a.png

SUSU - Updated battery:

image.png.8ca74a0fcfc98a6f14b0c1c0cb702e27.png

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Very interesting assumption ???? So, in your opinion car should be used as transport between 7/12 and the home.

7/12 ?  Can charge when every you want, though since having solar, we charge during daytime, such as now.

No limit to when we use our car.  Charging while sleeping certainly wouldn't be an inconvenience. 

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

what is the battary capacity?

Even motorcycle requires 4 hours for full charge...

https://www.decogreenenergy.com/index.php/en/product-en/electric-motorcycles-en/maxone

51 KwHr capacity

Generally I charge when about 50% and bring it to 80%, about 15KwHrs which takes 2 hours on my wallbox or 4 hours on any normal socket

Could go from 0-100% overnight, but a typcial strategy is ABC, always be charging in which case an hour a day, at night..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

51 KwHr capacity

Generally I charge when about 50% and bring it to 80%, about 15KwHrs which takes 2 hours on my wallbox or 4 hours on any normal socket

Could go from 0-100% overnight, but a typcial strategy is ABC, always be charging in which case an hour a day, at night..

Actually you became  attached to the wallbox in your home. Any  day when need to pass 200-300 km on motorways may cause headache. Or you should to have a lot of free time to charge you car. It may be suitable between office or mall. 8kw still hard to find in many regions. Therefore my original post was about that 80kw should be easily accessible throughout the country.

Edited by Dmitry2222
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Actually you became  attached to the wallbox in your home. Any  day when need to pass 200-300 km on motorways may cause headache. Or you should to have a lot of free time to charge you car. It may be suitable between office or mall. 8kw still hard to find in many regions. Therefore my original post was about that 80kw should be easily accessible throughout the country.

Highway 1 has a fast DC charger with a higher capacity than you mentioned, approximately every 30-50km, 20-30 minutes and I am on my way again, chargers are often 125Kw

797849074_Screenshot2023-07-26at14_21_09.thumb.png.8dc8c26132dd6a1051465a7c99779a8c.png

Edited by JBChiangRai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2023 at 12:28 PM, Dmitry2222 said:

Until an 80-kilowatt cable is installed in every home, the current level of batteries does not allow the comfortable use of electric vehicles. 

Surely you aren't telling us EVs require 300 amp feed to properties!

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Surely you aren't telling us EVs require 300 amp feed to properties!

Actually i am no againts to EV cars. In my opinion charging is still requires a lot of time (even 30 mins looks long), driving style (to save batarry charge) and poor infrustructure (around my location only 1-2 charger station works about stable, other closed for some reasons all the time) which caues looking for a charger which works (it also losing a time).

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Actually i am no againts to EV cars. In my opinion charging is still requires a lot of time (even 30 mins looks long), driving style (to save batarry charge) and poor infrustructure (around my location only 1-2 charger station works about stable, other closed for some reasons all the time) which caues looking for a charger which works (it also losing a time).

You don’t need any charging stations within 150km of your home, if you charge at home.

if you can’t charge at home then and EV is probably not for you yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, retarius said:

Sometimes pride comes before a fall, my friend. 

Let us hope not

17 minutes ago, transam said:

I see VW has laid off staff at their EV factory because of cheap Chinese (cr@p) EV imports.........????

Not true (the Chinese cr@p comment).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

You don’t need any charging stations within 150km of your home, if you charge at home.

if you can’t charge at home then and EV is probably not for you yet.

Perhaps it is target auditory for EV cars - goes around 150 km around of home + installed 8kw charger at home + slow driving style. Looks uncomfortable for me.

Edited by Dmitry2222
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Perhaps it is target auditory for EV cars - goes around 150 km around of home + installed 8kw charger at home + slow driving style. Looks uncomfortable for me.

EV’s are anything but slow, you only need a charger when you are driving distance is more than half your car’s full range. 

Edited by JBChiangRai
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Not if you were stopping for a coffee, food or comfort break anyway.

????.................Yeh, riiiight.................????

Now why don't you admit it, it would be a pain in the ass, especially if a charger queue or an out-of-order sign.....:whistling:............????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1