Thaksin may be released on October 13th as his prison status becomes a growing political target

webfact

18 minutes ago, rabas said:

Lol, almost Thai logic:

1. Thaksin has no need to enrich himself.

2. All Thai do.

I don't know how people who do understand Thaksin are coping, but is seems those who don't can't.

Why do the people who you claim 'understand Thaksin', seem to be completely obsessed by him, and have made thousands of posts about him, over the period of many years, even decades? ????

More importantly, why are their arguments always emotional and opinionated, rather than factual, logical and evidence-based? 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

On 9/9/2023 at 3:09 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

It's not really a surprise that the criminal won't spend too much time in jail.

If he wouldn't have a deal, he wouldn't have returned to Thailand.

I think the big question for the future is if Thaksin will be quiet and play with his grandchildren or if he will be even more active in politics than he was already when he was officially not involved.

And will PT include him on stage as the all-knowing leader?

Thaksin's downfall was his big mouth together with his criminal behavior. Will he do more of the same? Will he continue to behave like he is above the law? If yes, then another crisis for Thailand won't be far.

I hope the best, but I would be very surprised if he would just shut up.

Once the money starts to run out criminal con-men like Thaksin are going to turn to what they know best. Conning people out of their money and making it seem like he is doing you a favor while he is doing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You don't seem to understand that even if the cases and evidence had merit, due to him being removed in a coup then any subsequent legal proceedings will be regarded as politically motivated, and rightly so.

To suggest that the courts acted impartially or without bias would be absolutely ridiculous, as the junta appointed the panels and committees to 'find' evidence against him.

Most notably was the Assets Examination Committee (AEC), which disregarded witnesses and evidence only to charge Thaksin and freeze his accounts. According to the AEC Secretary the “evidence and witnesses are useless” and did not need to be taken into consideration. There were 300 witnesses and over 100 pieces of evidence which were ignored by the AEC. 

As to your allegation that Thaksin didn't mention fake evidence, thus it must have merit, he pleaded not guilty and had plenty of evidence to support his cases. See the above example. 

Save your breath.

One can never reason with indoctrinated obsessiveness. 

....and so it goes. 

• Like 1

Air con, a fridge and sofa: Thaksin Shinawatra’s ‘VVIP’ prison life in Thailand

Activists claim the former PM has received special treatment at a special hospital ward, which stands in stark contrast to the overcrowded prison system

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/11/air-con-a-fridge-and-sofa-thaksin-shinawatras-vvip-prison-life-in-thailand

Supporters of former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra arrange a giant portrait placard as they wait outside Klong Prem central prison in Bangkok

On 9/10/2023 at 5:49 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Why do the people who you claim 'understand Thaksin', seem to be completely obsessed by him, and have made thousands of posts about him, over the period of many years, even decades? ????

More importantly, why are their arguments always emotional and opinionated, rather than factual, logical and evidence-based? 

The answer about them Anti Thaksin behaving so  is : pure frustration ????....  never mind those too much  , homecoming it's done and dusted & nothing they can change on that cheesy.gif

While the whole N- East and Chang mai are celebrating and  they welcome his homecoming

• Sad 1

On 9/10/2023 at 12:15 PM, TimeMachine said:

There is one person I need to mention from Bangkok post forums. Mr lessismore was getting so much flak for his negative review of Thaksin. But by Jingo the chap was absolutely spot on.

Regards to you Lessy.

Mr lessismore was getting so much flak for his negative review of Thaksin.

You could ask yourself  why he got so much flak ......?

Easy .....!  Thaksin is loved by so many more than the Thaksin  haters

cheesy.gif

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, david555 said:

The answer about them Anti Thaksin behaving so  is : pure frustration ????....  never mind those too much  , homecoming it's done and dusted & nothing they can change on that cheesy.gif

While the whole N- East and Chang mai are celebrating and  they welcome his homecoming

Certainly not in my area of Kalasin, if my wife's family are anything to go by. They pretty much think that PT sold its soul to the devil for the sake of Thaksin and as a result are definitley not cheering about his return.  

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Certainly not in my area of Kalasin, if my wife's family are anything to go by. They pretty much think that PT sold its soul to the devil for the sake of Thaksin and as a result are definitley not cheering about his return.  

Maybe they change their mind in future if they see how in future  Thaksin go play his cards ..... remember he is a master in strategy .......

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Maybe they change their mind in future if they see how in future  Thaksin go play his cards ..... remember he is a master in strategy .......

Difficult when he needs to bow to the junta parties and the elite. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Wait until they get the 10,000thb in crypto ????

People are fickle.

2 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Difficult when he needs to bow to the junta parties and the elite. 

Things changed  apparently and all need each other .....

No hate to MF from me ..., but their popular 112 vote winning plan from the young , plan blocked them for Governing , if not so , together with PT they would became a massive group..... but  an impossible to realize promise blocked them by themself

13 hours ago, RanongCat said:

Thaksin is terminally sick. He as no wish other than to die at home.

I wouldn’t be so sure.

A former boss of mine (a Kiwi with ties to Thailand) told me he was terminally ill, so I would continue to manage his company in Thailand and do his bidding.

He was nothing but a manipulator and conman. 

Unfortunately in this World, there exist people that have no ethics nor morals whatsoever, and Thai politics is full of them.