Gay Asian American Retiree Seeking Trustworthy Life Buddy (Platonic) in BKK

US Asian

Hi, Everyone, I am a gay Asian American, recently retired and plan to live in Thailand (most likely in Bangkok).  I believe it's most important for the elderly, and especially for gay elders to have a sincere, reliable buddy (like me, under 65?) in his life, as a companion, confidant, listener, mutual care-giver, sharer of fun and tough moments (eg someone to wonder about your situation when you are not seen/hear for couple of days...). I am well educated, personable, independent, kind, respectful, sensible; and look for a buddy with similar qualities. Let's get to know each other and chitchat daily on everything, hang out together at bars/restaurants; parties/events; outings/trips. While sharing much time and thoughts, we are financially independent, and will pay our own way, without involvement in each other's financial matters (no loans, investment, sharing of business interest, etc), and definitely NO physical intimacy between us (which is easy with such abundance of attractive young guys around, although they are not likely to be good candidates as your trustworthy long-term confidant). Oh, as this is strictly platonic, I'll also consider females or  straight males if there is no suitable gay men for this. I have been looking for this kind of platonic relationship for years but no one seem to want a platonic but serious relationship, it's puzzling (I believe it's brutal in fact not moral to force oneself to have sex in order to maintain a relationship with a significant other, but you can keep your own theory, I'm not going to argue with you).  Please PM me with your details if interested.  Thank you. 

Edited by blackcab
Email address removed

If you're serious about this then I have to wonder why you picked this site post this request.  

I have no idea on this site how to send you a personal note and it shows your email it's been removed.  I would suggest you try posting it on the site like silverdaddies.

I think most gay men are looking for a lifetime friendship.  Even if the relationship started off sexual they don't tend to continue in that way.  We don't tend to have family who can help us through the experiences we are all likely to have.  And we have bucket lists of places we would like to go and things we would like to do where it would be nice to have someone to share those with whether they make the trip or the adventure just someone to talk to.  

Charlie

Hi Palmbeachblueeyes, thanks for your response. The few Thai gay expat Fora I knew of can’t be found anymore, so I posted my note sort of at random (also on “expat forum”), but I will try “silverdaddies”.  Meantime, are you based in the US or Thailand as I intend to be in? Because even if we have the same ideas and even much in common, it won’t amount to much if we live on opposite ends of the globe. I’d also gladly give you my email address but don’t know if this site would allow me to post it here (I don’t know who deleted it). So tell me how.  Have a good autumn time (wherever you are)!