Suicide rate in Thailand hits half-decade peak despite prevention efforts

webfact

Thailand, comparatively, seems to not be doing so badly.

image.png.005f200c2c40f4bec84a9ce2818c971e.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

The above are rates per 100,000, and by country.

USA is 14.5

Thailand is a more collective and cohesive society, maybe.

Families tend to support family members in trouble, either emotional troubles, financial, or...

Whatever.

Marital Status seems to be a major contributor affecting suicide rates.

And this factor seems higher than one might guess.

Therefore, maybe one should complain less about the wife, even, as some do, about the Thai wife...

image.png.fce04f65954da27fd0565ff21eb19871.png

https://ifstudies.org/blog/the-role-of-marriage-in-the-suicide-crisis

Staying married seems a good idea.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Given the choice ,

1. man working for 40 years @ 40+hrs/week and being either asset stripped or living alone.

2. woman, pop two babies and have the rest of your life free from working.

I'd go with being a woman.

The peeing, pooping baby only lasts for 2 years, and that's only if you don't hire a nanny to do it all for you.

Born in 2024 woman, born in 1824 man. Be my choice. Women have it so easy if born in west. Play sport you get man money despite being crap if popular sport.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

I grew up and learned that there are only 2 genders, ie.: MAN and WOMAN.
Youngsters from now grow up with 265 Genders.
Not the best times to grow up.

Good point.

And imagine (I don't really want to), that you are somewhere in a university, and you want to convince the other students that there are only 2 genders. And all those other students look at you like you are some dimwit flat earther. That must be hard. And I am sure many ask themselves: Am I the idiot or are those other 90% of the people around me mad? 

Difficult times, indeed. 

The concept of suicide alone is particularly troubling.  But the reality of it breaking into the top 10 list worldwide requires preventative action.  

The article mentions romantic troubles, mental health issues, alcohol abuse and financials woes as top contributors.

What kind of force can so thoroughly break and crush a human spirit that they would end their own life?  

My Bible reading indicates protection is required from evil spirits that can deceive you and harm you mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually when under the affects of the above.

God is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalms 34:18.  After you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. Peter 5:10.

8 minutes ago, Mark Nothing said:

The concept of suicide alone is particularly troubling.  But the reality of it breaking into the top 10 list worldwide requires preventative action.  

The article mentions romantic troubles, mental health issues, alcohol abuse and financials woes as top contributors.

What kind of force can so thoroughly break and crush a human spirit that they would end their own life?  

My Bible reading indicates protection is required from evil spirits that can deceive you and harm you mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually when under the affects of the above.

Psalms 34:18.  After you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. Peter 5:10.

Suicide makes sense. 70% of the world have crap lives. Im surprised its not top 3 killers. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Strange that humans are never satisfied.

Some who are dying want to live.

Some who are living want to die.

And others are on the fence about it...

Presumably,

Waiting to jump off of it.

Drunks want to stop

Smokers want to quit

Fat people want to be skinny

Skinny people are paranoid about fat

If we are to make good headway towards reducing risk of suicide.

Then, we need more information, and reliable information.

Here is one article, but is it reliable?

''Deaths of Despair' Might Not Be About Despair After All"

image.png.213f72273425adb37192a16726855dc7.png

https://freebeacon.com/issues/deaths-of-despair-might-not-be-about-despair-after-all/

The problem, perhaps, is that some studies are partisan...

https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/republicans/analysis?ID=B29A7E54-0E13-4C4D-83AA-6A49105F0F43

Strange, however, that we still do not know enough about the causes of what they now call deaths of despair.

WOW, you know...

If the above data in the graph are correct, then it looks almost as bad as an exponential curve.

And that...says...

A LOT.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

I see you still a bully. Turn to god, ask for help.

The thing about human personality is that...

It does not change much after age seven.

According to one well-publicized study which you probably have already read.

So then, once a bully, always a bully.

There are many more around, these days, it seems.

But, that's life.

If you can't beat them, 

Join them?

58 minutes ago, Mark Nothing said:

In 2018, while I was having a life threatening surgery, my brother convinced my daughter to go to the police and tell complete lies about her life in Thailand without a future, about how she was treated in Thailand as a mixed nationality, etc.

My brother succeeded in his plan and I lost my 16 year old daughter.

She believed my brother's promises that she would be rich and have a bright future.

But barely 9 months later, I received an email from the Belgian authorities that she tried to commit suicide and they asked me to come back ASAP.

I went to Belgium, but my daughter didn't want to return to Thailand because of the bad things she said.

In the following years, she tried to commit suicide 2 times and she lives now in youth house where she is given drugs to keep her happy.

And you want me to believe your crap about God?

The whole story can be read at:

Child-abduction.net

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Plenty of bullies and stalkers on this forum.

Can't even post a thread on 'cook in sauces' without suffering frequent personal attacks from the 'haters'.

You're right. It's a bit strange to complain about Facebook via posting on here. The only difference is that here the attacks are anonymous, whereas your enemies on Facebook are usually known.

Facebook is going down fast anyway. The younger generations are leaning toward other media, Tiktok the #1 choice now. Now the stress is not so much about bullying, but how many likes and followers they have. If the youngsters can't get likes they are more likely to end their lives prematurely due to the despair caused by being unpopular.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 2