Is there a legitimate way to make a meaningful amount of money online that does not involve speaking?

2 hours ago, acepredator said:

Thanks for the information. Actually, I do have some work experience in the legal profession, so maybe it would be a good fit for me. I'll do some checking and see what I can find.

You could try Andovar (based in Bangkok), I haven't worked with them for over 10 years but my experience with them was positive. They used to have projects in several fields. At the time they paid 45 days after invoice submission.

https://careers.andovar.com/category/freelance/

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I wonder what Buffet and Munger would think of this moronic post.

And if you think you money is safe in any bank nowadays you are entirely deluded.

You think Buffet is your personal financial advisor? He got rich by outsmarting and screwing millions of people who lost money in the markets.

You think all banks will collapse and everyone will lose their life savings? 

Society would collapse and everyone will revolt. And the elites cannot stay filthy rich if no one has any money to purchase their iPhones. 

Here is my understanding of banking, based on limited information.

And this applies only to North American banks.

Not sure what's going on in the rest of the world. 

In the US, the small banks will be collapsed into the big banks. And only 4 or 5 remaining big banks will remain. That's by design. Because they want to roll out digital currency and it's easier to implement a digital currency with fewer banks. 

But still, I think people's savings are protected (if FDIC insured) because the small banks are just being taken over by the big banks. 

The value of the dollar might fall significantly. As might the value of real estate. 

But that doesn't mean you should try to make 25% in the stock market to cover your losses. Stock market is and always has been risky. 

Also something to keep in mind. We are entering a financial period that has never existed before in history. We are in the midst of a complete economic upheaval/revamp. No one knows exactly what it will look like. 

The value of the dollar may decrease, but Elon Musk has stated that the value of goods will also decrease due to lower labor costs of automation. 

Anyway, I am not a financial expert. So don't make any major life decisions based on my post. 

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

You could try Andovar (based in Bangkok), I haven't worked with them for over 10 years but my experience with them was positive. They used to have projects in several fields. At the time they paid 45 days after invoice submission.

https://careers.andovar.com/category/freelance/

Thanks very much for your help. I'll check into Andovar and see if I can find something suitable.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

You think Buffet is your personal financial advisor? He got rich by outsmarting and screwing millions of people who lost money in the markets.

You think all banks will collapse and everyone will lose their life savings? 

Society would collapse and everyone will revolt. And the elites cannot stay filthy rich if no one has any money to purchase their iPhones. 

Here is my understanding of banking, based on limited information.

And this applies only to North American banks.

Not sure what's going on in the rest of the world. 

In the US, the small banks will be collapsed into the big banks. And only 4 or 5 remaining big banks will remain. That's by design. Because they want to roll out digital currency and it's easier to implement a digital currency with fewer banks. 

But still, I think people's savings are protected (if FDIC insured) because the small banks are just being taken over by the big banks. 

The value of the dollar might fall significantly. As might the value of real estate. 

But that doesn't mean you should try to make 25% in the stock market to cover your losses. Stock market is and always has been risky. 

Also something to keep in mind. We are entering a financial period that has never existed before in history. We are in the midst of a complete economic upheaval/revamp. No one knows exactly what it will look like. 

The value of the dollar may decrease, but Elon Musk has stated that the value of goods will also decrease due to lower labor costs of automation. 

Anyway, I am not a financial expert. So don't make any major life decisions based on my post. 

Very interesting and thought provoking post. I'm always concerned about the future of the financial system due to the fact that I have about 80% of my money in mutual funds and annuities. I have been able to ride out the huge drops in the market in both 2008 and 2020, but who knows when the next crash will occur and how devastating it will be and how long until the markets recover. If the consequences of a crash are catastrophic enough, world governments would have to act to bolster financial markets or face a complete meltdown of the global economic system. I'm just hoping that it doesn't happen in my lifetime.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:42 AM, acepredator said:

Thanks for the information. Actually, I do have some work experience in the legal profession, so maybe it would be a good fit for me. I'll do some checking and see what I can find.

I was in the legal industry also for a lot of years, and can tell you that legal transcription services are in high demand, all the more so as law firms trend toward working remotely or even becoming virtual law firms.

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2023 at 1:26 AM, ChrisP24 said:

I was in the legal industry also for a lot of years, and can tell you that legal transcription services are in high demand, all the more so as law firms trend toward working remotely or even becoming virtual law firms.

Very interesting. The concept of virtual law firms is something I've never heard of and never would have expected. It just goes to show how much society has changed recently, especially in the age of COVID. 

5 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

It's simple math. 

A good chunk of the cost of things is labor. 

Machines cost much less than a human salary to operate. 

Unless regulated, that means more profit, not cheaper prices.

Automation has been happening for decades. When has it ever really lead to any significant price drops?

2 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Unless regulated, that means more profit, not cheaper prices.

Automation has been happening for decades. When has it ever really lead to any significant price drops?

I think purchasing power in general will decrease.

A lot of things might change drastically.

Hard to predict what things will look like.

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2023 at 5:30 PM, JacksRiVe said:

I'm sorry to hear about your financial setback, and I appreciate your determination to find a legitimate way to make money online without speaking. Your situation is understandable, given your experience and health condition.

While there are many options online, it's essential to be cautious of scams, as you've mentioned. If you're looking for ways to make some cash online, you can explore some practical tips on how to make money fast. These strategies might not bring in significant amounts immediately, but they can provide you with opportunities to supplement your income over time.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply to my post. I'll follow up on your suggestion. I've signed up for one legitimate website, but so far it is slow to produce any moneymaking opportunities. I'm in the process of signing up for other sites that my research has shown to also be legitimate. It is a ponderous process, but I am staying the course until I see some meaningful results from my efforts.