Is FireFox now realy the worst browser ever?

BenStark

2 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

Interesting, I have never had any problem with Firefox. I use Firefox mainly because it is not Google which I hate with a passion.

I had Firefox for many years only switched to a different browser because I had probs with Facebook but still have the same problems so I might switch back 

3 hours ago, BenStark said:

I used to like Firefox about a decade ago, when Google still supported the developing team.

Then Google stepped back, and Yahoo stepped in, which was the day FF started to deteriorate at a fast pace.

Google never supported the developing team. They had a sponsor deal with the Mozilla Corporation. They then had a period where Yahoo! was the sponsor for the default search engine placement but have since reverted to selling that to Google again. None of this has anything to do with the development of the browser though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Also FireFox has the Add-Ons/extensions feature which allows with a simple click to integrate thousands of applications in the browser, without having to install them (e.g. AdBlock, Ghostery, download managers, VPN, etc.)

I too like Firefox, but the above is not a feature unique to FF.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You are correct.

I used Mozilla.

image.png.69c90e872fffddf06f9bb4c05c699d84.png

Which turned into Firefox.

The only advantage to Firefox (for me) over other browsers was MULTITABs

Now, Firefox has become GARBAGE.

A decade ago, I used both CHROMIUM AND CHROME, Chromium being open-source.

I stopped using Chromium when I started using Linux less.

These days, it's nothing but Chrome for me.

I can open about 100 tabs without it crashing.

And, it integrates very well with Google Meet, Docs, Sheets, etc.

Chrome can save my passwords, quite well.

WHY Oh WHY would I use Firefox.

Also, Firefox has always had a stupid name, and I hated them for getting rid of the name Mozilla.

I have an old computer with 16 GB of DDR3 Ram which is too slow and too lousy for me.

Maybe soon, I will buy a reasonably priced i5+MoBo Combo, and 64 GB of DDR4.

Why?

a. More Tabs, of course.

b. I can also use part of the 64 GB to create a RAMDISK and work SUPER FAST.  No more THRASHING of read/writes to SSD or HDD, and this means that my internet experience will be much improved.

c. I will also be able to post more Topics on TV if I have 1000 tabs open, simultaneously.

The company is called Mozilla, their web browser called Firefox.

Initial release of the browser was called Mozilla Firefox later shortened to just Firefox.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I use Waterfox ..... it is suppose to be faster than FF and lighter on CPU. 

I run 5 add-ons including Faster Pageload,   yesterday I did some more tweaks in  about:config  and it did speed loading time up slightly. 

I'm still trying to get it even faster as it can lag or have a delay in response when clicking on a website.

Does anyone else here use it ?  what do you think of it?

Edited by steven100

8 hours ago, Keep Right said:

Interesting, I have never had any problem with Firefox. I use Firefox mainly because it is not Google which I hate with a passion.

I never have any issues with FF either.

I love Google programming tools. I use Dart / Flutter a lot for coding. Open source, free and supported by the largest software company in the business. Google have simply taken down the proprietary business model of Apple and Microsoft when it comes to software.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Glad you are all so happy with FF, and never have issues, though I think the comments have more to do with the nature of this forum, where it seems to be a "must" to always go against everything posted.

Some better informed people have a different opinion though.

https://levelup.gitconnected.com/why-firefox-deserves-its-sad-decline-1c44d9ba59c9

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Have three browsers in use on the PC. FF used mainly, Chrome and Brave occasionally. Can't remember last time that one of them crashed.

Now on mobile using Chrome just for being lazy to install anything else.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Firefox has always been my main browser, it is so configurable to my requirements and today it runs so well. Brave crashed on my Win11 so thats gone - same happened to Opera - gone also and won't go back to either.

For ease of use Chrome and Edge are very slick on Win11, but I just use them when I am lazy. Firefox is brilliant.

Edited by Hamus Yaigh
  • Like 2