Two prominent online shopping platforms halt sale of certain coffee products

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

They found that the sale of coffee products on the platforms was inappropriate and not aligned with Thai values.

Laughable... from a nation that relies on girls working "flat-out" to bolster it's GDP

Edited by hotchilli
  • Haha 1

Arguably the naming of the product might be as tasteless as the coffee beans? 

Yet, in all fairness, nothing better to report on? While the authorities are going over the moon on this issue, they certainly know how to drag feet on issues like a huge svastika on the back of 10-wheelers etc. 

But then again, how does a local coffee packer dare to soil the immaculate image of the semi-divines .... it refers to the reproductive organ of non-males - to wrap it up politically correct! Just another idiot who started "thinking" I assume ???? 

I guess Thailand's Ministry of Culture has never heard of the Wikipedia - Chao Mae Tuptim shrine in Bangkok. 

Many bars with girls also have a phallus shrine somewhere, usually in the back so it is out of sight of the customers.  The idea is that rubbing the wooden or stone phallus while saying a prayer will bring good luck in the nights endeavors.

I also have many fond memories of watching Thai go-go dancers in a bar doing a good luck ceremony involving all the go-go girls lining up with their legs spread while the girl in front bends over and sends a wooden phallus sliding down the floor between her open legs, and of all the dancers lined up behind her.