Battery replacement for an old Huawei phone in TUKCOM, Pattaya

bondjames007

5 minutes ago, bondjames007 said:

As anyone replaced their smartphone battery in Tukcom,  pattaya.

Had my phone for 5 years, have to recharge frequently, so looking at replacing battery instead of buying a new phone.

Anyone had any experience with getting their mobile battery replaced at Tukcom in Pattaya ?

Difficult one this one…

When I did take my phones and anything else there, every single vendor, without fail, broke something. Lackadaisical. 
Sometimes watching them, instead of using plastic tools, they’ll use a ‘Stanley knife’. I cringe watching them sometimes. 
I decided to go out of town to look for a more professional setup. Though no help for your Huawei. 

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

A friend bought it and is very happy with it, i have the 9 and still happy with it

Thanks. But I love it when people say they just got a new phone (or car, or fridge, or girlfriend!) three months ago, and are still very happy with it. What would make you unhappy with a phone?

Edited by KannikaP

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Thanks. But I love it when people say they just got a new phone (or car, or fridge, or girlfriend!) three months ago, and are still very happy with it. What would make you unhappy with a phone?

Phones and any device can annoy you from the off, not user friendly, convoluted processes etc etc. Xiaomi has a good following based on all their other phones

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Phones and any device can annoy you from the off, not user friendly, convoluted processes etc etc. Xiaomi has a good following based on all their other phones

Thanks, and yes, I have Xiaomi appliances and am happy with them. 

In the past 3 months I've had batteries replaced in 2 phones. One, an old Pixel 3XL, the other, a newer Samsung S21. Both had succumed to bulging battery syndrome. 

In both cases, I bought a battery on Lazada, figuring these are probably more rare to find here, maybe not so much for the S21, but it is the smaller, least popular model. 

In Tukcom, as you exit the 2nd set of escalators to the 2nd floor, it is the first kiosk ahead and to the right. A young man waits counter, an older man does the repairs. Took about 15-20 minutes each time. Both phones continue to work well for wired and wireless charging. I offered 300 baht in each instance, since I had new batteries, and it was accepted. Don't care if that's overpayment. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Always scared whether I can get everything working again on a new item..as I get older technology scares me more. 

I was the same when I replaced my phone a couple of years ago. However when I switched the new phone on instructions came up on the screen for how to swap everything from my old phone onto the new one. The time consuming issue was having to put usernames and passwords into all the apps that required them.