Hunter Biden indicted on three federal gun charges

Social Media

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes, 

Just like I think that Hillary Clinton and the FBI planted the false dossier that was used to smear Trump.  Just like Lisa Paige and Peter Stroz used their positions to get Trump.  Just like Comey lied on FISA warrants to spy on Carter Page which gave him access to surveillance on Trump. 

Perhaps you believe USA politics is as pure as the driven snow but I don't.  Going back even a few years to Herbert Hoover he kept dossiers on his enemies and Richard Nixon had his enemies list. 

Conversely, you have Comey who obtained and convicted Martha Stewart for lying to the FBI giving Clinton a pass on lying to the FBI and ignoring subpoenas and destroying the evidence under subpoenas.  

So yes the establishment is weaponsized to use against those who are your political opponents and as a defense to shield those they want from prosecution.  

You have Trump being impeached for suggesting that Ukraine look into the Hunter Biden and Burisma matter as political interference.  You have Joe Biden on tape bragging he withheld a billion in US loan guarantees to Ukraine if they didn't fire the prosecutor going after Burisma where his son was receiving millions from and he was not even scolded for obviously interfering in the affairs of a foreign government. 

You have truncated my post in order to be able to deflect again! This is dishonest!

My question was not about HC, the FBI, etc..

My question was very precise, and you never replied to it.

Do you believe that Giuliani and the NYPost, despite having a copy of the laptop content at their disposal for years, have withheld evidence incriminating Hunter or Joe?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So the weaponized DOJ indicted Hunter Biden and Senator Menendez.

It's almost as if they are going after suspected criminals.

The FBI used fraudulent and unlawfully obtained FISA warrants to go after Carter Page who was on the Trump campaign.  The warrant gives two jumps meaning they can spy on anyone Page contacts and anyone that those people in turn contact.  That gives them access to Trump and everyone Trump contacts.   

The DOJ went after General Flynn but did not go after Hillary Clinton who lied to the FBI.  Interesting is that Comey is with the FBI and he have her the free pass and it was never questioned that he lacked the authority to do so.  The FBI has the role of investigating and presenting evidence to the Dept of Justice.  The Justice Dept has the role of deciding to or not to prosecute. But Comey exoneratted her.  Mind you this is the same Comey who went after Martha Stewrt not for insider trading but lying to the FBI.  

They went after Michael Cohen Trump's lawyer why.  They wanted to shakedown Cohen threatening him with additional crimes if he didn't assist in providing damaging information on Trump. 

All of this is political.  Do I think Hunter is guilty yes.  Do I think he would have been prosecuted for the gun charge if he was not the son of Joe Biden.  NO.   He did commit a crime but that offense is rarely if ever prosecuted. 

25 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

The FBI used fraudulent and unlawfully obtained FISA warrants to go after Carter Page who was on the Trump campaign.  The warrant gives two jumps meaning they can spy on anyone Page contacts and anyone that those people in turn contact.  That gives them access to Trump and everyone Trump contacts.   

The DOJ went after General Flynn but did not go after Hillary Clinton who lied to the FBI.  Interesting is that Comey is with the FBI and he have her the free pass and it was never questioned that he lacked the authority to do so.  The FBI has the role of investigating and presenting evidence to the Dept of Justice.  The Justice Dept has the role of deciding to or not to prosecute. But Comey exoneratted her.  Mind you this is the same Comey who went after Martha Stewrt not for insider trading but lying to the FBI.  

They went after Michael Cohen Trump's lawyer why.  They wanted to shakedown Cohen threatening him with additional crimes if he didn't assist in providing damaging information on Trump. 

All of this is political.  Do I think Hunter is guilty yes.  Do I think he would have been prosecuted for the gun charge if he was not the son of Joe Biden.  NO.   He did commit a crime but that offense is rarely if ever prosecuted. 

How about some links proving that the FBI fraudulently obtained a FISA warrant against Carter Page?

Yes, 

Just like I think that Hillary Clinton and the FBI planted the false dossier that was used to smear Trump.  Just like Lisa Paige and Peter Stroz used their positions to get Trump.  Just like Comey lied on FISA warrants to spy on Carter Page which gave him access to surveillance on Trump. 

Perhaps you believe USA politics is as pure as the driven snow but I don't.  Going back even a few years to Herbert Hoover he kept dossiers on his enemies and Richard Nixon had his enemies list. 

Conversely, you have Comey who obtained and convicted Martha Stewart for lying to the FBI giving Clinton a pass on lying to the FBI and ignoring subpoenas and destroying the evidence under subpoenas.  

So yes the establishment is weaponsized to use against those who are your political opponents and as a defense to shield those they want from prosecution.  

You have Trump being impeached for suggesting that Ukraine look into the Hunter Biden and Burisma matter as political interference.  You have Joe Biden on tape bragging he withheld a billion in US loan guarantees to Ukraine if they didn't fire the prosecutor going after Burisma where his son was receiving millions from and he was not even scolded for obviously interfering in the affairs of a foreign government. 

The Steele dossier was originally funded by Republicans. It was intended to serve as a compendium of Trump allegations, and never purported to be 100% accurate.

However about 80% of it turned out to be true.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I have no idea what evidence they have or what constraints have been put on them and neither do you.  

The Senate has however volumes of banking information showing 20 shell companies set up by Hunter.  Some of the information concerning those companies and money movements "may" be on the laptop.  However as said, to the best of my knowledge not all of the contents of the laptop have been divulged and those in possession of it "may" be under some legal constraints to release it.  Did you ever hear of poisioning the jury pool.  

Hunter is being investigated for also income tax violations concerning his activities.  I doubt seriously the IRS is doing that without some basis for their actions. 

This is from the House Oversight committee.  So do I think there is smoke and very likely fire.  They pointedly show how not just Hunter but up to 9 members of the Biden family benefited financially.  I was born at night, not last night.  There is no way Hunter Biden would garner any influence with a Ukrainian Oil company or Chinese government if not for peddling access to his father.  You have a crack addicted loose cannon that any amount of due dilligence would show this is not a person trustworthy that you want to do business with. 

https://oversight.house.gov/release/comer-oversight-committee-has-uncovered-mounting-evidence-tying-joe-biden-to-family-business-schemes/

image.png.ced48fa05593e5cfc18a5c94e5ba32bd.png

Actual proof of these allegations is not attached.

30 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I have no idea what evidence they have or what constraints have been put on them and neither do you.  

The Senate has however volumes of banking information showing 20 shell companies set up by Hunter.  Some of the information concerning those companies and money movements "may" be on the laptop.  However as said, to the best of my knowledge not all of the contents of the laptop have been divulged and those in possession of it "may" be under some legal constraints to release it.  Did you ever hear of poisioning the jury pool.  

Hunter is being investigated for also income tax violations concerning his activities.  I doubt seriously the IRS is doing that without some basis for their actions. 

This is from the House Oversight committee.  So do I think there is smoke and very likely fire.  They pointedly show how not just Hunter but up to 9 members of the Biden family benefited financially.  I was born at night, not last night.  There is no way Hunter Biden would garner any influence with a Ukrainian Oil company or Chinese government if not for peddling access to his father.  You have a crack addicted loose cannon that any amount of due dilligence would show this is not a person trustworthy that you want to do business with. 

https://oversight.house.gov/release/comer-oversight-committee-has-uncovered-mounting-evidence-tying-joe-biden-to-family-business-schemes/

image.png.ced48fa05593e5cfc18a5c94e5ba32bd.png

Giuliani got a copy of the laptop content from the start by the shop owner, and gave a copy to the NYPost one year later. They timely (shortly before elections) released information intended at smearing Biden (the emails). They have never been able to come up with worse than that. Later, the content has been accessed by other media, and the pictures from the laptop have posted on the Internet. 

And there would be some mysterious laptop content incriminating one of the Biden's or both? It doesn't make sense!

As to the rest of your post, That's the usual 'Comers says' stuff! Says but never shows. It's always keep mysterious!

1 hour ago, candide said:

). They have never been able to come up with worse than that. Later, the content has been accessed by other media, and the pictures from the laptop have posted on the Internet. 

And there would be some mysterious laptop content incriminating one of the Biden's or both? It doesn't make sense!

You are conjecturing.  Neither you or I know what is on that laptop nor do we know what restrictions if any the New York Post and Guilliani have imposed on them.  

One way or another it is fact that Hunter Biden was put on the board of Burisma.  It is fact that he got millions despite knowing nothing about Ukraine, or the oil and gas business.  It is a fact he was widely known as a crack addict.  It is a fact that Biden witheld US loan guarantees unless the prosecutor going after Burisma was fired. You must have been on the OJ jury if you think that was all innocent. 

Your assertion that somehow this is all jsut smoke and mirrors is ludicrous.  I suspect you would have police stop a car driven by Hillary Clinton with a dead body in the trunk and a firearm with her fingerprints on it and say the evidence was only circumstantial.  

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

You are conjecturing.  Neither you or I know what is on that laptop nor do we know what restrictions if any the New York Post and Guilliani have imposed on them.  

One way or another it is fact that Hunter Biden was put on the board of Burisma.  It is fact that he got millions despite knowing nothing about Ukraine, or the oil and gas business.  It is a fact he was widely known as a crack addict.  It is a fact that Biden witheld US loan guarantees unless the prosecutor going after Burisma was fired. You must have been on the OJ jury if you think that was all innocent. 

Your assertion that somehow this is all jsut smoke and mirrors is ludicrous.  I suspect you would have police stop a car driven by Hillary Clinton with a dead body in the trunk and a firearm with her fingerprints on it and say the evidence was only circumstantial.  

Restrictions imposed on guiliani and/or the post? Lol.

"It is a fact that Biden witheld US loan guarantees unless the prosecutor going after Burisma was fired." No, not true. US government withheld that, as that was US and EU policy. Also that prosecutor was fired for completely different reasons as has been shown again and again.

I agree with you Hunter was abusing his name.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

So now you are evoking hypothetical events involving Hillary Clinton to back your beliefs, really?

Real facts: the Obama administration had been consistently criticizing Ukraine prosecutor general's office for not investigating (and even helping) Burisma before and after Shokin was nominated. Shokin was covering up Burisma, and was instead going after anticorruption organisations. The IMF also held back funds for the same reason as the U.S., and the EU also wanted Shokin to be fired.

https://www.justsecurity.org/66271/timeline-trump-giuliani-bidens-and-ukrainegate/

But don't let facts get in the way of a good MAGA story! ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, stevenl said:

. Also that prosecutor was fired for completely different reasons as has been shown again and again

And where do you get your information from that he was fired for different reasons.  

Also even if true, his actions as VP are not allowed.  It is called interfering with the governance of a foreign country.  You don't call another country and tell them to fire the guy or you don't get money.  That is quid pro quo. 

Joe Biden ? Of course he had to fabricate a reason why he fired him 

You also omit the fact that Devon Archer Hunter Biden's partner testified that Burisma executives came to him and asked for help from DC They certainly were not talking about Daniel Craig.  Now who has a reason to lie?  Hunter Biden, Joe Biden or Devon Archer.  I suggest it aint Devon

Hunter Biden's business partner Devon Archer revealed that Ukrainian oil company Burisma used vague terms to demand he use his influence as the then-vice president's son for help.

According to Archer, during a dinner with Burisma executives at the Four Seasons in Dubai in December 2015, Hunter said he would be able to get 'help from D.C.' in order to relieve some 'government pressure' on the company.

ather, they used the 'amorphous' term: 'can we get help in D.C.?'

'The request -- you know, basically the request is like, can D.C. help?' said Archer.

'But there were not -- you know, I'm not going to -- there were not -- it wasn't like -- there weren't specific, you know, can the big guy help? It was -- it's always this amorphous, can we get help in D.C.?'

Edited by Longwood50
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, candide said:

Real facts: the Obama administration had been consistently criticizing Ukraine prosecutor general's office for not investigating (and even helping) Burisma

Does the term interference with a foreign government mean anything to do.  If you recall Trump faced impeachment just for suggesting that Ukraine investigate the activities at Burisma. 

And somehow you suggest that Obama had the right to tell Ukraine what do do relative to not investigating Burisma.  I am not saying you are ignorant but its the thinking part that has you stumped. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

And where do you get your information from that he was fired for different reasons.  

Also even if true, his actions as VP are not allowed.  It is called interfering with the governance of a foreign country.  You don't call another country and tell them to fire the guy or you don't get money.  That is quid pro quo. 

You also omit the fact that Devon Archer Hunter Biden's partner testified that Burisma executives came to him and asked for help from DC They certainly were not talking about Daniel Craig.  Now who has a reason to lie?  Hunter Biden, Joe Biden or Devon Archer.  I suggest it aint Devon

Hunter Biden's business partner Devon Archer revealed that Ukrainian oil company Burisma used vague terms to demand he use his influence as the then-vice president's son for help.

According to Archer, during a dinner with Burisma executives at the Four Seasons in Dubai in December 2015, Hunter said he would be able to get 'help from D.C.' in order to relieve some 'government pressure' on the company.

'The request -- you know, basically the request is like, can D.C. help?' said Archer.

'But there were not -- you know, I'm not going to -- there were not -- it wasn't like -- there weren't specific, you know, can the big guy help? It was -- it's always this amorphous, can we get help in D.C.?'

I am really confused how someone who claims to like facts can keep on spouting the same time and time again debunked nonsense.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Does the term interference with a foreign government mean anything to do.  If you recall Trump faced impeachment just for suggesting that Ukraine investigate the activities at Burisma. 

And somehow you suggest that Obama had the right to tell Ukraine what do do relative to not investigating Burisma.  I am not saying you are ignorant but its the thinking part that has you stumped. 

Conditions have always been set by international organisations or by States for providing financial aid. One recurrent condition is to fight corruption and in particular to set up a judicial system able to prevent corruption. So yes, the U.S., the IMF and the EU interfered to make sure corruption would be fought.

And no, Trump did not ask Ukraine "to investigate activities at Burisma".

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Where does it say that setting conditions for giving foreign aid is not allowed?

You obviously don't know the meaning of 'quid pro quo' if you think it is illegal or immoral.

Where does it say that Devon Archer said that Joe Biden was involved in Hunter's business dealings?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

"And somehow you suggest that Obama had the right to tell Ukraine what do do relative to not investigating Burisma.  I am not saying you are ignorant but its the thinking part that has you stumped."

What makes you think it was just Obama?

EU hails sacking of Ukraine’s prosecutor Viktor Shokin

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/eu-hails-sacking-of-ukraine-s-prosecutor-viktor-shokin-1.2591190

there is a long list of Western organizations, governments, and diplomats, as well as Ukrainian anti-corruption groups, that wanted to see Shokin fired.

They include the International Monetary Fund, the European Union, the U.S. government, foreign investors, and Ukrainian advocates of reform.

https://www.rferl.org/a/why-was-ukraine-top-prosecutor-fired-viktor-shokin/30181445.html

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Trump was impeached for illegally asking a foreign government to interfere in the 2020 elections.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is a fact that Biden witheld US loan guarantees unless the prosecutor going after Burisma was fired. 

You know this isn't true, but you keep posting it.

Shokin refused to investigate Burisma.

https://www.ft.com/content/e1454ace-e61b-11e9-9743-db5a370481bc

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/10/imf-warns-ukraine-halt-40bn-bailout-corruption-christine-lagarde

Ukraine

IMF warns Ukraine it will halt $40bn bailout unless corruption stops

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/corruption-overshadows-ukraine-imf-aid-bailout-a7317066.html

President Poroshenko was forced to sack Mr Shukin under pressure from the European Union and the US seven months ago.

• Thanks 1

December 2015, you cite? That was after The U.S., the EU and the IMF asked for Shokin to be dismissed! ????

"Sept. 24, 2015 – U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt excoriates officials in the Prosecutor General’s Office for stymying anti-corruption investigations, including those involving Burisma"

And

"Fall 2015 – Biden, along with the EU, publicly calls for ouster of Prosecutor General Shokin for failure to work on anti-corruption efforts.

John E. Herbst, U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine under George W. Bush, later testified before Congress:

“By late fall of 2015, the EU and the United States joined the chorus of those seeking Mr. Shokin’s removal as the start of an overall reform of the Procurator General’s Office. U.S. Vice President Joe Biden spoke publicly about this before and during his December visit to Kyiv.” 

https://www.justsecurity.org/66271/timeline-trump-giuliani-bidens-and-ukrainegate/

And what about this?

Archer testified that the Burisma public relations team in Washington, D.C., told him at the time that the prosecutor was under Burisma’s “control” and that the vice president’s advocating for the prosecutor’s ouster was bad for the company.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/08/republicans-oversell-archers-testimony-about-hunter-and-joe-biden/

It seems that what Burisma actually wanted was to prevent the dismissal of Shokin.

Edited by candide

16 minutes ago, candide said:

December 2015, you cite? That was after The U.S., the EU and the IMF asked for Shokin to be dismissed

Is there a part of interference with a foreign government you have difficulty in understanding.  Trump was impeached just for making the suggestion of an investigation.  Biden is on tape saying he demanded the resignation of Shokin as a condition to get $1 billion is USA aid.  As I said, you have trouble with the thinking part. 

31 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Shokin refused to investigate Burisma.

image.png.d3034a9ffee2bb19023b1c21f364611d.pngNot according the Devon Archer who said Burisma approached Hunter for help to from DC. 

Irrespective does the term INTERFERENCE WITH A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT SOUND FAMILIAR.  They impeached Trump for a non quid pro quo where he merely suggested that Ukraine investigate. 

That is far different than Biden on tape saying he demanded Shokin be fired otherwise he was witholding US loan guarantees.  

That is blatant interferendce and a clear quid pro quo.  

You can argue that Shokin was not a good guy and that may or may not be true however Neither Obama or Biden have any legal right to use U.S. influence to shape the actions of a foreign government.  

https://nypost.com/2023/08/04/viktor-shokin-was-threat-to-burisma-says-hunter-biden-partner-devon-archer/

Edited by Longwood50
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

But you believe everything they say without seeing the evidence.

You obviously do.  I use some common sense try it sometime.  No one hires Hunter Biden to wash his car let alone be on the board of an Oil and Gas company.  

No one gives Hunter Biden $1 billion dollars to invest because of his outstanding character and investment expertise. 

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:
2 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Expand  

Trump was impeached for illegally asking a foreign government to interfere in the 2020 elections.

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2019/12/politics/trump-ukraine-impeachment-inquiry-report-annotated/

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Is there a part of interference with a foreign government you have difficulty in understanding.  Trump was impeached just for making the suggestion of an investigation.  Biden is on tape saying he demanded the resignation of Shokin as a condition to get $1 billion is USA aid.  As I said, you have trouble with the thinking part. 

Ahhh trump was impeached for trying to force a nation to provide non existent proof of a crime against a political rival using allready approved military aid to a nation under threat of war as a cudgel hope that refreshes your memory 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

What makes you think it was just Obama?

I did not say it was.  However irrespective it is wrong to use U.S. influence to coerce a foreign government.  Shokin may have not been a good prosecutor.  Hint  Putin is not a nice man.  It would be improper for the USA to take actions to have power groups in Russia overthrow him.  No different than it is improper for the USA to say, I will 'bribe" you with loan guarantees if you do my bidding.  

The United States was criticized for manipulating the internal affairs of foreign nations, including Ukraine, Guatemala, Chile, Cuba, Colombia, various ...

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

provide non existent proof

Now you are concocting.  Since there was no investigation how do you know there was no proof.  The very fact that Shokin was investigating Burisma and Devon Archer "testified" that Burisma officials went to Hunter and asked for help from DC is more than sufficient evidence to show that Joe Biden's actions were not because he felt Shoking was not doing his job.  It was because Shokin was investigating Burisma and Hunter. 

Out of all the low life characters in Ukraine Joe Biden happens to focus his singular attention on the one person Burisma has asked Hunter for help from DC.