What's your opinion on this? Jordan Peterson on Woke Mentality

FruitPudding

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

screw anyone who says you're not good enough.

This is the manly man he-man conclusion? This is some of the simpiest copium I have ever heard.

Isn't this just Stuart Smalley repackaged (and Stuart Smalley was a joke)? 

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a rich topic. Personally, I despise PC. I think it represents alot of what is wrong with contemporary culture, and especially America today. It is a major form of weakness, when you allow yourself to be easily offended, and take everything personally. Granted, there are things that can be perceived as offensive, but allowing yourself to be offended by tiny little things people say and do is a bit much! But, the people who are offended daily, by things others say, are just weak, and would benefit by growing thicker skin. Life can be rough and caustic at times, and for those of us who have grown thick skin, it is like water off a ducks back. No big deal, at all. Think what you want to think. It just does not mean anything to those with self esteem, and a sense of who and what they are. Granted, these are just my opinions, and some will take offense to them. LOL. 

The notion that political correctness has “gone mad” is familiar to anyone who follows even vaguely any aspect of modern political or cultural life. The phrase, ostensibly referring to language or action that is designed to avoid offence or harm to protected groups, has become a sharp criticism. It is synonymous with a sort of cultural McCarthyism, usually committed by the left.

https://www.economist.com/open-future/2018/09/10/has-political-correctness-gone-too-far

A Rasmussen poll found that 71 percent of Americans think political correctness is a problem today. When is being politically correct more about civility and politeness? When when does it veer into censorship? When is it justified? When is it not justified?

https://www.jacksonville.com/opinion/2016-09-30/has-political-correctness-gone-too-far

University of Connecticut officials sent out a campus-wide email advising its students that the school would provide counseling sessions in response to political commentator and Harvard Law alum Ben Shapiro’s slated speaking event at the university. The ironic part is that the counseling sessions were offered before Shapiro even stepped foot on campus. When I was in law school, Bill Clinton came and spoke. While I wasn't traumatized, I wonder whether the administration would have provided counselors for all the women in attendance.

https://clclt.com/charlotte/pc-culture-10-times-its-gone-too-far/Content?oid=16059883

The term first appeared in the Marxist-Leninist vocabulary following the Russian Revolution (really, a coup) of 1917 to describe strict adherence to policies and principles of the Soviet Union’s Communist Party. “Political correctness” was invented by the communists to camouflage the truth about events and policies in the Soviet Union that had resulted in mass murders, the starvation of millions, and slave labor camps. It was “politically incorrect” to reveal such facts; the “party line” was for all loyal communist party members to promote the same “politically correct truths” about the “good life” under totalitarian government. 

https://www.telegram.com/news/20200114/roberta-schaefer-history-of-political-correctness-and-why-its-gone-way-too-far

Yes. I remember once I referred to someone as being gay. They were very offended. I am not gay. I am non-binary. OK. How would I know that, and how can you be offended, due to me not knowing that? How is that my issue, on any level? I told him, her, who knows, to grow some thicker skin. I am a very open minded person. I have alot of gay friends, and they are all comfortable being called gay. 

There is no question that the woke thing is out of control in the US, in Canada, in Europe and in some other places. Moderate, sensible people are being forced to use terms, and accept the ideologies of far fewer than 1% of the population.

Here, I have not experienced any of that, thankfully. Live and let live. I have no issue with anyone doing what makes them comfortable, or happy. Just do not force me to speak how you want me to speak, and use all of your special terminology. I am not a PC person.

They are not really offended it's merely a political ploy. Most of these folks are paid by shadowy employers.

All this stuff will soon blow over like COVID. Like COVID the political lies could not last and this as well. They will retrench, wait and strike again at civilization. They folks have nothing, especially no stake in the future

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jelli said:

The laugh is not on me for understanding this.

No, the laugh is on you for living in cheapskate paradise where your life could not be more chill and pretending that evil puppets want to ruin your life.

Me? I prefer an evil doll:

• Confused 5

So as I understand it, you are relentlessly scanning the horizon (on my behalf, no less) for danger from:

- bad puppets

-shadowy employees

-"China".

And that now leaves me free to just eff off and do nothing, while you do all this heavy lifting?

Thanks!

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Jelli said:

Always fascinating people that dismiss conspiracy theories as they are often termed.

We saw about a dozen - you're howling at the moon conspiracies related to COVID all prove true

Fact is when humans get together they conspire. When certain groups of people get together they conspire to rule the world.

The laugh is not on me for understanding this. It's rather on you for dismissing it so blithely

When it comes to conspiracy, it is a bit more complicated than it is a complete order controlling everything. Of course something and someone trying, but again, it is a huge chessboard, with to many players to controll everything and everyone involved.

To many make a move at same time, cheat, don't make the expected move, and change ge the rules as it goes. Completely fixed and organized chaos.

Interesting how our free media, speech and behavior back stabbing us through media, heavy Influenced by the right to express yourself.

We need a wake up call against what is really happening towards us, and controlled by surprisingly Tik Tok and other social media who is feeding us with absolutely crap make us more divided than ever. 

You have to agree, if we face another more severe pandemic, it is necessary for all of us to pull in same direction, to save life and also economic? 

I do not say covid was a great example of great leadership, but something could had been learned and made it easier to make better solution for the next one, but here we are, still in the trenches and shooting at each other with just Bull pie.

I really believe human kind is to stupid to survive their own stupidity.

Every great empire grow and create wealth because there are benefits for most in the other end, and that means it is not democratic forced, but greed and strong leadership  behind it, who is willing to make sacrifices on behalf of other people.

Now, everyone have their heads up where the sun never shine!

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Jelli said:

They are not really offended it's merely a political ploy. Most of these folks are paid by shadowy employers.

All this stuff will soon blow over like COVID. Like COVID the political lies could not last and this as well. They will retrench, wait and strike again at civilization. They folks have nothing, especially no stake in the future

I do tend to agree. And they are asking society to cater to a fraction of 1%. Most are not even aware of how extreme the whole thing has become. Alot of these terms are now legal in certain states in the US, for instance:

A/Ace: Abbreviation of “asexual”. Often used to refer to asexual people in a similar manner as “gay” or “straight” are used to refer to homorsexual or heterosexual people.

Ace Spectrum: The grouping of asexual, demi-sexual, and gray-asexual under a single umbrella of related sexual orientation.

AFAB: Abbreviation for “assigned female at birth”.

Agender: A person without gender. An a-gender individual's body does not necessarily correspond with their lack of gender identify. Often, a-gender individuals are not concerned with their physical sex, but some may seek to look androgynous.

Ally: A person who supports and respects sexual diversity, acts accordingly to challenge homophobic and heterosexist remarks and behaviors and is willing to explore and understand these forms of biases within themselves.

AMAB: Abbreviation for “assigned male at birth”

Asexual: Someone who does not experience sexual attraction towards other people, and who identifies as asexual. May or may not experience romantic, emotional or physical attractions to other people.

B

Bear: A gay or bisexual man who has facial/ body hair and a cuddly body.

Bicurious: An individual who identifies as gay or straight while showing curiosity for a relationship or sexual activity with a person of the sex they do not favor. Related terms are heteroflexible, homoflexible.

Bisexual: A person who is emotionally, romantically, sexually, affectionately, or relationally attracted to both men and women, or someone who identifies as a member of the bisexual community.

Butch* : Sometimes used as a derogatory term for lesbians. A person who identifies as masculine, whether physically, mentally, or emotionally.

C

Cisgender: A person whose biological sex matches with their gender identity. Example: A biologically born woman who identifies as a woman

Cissexism: Norms and behaviors that stem from the belief that all people are or should be cisgender. This system of oppression creates the assumption that being cisgender is normal and negates transgender individuals’ lives.

Coming Out: The process of recognizing, accepting, and sharing with themselves or other’s one’s sexual orientation or gender identity.

Cross-dresser* : Individual who dresses the “opposite” gender clothing for a variety of reasons. Sometimes used as a derogatory term and is similar to the word transvestite.

Cub: a young or younger looking version of a bear with a smaller frame.

D

Demi-sexual: A person who does not experience sexual attraction unless that have a strong emotional connection (such as romantic relationship or deep friendship). Demisexuality is an innate orientation.

Dolphin: A slender, athletic, hairless bear.

Down-low: Men who identify as straight but have sex with men on the side without disclosing this to their female partner(s) (if any). Sometimes referred to as “on the DL”.

Drag King: A female bodied individual who dresses in masculine/ male- designated clothing.

Drag Queen: A male bodied individual who dresses in feminine/ female- designated clothing.

Dyke* : Derogatory term used to refer to masculine lesbian. Sometimes adopted affirmatively by lesbians (not necessarily masculine ones)

F

Faggot/ Fag*: Derogatory term referring to someone perceived as non-heteronormative. Sometimes adopted affirmatively by gay men to refer to themselves.

Fluid: A sexual/ gender identity that exists beyond a binary of either straight or gay, man or woman. People with fluid identity may resist using labels or choosing boxes to define themselves used to define themselves.

FTM: An abbreviation for a female-to-male transgender individual.

G

Gay: At times, “gay” is used to refer to all people, regardless of sex, who have their primary sexual and romantic attractions to people of the same sex. The term can also exclusively refer to men who are emotionally, romantically, sexually, affectionately, or relationally attracted to other men or who identify as a member of the gay community. Lesbians, isexuals and transgender individuals may feel excluded by the term “gay”.

Gender Binary: The division of gender separated into two distinct and opposite categories (man and woman). It is recognized as a construct, as there are many identities in-between and outside of these categories.

Gender Expression: An individual’s physical characteristics, behaviors and presentation that are linked traditionally, to either masculinity or femininity, such as: appearance, dress, mannerisms, social interactions, etc.

Gender Identity: How one perceives oneself- as a man, woman or otherwise.

Gender Role: Norms of expected behavior for men and women assigned primarily on the basis of the biological sex; a sociological construct which varies from culture to culture.

H

Hermaphrodite* : An outdated and derogatory term for an intersex person.

Heteronormativity: The assumption, in individuals or in institutions, that everyone is heterosexual, and that heterosexuality is superior to homosexuality and bisexuality

Heterosexism: Norms and behaviors that result from the assumption that all people are or should be htereosexual. The system of oppression assumes that heterosexuality is inherently normal and superior and negates LGBTQ peoples’ lives and relationship.

Heterosexual: A person who is emotionally, romantically, sexually, affectionately, or relationally attracted to members of the opposite sex. Often called a straight person.

Heterosexual Privilege: The benefits and advantages that heterosexuals receive in a heterosexist culture. Also, the benefits that lesbians, gay men and bisexuals receive as a result of claiming their sexual orientation as heterosexual and denying a lesbian, gay, or bisexual identity.

Homophobia: Fear of, hatred, or discomfort with those that love and are sexually attracted to the same as.Homophobic reactions often lead to intolerance, bigotry, and violence against anyone not acting within socio-cultural norms of heterosexuality Most LGBTQ people raised in the same society as heterosexuals, therefore feel shame, guilt, or hatred towards the part of themselves identified as LGBTQ which is called internalized homophobia.

Homosexual*: The clinical term, coined in the field of psychology, for people with a same-sex sexual attraction. The word is often associated with the idea that same-sex attractions are a mental disorder, and is therefore potentially offensive to some people.

I

Intersex: Term used for a variety of medical conditions in which a person is born with chromosomes, genitalia, and/or secondary sexual characteristics that are inconsistent with the typical definition of a male or female body. Intersex individuals are not always aware that they have this condition. Replaces the inaccurate term “hermaphrodite.”

L

Lesbian: A woman who is emotionally, romantically, sexually, affectionately, or relationally attracted to other women, or someone who identifies as a member of the lesbian community. Bisexual women may or may not feel included by this term.

LGBTQ: 1. A common abbreviation for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning community. The acronym is used as an umbrella term when talking about non-heterosexual and noncisgender identities, and does not always reflect members of the community. The acronym may be expanded to LGBTQIA to include intersex individuals, and allies/asexual, or shortened to LGBQ when only discussing sexual orientation. 2. A descriptive adjective (ex. “I am an LGBTQ individual”).

Lifestyle: A word often used outside the LGBTQ community to describe life as an LGBTQ person, e.g. “the homosexual lifestyle.” Many people find this word inappropriate because it trivializes identity, implies that sexual orientation is a choice, and ignores the variety of lifestyles that LGBTQ people live.

Lipstick Lesbian*: Usually refers to a lesbian with a feminine gender expression. Can be used in a positive or a derogatory way, depending on who is using it. Is sometimes also used to refer to a lesbian who is seen as automatically passing for heterosexual.

M

MSM: An abbreviation for men who have sex with men. This term emphasizes the behavior, rather than the identities of the individuals involved.

MTF: An abbreviation for a male-to-female transgender individual. This person most likely uses feminine pronouns.

N

Neutrois: A person who is not normally internally gendered.

O

Outing: When someone discloses information about another’s sexual orientation or gender identity without their knowledge and/or consent.

P

Pansexual: A person who is emotionally, romantically, sexually, affectionately, or relationally attracted to people regardless of their gender identity or biological sex. Use of the term usually signals a repudiation of the concept of binary (two) sexes (a concept sometimes implied by “bisexual”).

Polyamorous: A person who finds themselves romantically, physically, and/or sexually attracted to multiple individuals, and finds that pursuing multiple relationships is the most satisfying course of action in their lives.

Q

Queer*: Term describing people who have a non-normative gender identity, sexual orientation, or sexual anatomy—includes lesbians, gay men, bisexual people, and transgender people and allies. Since the term is sometimes used as a slur, it has a negative connotation for some LGBTQ people; however, others have reclaimed it and are comfortable using it to describe themselves.

Questioning: The process of examining one’s sexual orientation and/or gender identity. Can be used as an adjective.

S

Same-Gender Loving (SGL): A term used by some African-American individuals to describe their sexual orientation, as a result of the perception that “gay” and “lesbian” are primarily white terms. “Same-sex loving” is also in use.

Sex: 1. A biological term dividing a species into male or female, usually on the basis of sex chromosomes (XX = female, XY = male); hormone levels, secondary sex characteristics, and internal and external genitalia may also be considered criteria. 2. Another term for sexual behavior or gratification. Sex is a biological fact or a physical act.

Sexual Orientation: A person’s emotional, physical, and sexual attraction to other people and the expression of that attraction.

Sexuality: The complex range of components which make us sexual beings; includes emotional, physical, and sexual aspects, as well as self-identification (including sexual orientation and gender), behavioral preferences and practices, fantasies, and feelings of affection and emotional affinity.

Shemale*: A derogatory term used to describe transgender/ transsexual, intersex, or gender nonconforming people that refuses to acknowledge the person’s gender.

Stereotype: An oversimplified generalization about a group of people without regard for their individual differences. Some stereotypes can be positive, however, they can have a negative impact, simply because they involve broad generalizations that ignore individual realities.

Stud: An African-American and/or Latina masculine lesbian. Also known as ‘butch,’ ‘aggressive,’ or ‘ag.’

T

Transgender: An umbrella term for those individuals whose gender identity does not match with that assigned for their physical sex. Includes, among others, transmen, transwomen, genderqueer people, crossdressers, and drag queens/kings. In its general sense, it refers to anyone whose behavior or identity falls outside of stereotypical expectations for their gender. Transgender people may identify as straight, gay, bisexual, or some other sexual orientation. Sometimes shortened as trans.

Transphobia: Fear of, hatred of, or discomfort with people who are transgender or otherwise gender non-normative.

Transsexual*: A term sometimes perceived to be outdated or offensive referring to a person whose gender identity consistently differs from what is culturally associated with his/her biological sex at birth. The terms “transman” and “transwoman” are more commonly used.

Transvestite*: A dated term referring to someone who dresses in clothing generally identified with the opposite gender/sex. (For a preferred term see: Cross-dressing)

Two-Spirit: A Native American term for people who blend the masculine and the feminine. It is commonly used to describe individuals who historically crossed gender. It is also often used by contemporary LGBTQ Native American people to describe themselves.

W

WSW: An abbreviation for women who have sex with women. This term emphasizes the behavior, rather than the identities of the individuals involved.

Z

Ze/Hir: A gender-neutral pronoun used by some transgender individuals (Pronounced Zee) in lieu of he or she. The possessive adjective “hir” (pronounced here) usually follows in place of his or her. Some individuals may use other gender-neutral pronouns.

* Words indicated with an asterisk in bold are considered derogatory

-Adapted from Montclair State University Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Transgender , Queen Center

• Sad 1

The reason woke has become political is because one political party in the USA does not want you talking about things like military spending or income inequality, or subsidizing corporate employees with food stamps because they are not paid a living wage or tax policy that benefits the wealthiest in the country.  Etc. Etc. Etc.  It's a problem created as a distraction. Yeah there are some people that are extreme. Just let it be. 

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you didn't wake up. Otherwise you would know (about) him. 

He's obviously got you in! Do you need direction? Does he know about vented kitchen sink waste? ????

Edited by 2baht
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jelli said:

Go look at China. That's your reality very shortly + digital currency

Sociologist always believe “this time we’ll get it right” and it always fails. The congregation of assemblation mindset believes and fall for the decimation of the bs propaganda that the government will faithfully protect and take care of them, cradle to grave while all the while they squander the economy and pillage the citizens to poverty, Argentina, Venezuela, Cuba, China…on and on…

Woke mentally is victimhood, needs babysitting by the government and is dependent on being spoon fed by their leaders in the media.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

In my POV, there's nothing wrong with being "woke" but being too woke is dangerous. There's a big difference in calling out the legit bad things you see and just calling everything bad regardless. The latter are the ones who raise the "card" in every chance they get without critical thinking. ????????‍♀️

53 minutes ago, Hummin said:

We need a wake up call

Now, everyone have their heads up where the sun never shine!

This wake up call-thing?

Has it ever even remotely played out, like say ever, in the history of recorded civilization anyone saying, "wow, thanks for that wake up call"?

Or "whatever your wake up call-thing is, I'm going to get right on it"? 

Is a "wake up call" any better than its retard cousin, "creating awareness"?

Isn't the wake up call more of a little testosterone bump for the wake up call-caller than anything useful to the wholly disinterested wake up call-ee?

Edited by LaosLover
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

this is tough if you don't meet the 666 requirements that 90 % of modern women (weather realistic or not) demand now a days.

I recall watching several interviews with "modern women" asking what they demand in a man.  The criteria they came up with put their minimally acceptable man in the top 1 or 2% in terms of earning capacity and height.

And although these women were cute, they were not in the top 1% by looks or how they came across in their interviews for personality.  Some of them not even in the top half...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

this is tough if you don't meet the 666 requirements that 90 % of modern women (weather realistic or not) demand now a days.

It was alway brutal trying to get laid by good looking women.

There was a golden window of '73-76 where feminism and promiscuity intersected, but idiots like me killed the golden goose.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, stoner said:

speak for yourself ????

Gotta be an age gap thing.

Great-looking women who are hot in bed and into you, might happen 4 times at the high end of most male experience.

Most guys are lucky to even be with 10 women in their life. And that includes handies. From fatties.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1