PM tells police of stationary car to turn engine off

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has been praised after he told a police who parked his police car with engine on to turn it off during his official visit in Chiang Mai province on Saturday.

The incident happened when Srettha was visiting Mae Kuang Udom Thara dam in Chiang Mai.

The incident came to light after an X user posted a video clip, showing Srettha was walking by a police car whose engine was running when he stopped and told a police sitting inside to turn off the engine.

The twitter user who posed the clip wrote, “PM Srettha scolds the police sitting in the car to do his duties.” Srettha, using his X account, later answered, “No krub, I did not scold him, I just told him to turn off the engine.”

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Now why would use or buy a black  car in Thailand,. 

• Confused 2

On 9/18/2023 at 8:22 AM, Moti24 said:

Standard practice here, to leave the engine running; I have 1 neighbour in particular that leaves the engine running for 2-3 hours at a time.

About 2 years ago, I went to the local Homepro Store, and walked past a car with the engine running.  Inside the car, was a kid of about 4-5 years old, climbing all over the seats.  It was evident at the time that he was alone in the car; the parents, or whoever the irresponsible half-wit was, had obviously left the air-con on for the kid whilst shopping.  "Land of Stupidity"!  Nothing surprises me here anymore. 

Big problem with keeping a car running whilst stationary for a long time is that exhaust gases can leak into the cabin there have been cases of people getting carbon monoxide poisoning in the UK and it is recommended that motorists switch off the engine off if stuck in a traffic jam especially in cold weather when the car heater is on