Thai woman dies after breast augmentation surgery with illegal doctor

snoop1130

philippe-spitalier-Bo-I5lZ6w1Q-unsplash-1536x1026.jpg

The president of the Forensic Physicians Association of Thailand yesterday warned the public of illegal breast augmentation surgery, which recently led to the death of a Thai woman.

The doctor, Smith Fa Srisont, took to Facebook yesterday, September 18, to share the story of a Thai woman who underwent breast augmentation surgery with a fake doctor and suffered tragic consequences.

Smith revealed that he was pretty sure that the operation was performed by an illegal doctor because the doctor’s name was not on the Medical Council of Thailand’s system.

According to Smith, the illegal doctor told the deceased that collagen could be injected into her breasts to increase their size. After the injection, the victim became fatigued and had to be admitted to hospital. Her condition deteriorated, eventually leading to her death.

Smith explained that the autopsy report showed that the woman died because silicone had entered her blood vessels, causing blockages to her vessels, lungs and brain. The illegal doctor injected silicone into her body instead of collagen.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo by philippe spitalier via Unsplash

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love It 1

30 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Wow, very very sad.   I personally dislike these breast enhancements so much I don't understand why so many women get them and men like them. Add, several guys I know who have paid the bill.

So fake feeling and unnatural looking seems a shame to resort to this surgery.  Smallish natural breasts are so much more attractive I think.

Exactly. It isn't how big but how sensitive to touch. The bigger, the less sensitive. Big boobs are for boys. A man takes a woman as she is and doesn't feel the need to change her. Studies have been made where it found out the poorer the man, the bigger propensity for big boobs. Many men have mommy issues, which relates to the breast. The giver of life. Less than 50% of men like bigger boobs. These and many more reasons psychological.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Why do these things keep happening here? Answer: because the authorities (police, public health, consumer protection) do little to nothing to prevent these kinds of illegal clinic operations.

Examples of why:

--the fake doctor here is not named.

--there's no mention of any criminal charges pending

--there's no mention of what clinic was involved, where, etc etc.

It's a crime against women. And police here in Thailand have never been particularly concerned with that category of crimes. They've got bigger fish to fry.

Agree, unfortunately the argument /discussion will not address the story - the post will just develop into a back and forth discussion about big or small boobs. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As long as doctors are treated semi-divine (together with teachers and government officers), you will always have the imposters pretending to be more than they are as even those "who are" sometimes do not admit, not having the slightest clue of what they are doing. 

Well, not one but two certified doctors working part-time at two independent private top hospitals at the Eastern seaboard attested a cataract in my eye. Replacement of the lens was quoted with THB 550'000 (multi-focal) and, getting a second opinion, THB 70'000 (mono-focal). 
Unhappy with the situation I went for a third opinion to see Rutnin Eye Hospital in Bangkok whose expert attested AMG (macula degeneration) with is a retina issue and had absolutely nothing to do with a lens-related problem. 
Without the third opinion I would have fantastic sight except that I would suffer from an irrevocable tunnel blindness, i.e. the focal point of my view would be ........ black and could no longer watch a movie, lest driving a car or anything else where a fairly good eyesight is necessary.