Rishi Sunak considers weakening key green policies

Social Media

Just now, vinny41 said:

You mean he wasn't aware of the 2019 Labour manifesto It must have been an interesting campaign in his Constituency when Labour presented the 2019 manifesto, next you will be telling us that he said nothing to do with me guv I didn't write any of the policy commitments 

Oh dear.

So you don’t understand that Manifestos are only applicable to the election fir which they are formulated and published.

I really do see the merits of introducing Civics in UK schools.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Yes I know but his heritage is very short and does not really comprehend the British culture

He was born in the UK. 

His parents (Indian Heritage) moved to the UK from Kenya in 1960.

What is 'British' culture exactly, and how can a person who was born in the UK and lived all his life there comprehend 'British Culture' any less so than any one else born in the UK ??

Your comment seems a bit racist to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

What is 'British' culture exactly, and how can a person who was born in the UK and lived all his life there comprehend 'British Culture' any less so than any one else born in the UK ??

Your comment seems a bit racist to be honest.

Is it racist, or is it classist?

I don't know about British culture, but it's quite possible for a white guy to be born rich in Texas and never get "Texas Culture".  Which includes sweating your balls off working in the heat, scrounging quarters for a tank of gas, drinking warm $1 pitchers in a honky tonk, and tipping cows.  Among other rites of passage that rich people just don't get to experience.

Kinda like the lady in Urban Cowboy.  I'd hope the UK has a similar movie, like maybe Harry Brown?  I just can't see Sunak being buds with Michael Caine's character.

Edited by impulse

I think what's going on at the conference is going go be too much for Sunak. I don't see him having any choice but to call a general election. Unless he really believes he can hold his nerve and hang it out and get his India deal sorted before facing a no-confidence vote, he may as well save face and go out on his own terms.

(bold font nothing to do with me)

Edited by JayClay