tap water

blackshadow

Personally  only use water from the large 19L bottles, which is filtered. My tap water comes from an above ground tank and always consider critters can get in there and drown then rot.. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Personally  only use water from the large 19L bottles, which is filtered. My tap water comes from an above ground tank and always consider critters can get in there and drown then rot.. 

Are the filters definitely good quality? i know they're meant to be but you know

I have been only using water from tap since 2015 when I installed a 1000 baht filtration system into the pipe that goes to that tap. Almost only use for coffee, tea, cooking, and ice though, don't drink water normally. 

No symptoms yet. Filter esp the first one gets clogged in couple of years though,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Personally  only use water from the large 19L bottles, which is filtered.

Costs 12 Baht here and nothing but this used for cooking, coffee/tea etc.

Never would I try tap water wherever it is.

In Khon Kaen city it is highly chlorinated. Nice smell.

Don't know about Pattaya for sure.

For drinking: never.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Mintyy said:

Water can contain other contaminants such as microplastics, pesticides, fertilisers, industrial chemicals, hormones, medications, heavy metals and neurotoxic microorganisms which are not removed through boiling water.

Most 'town' water is reverse osmosis treated before, unless well, or rain water.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mintyy said:

Water can contain other contaminants such as microplastics, pesticides, fertilisers, industrial chemicals, hormones, medications, heavy metals and neurotoxic microorganisms which are not removed through boiling water.

Or reverse osmosis or carbon filters or...????

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

People get very animated about water quality but still stuff all sorts of junk fatty food down which will inevitably be the cause of death

True, but it's slow motion suicide, whereas drinking bad water will hit you immediately. It's always best to use the large water jugs which are filtered water and cheap insurance. Water has taken many people down in many countries.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:
18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

People get very animated about water quality but still stuff all sorts of junk fatty food down which will inevitably be the cause of death

True, but it's slow motion suicide, whereas drinking bad water will hit you immediately.

Nonsense. Drinking tap water will not kill anyone "immediately" as suicide does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why the scaremongering?  Has tap water ever been reported to have "taken anyone down" (that means "killed") in Thailand?

Taken one down can also mean getting the sh*ts, as many can testify if they visited Mexico and didn't heed the warnings. I never said killed. And slow motion suicide is what millions do when they don't follow a healthy lifestyle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

True, but it's slow motion suicide, whereas drinking bad water will hit you immediately. It's always best to use the large water jugs which are filtered water and cheap insurance. Water has taken many people down in many countries.

their argument is tap water contains heavy metals so possible long term effect, they think that whilst stuffing down a cake

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

In Khon Kaen city it is highly chlorinated. Nice smell.

Same as mine in CM...can smell it and i washed off some noodles i boiled with it...i could taste it

So just use the big jugs i get from Polestar..20 bt and lasts me a week.....

I once drank tap water in Laos.....never again..learned a life lesson that day   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

anyone free to help me get the dead body out of mine???    we'll keep this between us....

You're always going have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently, the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together, when you got your six pieces, you got to get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now, is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sieving through pig <deleted>, now, do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression: "as greedy as a pig".
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:
 You're always going have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently, the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together, when you got your six pieces, you got to get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now, is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sieving through pig <deleted>, now, do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression: "as greedy as a pig".

(reaches for reading glasses)   ????     meet me in the alley at midnight...come alone...wear gloves

do the pigs prefer red or green curry...massaman?  hinlay?

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

(reaches for reading glasses)   ????     meet me in the alley at midnight...come alone...wear gloves

do the pigs prefer red or green curry...massaman?  hinlay?

Shall I bring a Cleaver, I have a good one from when I was a Butcher? Pigs will be happy no matter what the flavour is ????