tap water

blackshadow

Besides being  more expensive bottled water only contributes to the single use plastic issue that is currently plaguing environments around the planet... yet the majority of "evironmentalists" still drink it.  They will argue forever about climate change and evs and the other harmful things going on as they go out and buy bottled water... 55555

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/20/2023 at 12:46 PM, Mintyy said:

Water can contain other contaminants such as microplastics, pesticides, fertilisers, industrial chemicals, hormones, medications, heavy metals and neurotoxic microorganisms which are not removed through boiling water.

That's true... nor are they removed in bottled water. Imho if you want to be sure, you need to use your own multi-staged filtration system that includes reverse osmosis.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Funny, today I ask 'chat-gpt' online, and I've got the same answer.

Maybe I have to finish this habit.

• Like 2

We not even use it to brush the teeth.

My wife buys quite some big canisters (Singha) to prepare soups etc. But this is then cooked in the process.

For everything else: Only mineral water. Not even the filtered variety. Tastes awful. There are about 5 sources in Thailand as far as know, like Mont Fleur, Purra etc.

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

YES!!, I have found the solution, after sleeping last night.

From now on I will use my empty Hong Tong bottles, no contaminating anymore, at most a little residual whisky.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Living in a Jomtien condo.  We have 2 water machines.  I was getting diarrhea. Started putting 2 drops of bleach in each 1.5L bottle before refill.  Fixed me right up.  If the service guy doesn't clean the lines well, bacteria builds up in the lines.  Works for me.  I cook with tap water when I boil noodles & such.  Getting younger every day.

14 minutes ago, Joebuzzz said:

You realize that's an advertisement for Alva Water Purifiers?  Read it.  It lies. It states that UV light removes dirt. 

It states that water filters utilizing UV ray technology, will remove dirt, bacteria, viruses and chemicals, meaning the filter itself removes some, while UV helps with others.The UV doesn't remove sediment, the filter does. And boiling does not remove everything, just the bacteria, viruses and parasites.

21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It states that water filters utilizing UV ray technology, will remove dirt, bacteria, viruses and chemicals, meaning the filter itself removes some, while UV helps with others.The UV doesn't remove sediment, the filter does. And boiling does not remove everything, just the bacteria, viruses and parasites.

From their website ...

What kind of solution can be applied to replace boiled water? One of them is by using high-tech filter technology. For example, water filters utilizing UV ray technology, which can remove dirt, bacteria, viruses, and chemicals to produce fresh, safely drinkable water.

Read it again ....

For example, water filters utilizing UV ray technology, which can remove dirt, bacteria, viruses,

3 minutes ago, Joebuzzz said:

From their website ...

What kind of solution can be applied to replace boiled water? One of them is by using high-tech filter technology. For example, water filters utilizing UV ray technology, which can remove dirt, bacteria, viruses, and chemicals to produce fresh, safely drinkable water.

Read it again ....

For example, water filters utilizing UV ray technology, which can remove dirt, bacteria, viruses,

Yes, read it again. Water FILTERS utilizing UV ray technology, which can remove dirt, bacteria, viruses. Again, the FILTER removes the dirt, among other things, the UV removes other things. Not hard to understand  everything designed into the filter  removes everything, or mostly everything. I used them in my house before. Water was very clean of all contaminants.

On 9/28/2023 at 8:36 AM, fredwiggy said:

Yes, read it again. Water FILTERS utilizing UV ray technology, which can remove dirt, bacteria, viruses. Again, the FILTER removes the dirt, among other things, the UV removes other things. Not hard to understand  everything designed into the filter  removes everything, or mostly everything. I used them in my house before. Water was very clean of all contaminants.

Okay, you win.  Water filters without UV don't kill pathogens.  UV without filters don't remove chemicals and solids.