Most comfortable Flight BKK-NYC

THAIPHUKET

11 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

Business Class

Airline?

I'm in wheelchair.

Considerate serving a must

obliged!

Longer journey's but I would recommend heading west with either Emirates if you can get A380s or Qatar if you can get QSuites.  Qatar are notorious for aircraft changes so keep an eye on it if you go with them.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 12:42 AM, treetops said:

Longer journey's but I would recommend heading west with either Emirates if you can get A380s or Qatar if you can get QSuites.  Qatar are notorious for aircraft changes so keep an eye on it if you go with them.

Yes go Emirates west don't fly east the jetlag is horrific 

• Confused 2

I'd suggest Qatar, Emirates or Etihad. I've flown business class on all three and they are all superb. With them you can get to New York with just one stop, which would seem very important for someone in a wheelchair. Stopover (some can be lenghty), departure and arrival times would be another consideration. No matter how you go, the 12 hour time zone difference can be a killer. 

The other option would be Singapore Airlines non-stop Singapore to New York flight, if you don't mind being on the same plane for so many hours. . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Treetops, that's been my way..

You confirm my past decisions.

What for you the deciding issue?

As to airline Qatar that was staple diet so to speak, Emirates only once, years ago. Seats were too narrow in the shoulder and I'm certainly not large.

Any observation about handicaps? I do not expect you to even notice!

On 9/23/2023 at 2:04 AM, THAIPHUKET said:

Treetops, that's been my way..

You confirm my past decisions.

What for you the deciding issue?

Price is always up there, but convenience for me too.

My local airport is no longer served by Emirates so it's an extra complication getting to/from their starting point.  You mention NYC so there's a choice of airports but EK and QR both only fly in to JFK, so both equal there (Emirates fly to Newark but it would mean an extra stop in Athens).

No stopovers longer than 3 hours for me.

On board Qatar are probably better (dine on demand for example) but Emirates are much more proactive and helpful if things go wrong.  Qatar are also renowned for changing planes so what you book might not be what you get.

It all boils down to personal preferences but when all other things are equal I prefer Emirates.

1 hour ago, THAIPHUKET said:

So you take off where flying Emirates via?

Stop and change plane in Dubai DXB (United Arab Emirates).

If I got your question right.

There is a flight departing 21:25 (9:25 PM), arriving 8:50 AM next day (New York 11 hours after Bangkok time).

Stopover duration 2 hours. Total time 22h 25min.

BKK to DXB flight time 6:25 hours (Boeing 777).

DXB to JFK 14 hours! (Airbus A380).

Other flight departs at 3:30 AM. Would kill me to hang around most of the night waiting for departure.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, THAIPHUKET said:

So you take off where flying Emirates via?

Via Dubai as mentioned by KhunBENQ, but my origin is in the UK.  They haven't yet returned to Edinburgh since Covid so I would have to travel to/from Glasgow.  Not a great hardship but a bit of a pain.

Pre-Covid I would often fly out of GLA purely to use their lounge there, and back to EDI for the convenience, but I'm sure  many would not.  It's all down to personal preferences.