Russell Brand and why the allegations took so long to surface

Social Media

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It would appear that you are unable to refute any of the points I made.

Refute that you dismissed his exposing himself to a lone female? What is it that you want me to refute? I say that is a sex offence and therefore he is a sex offender. I say that you condone that behaviour of a sex offender by trying to dismiss it as something “that happens in pubs and clubs all over the country on a Saturday night” whilst conveniently ignoring that it didn’t even happen in a pub or a club but twenty five minutes before he was interviewing a guest. 
So overall your assertions are the height of banal ignorance. That’s what I say. What say you? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yes its allegations from ex girlfriends from years ago as far as I know. Did he rape the receptionist? I think he just got his nob out. Stupid, but it happens in pubs and clubs all over the country on a saturday night. He also stripped off at Nelson's column if I recall correctly. He is a complete idiot. 

I dont think anyone is accusing him of raping strangers at knife point in dark alleys though...

So save your pointless virtue signalling until you have established the facts.

Guys (or girls) getting their knob out really doesn't happen regularly in pubs and clubs all over the Country on a Saturday night . 

Getting you knob out is indecent exposure , but he got his knob out and threatened to rape a woman with it 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 9/29/2023 at 10:05 AM, BritManToo said:

Off topic,

50% of western divorces now have accusations of spousal rape/child abuse attached.

Either 50% of married men are absolutely evil, or there's a hell of a lot of female liars out there.

Well, in this day and age virtually anything could be construed as child abuse! 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Guys (or girls) getting their knob out really doesn't happen regularly in pubs and clubs all over the Country on a Saturday night . 

Getting you knob out is indecent exposure , but he got his knob out and threatened to rape a woman with it 

Sex in the club/pub toilets has been common in the UK since the 1990s.

As has women using the mens toilets cubicles while guys are using the urinals.

Guess you didn't get out much.

• Like 1

why the allegations took so long to surface

Not exactly rocket science...

Boy Scouts

Catholic Church

Tuskegee Study

Forced Sterilization and Eugenics of Native Americans

Trump/Ms. Carroll

Danny Masterson

Harvey Weinstein

Roger Ailes

Bill O'Reilly

Bill Cosby

R. Kelly

I could go on for pages.

It takes time for atrocities to be revealed.

Famous people and organizations have all the power, their victims have none. It takes a while for their to be balance.

I think Mr. Brand apologized, by text, to at least one of his victims after he raped her.

"I'm sorry. That was crazy and selfish," he penned, according to text messages from Brand's number, verified by The Times. He reportedly continued: "I hope you can forgive me, I know that you're a lovely person.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

why the allegations took so long to surface

Not exactly rocket science...

Boy Scouts

Catholic Church

Tuskegee Study

Forced Sterilization and Eugenics of Native Americans

Trump/Ms. Carroll

Danny Masterson

Harvey Weinstein

Roger Ailes

Bill O'Reilly

Bill Cosby

R. Kelly

I could go on for pages.

It takes time for atrocities to be revealed.

Famous people and organizations have all the power, their victims have none. It takes a while for their to be balance.

I think Mr. Brand apologized, by text, to at least one of his victims after he raped her.

"I'm sorry. That was crazy and selfish," he penned, according to text messages from Brand's number, verified by The Times. He reportedly continued: "I hope you can forgive me, I know that you're a lovely person.

I don't see the word rape in there. How do you know he wasn't referring to something else?

15 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Just as well it's not indecent exposure in Thailand as they have female cleaners in men's toilets while men are using the urinal.

Strange world we live in when people's bits are regarded as being obscene when we all have them.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't see the word rape in there. How do you know he wasn't referring to something else?

You are correct.

Alleged rape.

More texts from Brand to the young woman he allegedly raped...

"I pry myself on being safe and trying to make the right decisions. Obviously this was a bad one. I'm so disappointed." Per the messages, Russell appeared to reply: "You don’t need to get tested. I will make this up to you somehow with live [sic] and kindness.

"Not my original idea which was more sex. You’ve been lovely to me and I’m embarrassed by my behaviour. Sorry. X." The outlet reports Brand's US phone number was "verified by multiple sources" in their joint investigation with Dispatches.

Yes, he could have been referring to "something else".

17 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could you post the link where Brand is quoted as saying " I'm going to rape you with this".

I've not see anywhere where he said that. If he did, it's clearly something the police would be interested in. I'm surprised they haven't seen it and arrested him already.

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Could you post the link where Brand is quoted as saying " I'm going to rape you with this".

I've not see anywhere where he said that. If he did, it's clearly something the police would be interested in. I'm surprised they haven't seen it and arrested him already.

He said that he was going to "F*** her" with his knob , she hadn't consented to sex with him, sex without consent is rape

(The rape word was mine,  rather than his)

• Sad 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

He said that he was going to "F*** her" with his knob , she hadn't consented to sex with him, sex without consent is rape

(The rape word was mine,  rather than his)

OK. So he asked for sex.

I don't recall that being the same as rape. She didn't consent. They didn't have sex.

Good to clear that up.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sex in the club/pub toilets has been common in the UK since the 1990s.

As has women using the mens toilets cubicles while guys are using the urinals.

Guess you didn't get out much.

What has what goes on in ‘pubs and clubs’ got to do with his indecent exposure to a receptionist in a building in which the BBC office resided?

Have you list any sense of decency? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

OK. So he asked for sex.

I don't recall that being the same as rape. She didn't consent. They didn't have sex.

Good to clear that up.

Saying that you are going to do something isn't asking whether you can do it or not .

He did not ask for sex , he got his knob out and said that he was going to do it .

Nothing further happened because he got interrupted by someone banging on the door 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

OK. So he asked for sex.

Good to clear that up.

This is just one instance. Does it have to be rape for it to be a sex offence? What kind of low lives do we have inhabiting this board, that they cannot accept that exposing himself to a receptionist because she chided him for ringing the bell in a silly way is acceptable behaviour? 
The rape allegation is an altogether different accusation that isn’t being referenced here, because it is just that, an allegation. But the indecent exposure is a fait accompli. That intimidating behaviour at a place of work(BBC offices) is clearly a sex offence and anyone attempting to deflect away from this is clearly of very poor character. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Happened all the time in Stringfellows.

You think Stringfellows can be used as a reference?

That was the lowest of the low. Prostitution. Gold diggers, footballers…. 
It was just a front. 

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Saying that you are going to do something isn't asking whether you can do it or not .

He did not ask for sex , he got his knob out and said that he was going to do it .

Nothing further happened because he got interrupted by someone banging on the door 

So he didn't threaten rape?

You made that bit up.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NextG said:

This is just one instance. Does it have to be rape for it to be a sex offence? What kind of low lives do we have inhabiting this board, that they cannot accept that exposing himself to a receptionist because she chided him for ringing the bell in a silly way is acceptable behaviour? 
The rape allegation is an altogether different accusation that isn’t being referenced here, because it is just that, an allegation. But the indecent exposure is a fait accompli. That intimidating behaviour at a place of work(BBC offices) is clearly a sex offence and anyone attempting to deflect away from this is clearly of very poor character. 

The post to which I replied said he threatened rape. I simply asked for clarification of that.

The accusation now appears to be withdrawn. 

That was the only incident in our discussion so no deflection, other than from the truth, by said poster, in what Brand actually, allegedly, said.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thumbs Up 1