Dr. Thira Analyzes the COVID-19 Situation in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That is a likelihood that major health authorities have characterized as "very rare" out of the 5+ billion people who have received COVID vaccines.... And far less risk of side effects than the risks posed by COVID itself.

It is interesting you say this when you say if only a few die from covid they are still people. How many have been injured or died, albeit a small %, from MRnA vaccines? It was very rare to die from covid % wise per global population when it was Delta. Now with Omicron even rarer. The cost benefit analysis of being vaccinated against being unvaccinated is most certainly up for debate. The risks of dying from Omicron is .... well just look at global deaths. Not sure how many zeros would go after 0.000.....before the 1. Something like 0.0000000001%.  I'm thinking many, many more zeros. Don't know but what I know is for a person that is not at risk the chances of dying from Omicron are absolutely miniscule. 

Sep 15, 205 deaths in a global population of 8,000,000,000.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Thailand two in one week and we're not told if this is from or with covid and no mention of comorbidities. You can't deny these facts. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Except for, among other things, the more than 33,000 Thais who have been hospitalized because of COVID thus far this year, and the 800+ who have died because of it, all during 2023.

Sorry, but that does not really mean anything, scientifically, since there are an average of 31,000 people who die here each year from influenza. And 600,000 that die here annually, as a total. How many of those 800 would have died anyway? How many were over 80? How many had significant pre-existing conditions?

The zombie apocalypse is behind us. It is endemic now. And each subsequent variation is getting weaker, and less fatal. Can we move on now?

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

Edited by spidermike007

19 hours ago, transam said:

"Your immune system is strong", so you're special, safe from all the zillion nasty's out there...............????

But, your immune system can't be that strong, because I haven't had any variety of Covid........????

Your silly words mean nothing to me. Less than zero. Like being called a name by a 13 year old. My system was strong enough to fight it off, with little problem, and quickly. That is all I care about. There are billions of bacteria and virus floating around. I have little to no concern about any of them. I live my life, do my thing, and when the grim reaper is ready for me, so be it.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Death attribution, especially during COVID, has been a very imprecise science, with official COVID deaths widely considered to be substantial undercounts.

As for the flu:

COVID Omicron carries 4 times the risk of death as flu, new data show

August 26, 2023

"The risk of death from SARS-CoV-2 Omicron infection was four times higher than that from influenza in late 2022 and early 2023 in France, a Harvard Medical School researcher reports today in Epidemiology & Infection.

"For many deaths associated with influenza and Omicron infections, those viruses are not detected, or listed as a contributing cause of death," he wrote.

Omicron infections weren't recorded as a contributing cause for many deaths attributed to cardiac disease, mental disorders, and other underlying causes."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Death attribution, especially during COVID, has been a very imprecise science, with official COVID deaths widely considered to be substantial undercounts.

As for the flu:

COVID Omicron carries 4 times the risk of death as flu, new data show

August 26, 2023

"The risk of death from SARS-CoV-2 Omicron infection was four times higher than that from influenza in late 2022 and early 2023 in France, a Harvard Medical School researcher reports today in Epidemiology & Infection.

"For many deaths associated with influenza and Omicron infections, those viruses are not detected, or listed as a contributing cause of death," he wrote.

Omicron infections weren't recorded as a contributing cause for many deaths attributed to cardiac disease, mental disorders, and other underlying causes."

We all agree Omi was more contagious. But, it was a nothing burger for most of us. And a relief to have a less fatal variant.

Edited by Rimmer