Applying for E-VISA and planning to stay for 85 days.

Hello, 

My mom (US citizen) is coming over to visit towards the end of November. She's getting older, so this may be her last trip to Thailand and would like to stay about 85 days. She plans on getting the 60 day tourist EVISA and then extending it for an additional 30 days. When applying for her tourist visa, will there be any issues if here return flight is 85 days from the date she arrives? 

My gut tells me it would be implied that she'll get the 30 day extension, hence why her return flight is beyond the initial 60 days, but this is Thailand and I'm never surprised at what could happen. 

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

When she departs USA the airline will not require onward flight.

Arriving at Thailand immigration will not be interested in any departure.

The 30 extension with have zero issues.

Obtain  TM30 for her as immigration may require that to process her extension. 

The OP's question wasn't about onward flights, it was about whether there would be any issues when applying for a tourist visa when the return date is 85 days after arriving in the country.

• Thumbs Up 1

I also want to stay about 85 days but was told the return flight must be less than 60 days 

Changing flights is EXPENSIVE these days and I was told by the NY consulate they would not issue an e-visa for 60 days if my return flight was longer than 60 days... 

My inclination is to book my 86 day flight and do a visa on arrival allowing one 30 day extension and then doing a trip outside Thailand and do a second 30 day ... What a pain! 

3 hours ago, twestheimer said:

Changing flights is EXPENSIVE these days and I was told by the NY consulate they would not issue an e-visa for 60 days if my return flight was longer than 60 days..

You could consider a "throw away flight'' for your eVisa application 

24 minutes ago, twestheimer said:

what do you mean?

For any visa application or entry visa exempt where onward flight is required one option is to actually purchase a flight (cheapest) and not actually use it.

Just chuck it. 

Flights eg Bangkok to Saigon approx 1500b

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

For any visa application or entry visa exempt where onward flight is required one option is to actually purchase a flight (cheapest) and not actually use it.

Just chuck it. 

Flights eg Bangkok to Saigon approx 1500b

that's nice for a cheap flight but we are flying from BOSTON ! :wacko:

7 minutes ago, twestheimer said:

that's nice for a cheap flight but we are flying from BOSTON ! :wacko:

Not sure understand what BOSTON has to do with things.

The flight for visa application or flying visa exempt does NOT need to be return flight.

Any ONWARD flight is fine..

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 4:37 AM, twestheimer said:

I also want to stay about 85 days but was told the return flight must be less than 60 days 

Changing flights is EXPENSIVE these days and I was told by the NY consulate they would not issue an e-visa for 60 days if my return flight was longer than 60 days... 

My inclination is to book my 86 day flight and do a visa on arrival allowing one 30 day extension and then doing a trip outside Thailand and do a second 30 day ... What a pain! 

When you leave for Thailand with a VISA there is no need for an onward flight,  

Such onward flight ticket reservation is ONLY required when entering Thailand VisaExempt (without a Visa) and the flight-reservation has to be for an outbound flight on a date prior to the 30 days Permission to stay you will receive on entry from Thai border-immigration.

Note that you can buy a fully legit out-bound flight reservation online for 10-15 US $ at onwardticket.com or similar sites.  That actual reservation stays valid for 2-3 days after which it is automatically cancelled, so you need to buy it the evening before or morning of the date your flight to Thailand is scheduled.