Australian passport holder do I need a visa for Thailand if I travel to Thailand for 21days then go to Singapore for a couple of days before travelling to Thailand for a further 21days

hello All

Just a bit confused about if a visa is required for an Australian passport holder who will travel to Thailand for 3 weeks before travelling to Singapore for a couple of days and then returning to Thailand for a further 21 days. is the 30 visa free entry to Thailand still okay if I have 2 trips to Thailand that is split by a couple of days in Singapore?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pjay said:

yes so what can you answer the question or not?

You can enter Thailand visa exempt being Oz and be given 30 day permission of stay.

Prior to expiry you can obtain a 30 day extension. 

1900baht.

Many prefer that over exit reenter as per your trip to Singapore.

That also works. 

Given your very naive OP and first post ....just appreciate replies. 

If flying Jetstar (or other low cost) from Oz flying visa exempt I suggest that you look at threads re airline requirement for onward flight flying visa exempt.

Must be your first trip. 

Edited by DrJack54

You can simply fly to Thailand without a Visa and will on entry receive a Permission to stay for 30 days.  No problem, as you will be leaving for Singapore before the end of that Permission to stay.  For your return to Thailand from Singapore you will also not need a Visa as you will be stamped in again for a Permission to stay for 30 days. 

Note that you should buy the flight-ticket to Singapore prior to your trip to Thailand as the airline will want to see that outward bound ticket to Singapore, when checking in on your flight to Thailand.  Thailand requires people entering VisaExempt (without a Visa) to have an outward-bound ticket prior to the expiry of the 30-day Permission to stay you will receive on entry, and it are the airlines flying you into Thailand that will check whether you meet that condition. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pjay said:

I suspected that I could return to Thailand without a visa but I could not find a definitive answer

So what's the point of the Singapore trip for a couple of days? 

Perhaps you just wanna go there.

Much better option is visa exempt entry 30 days + 30 day extension at immigration office.

Simple application..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Much better option is visa exempt entry 30 days + 30 day extension at immigration office.

Simple application..

That's indeed a better option when the OP wants to stay almost 2 months in Thailand without having planned any trips abroad half-way.

But in that case he would have to buy before his departure to Thailand an outbound ticket or outbound flight reservation on a date prior to expiry of the 30-day Permission to stay he would receive on entering Thailand. Note that fully legit outbound ticket reservations can be bought on-line for 12-15 US $ (e.g onwardticket.com).

DrJack's point is that if you are ONLY flying to Singapore because of the 30-day Permission to stay expiry date, that it would be far easier to simply apply in Thailand for a 30-day extension of stay, which can be done at any Thai Immigration Office (1.900,- THB). The extension is provided on the spot and the 30 days of the extension added to your earlier Permission to stay expiry date.

But obviously if you have plans to visit Singapore, such 30-day extension is not necessary as you will receive another 30 day Permission to stay when re-entering Thailand from Singapore.

10 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

That's indeed a better option when the OP wants to stay almost 2 months in Thailand without having planned any trips abroad half-way.

Despite OP, claiming to be experienced traveller , seems the opposite to me.

He is flying from Oz.

Depending on departure airport Jetstar have flights to Singapore.

Then onwards to BKK.

If desire to visit Singapore that would be better option.

The onward flight is minor issue.

OP, asked if Oz visa exempt for Thailand.

Basic Google search spits out the following ....

Australian passport holders are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 30 days on each visit. 

Note: Highlights and caps not mine