Phuket tops list as World’s Most Overcrowded tourist destination

webfact

Went there on my honeymoon and if it was any other time, it would have been blase. When you look out from Patong's beach towards the Andaman Sea, it looks nice, especially if you're a romantic like myself that loves the oceans wonders, and fisherman who dreams of the huge fish one can catch out there. But when you turn around, all you see are hotels ganged up next to each other, and thousands of people all lumped together. I did have a good time going to a pay and fish and caught some huge catfish and carp, and the food was okay, but would never go again. I have only been to one island, Koh Chang, and that has appeal, along with other islands out there that are not so crowded others I know have been to. I can't understand people, many of whom have beaches where they're from, that are far less crowded, that come here and are surrounded by walls of tourists. Some beaches do look scenic, but the crowds take that away when you're there.

Edited by fredwiggy

17 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Never voted pal but if all Johnny Foreigners were as puerile as you,i would.

worst of the worst. You sicken me. do you know how many British soldiers (including my countrymen from Canada and Ireland) died in 2 wars, so you COULD vote. ?

26 minutes ago, paddypower said:

worst of the worst. You sicken me. do you know how many British soldiers (including my countrymen from Canada and Ireland) died in 2 wars, so you COULD vote. ?

Get that chip off your shoulder Paddy.Your virtue signalling does not fool anyone.If there was any trustworthy politicians in power maybe i would vote.As for mentioning our lost soldiers,there is nobody wears their poppy with more pride than me.I make a point of going out on the 11th and always come home dissapointed that only ever a handfull of old uns,[like me] have made the effort.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Get that chip off your shoulder Paddy.Your virtue signalling does not fool anyone.If there was any trustworthy politicians in power maybe i would vote.As for mentioning our lost soldiers,there is nobody wears their poppy with more pride than me.I make a point of going out on the 11th and always come home dissapointed that only ever a handfull of old uns,[like me] have made the effort.

certainly, getting ratty at me draws you into the trap of engaging with me one on one, which is irrelevant. I don't know the exact source, but at 77 yrs, and still having an open mind - learning to learn - i still follow the motto that there is nothing worse than despairing that you cannot make a change. Altho' I respect that you attend Remembrance Day.

4 hours ago, paddypower said:

certainly, getting ratty at me draws you into the trap of engaging with me one on one, which is irrelevant. I don't know the exact source, but at 77 yrs, and still having an open mind - learning to learn - i still follow the motto that there is nothing worse than despairing that you cannot make a change. Altho' I respect that you attend Remembrance Day.

Cheers.

• Like 1