Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration VIP Fast Track Service

Hi,

I seen a few different companies offering Vip Fast track immigration service for around $35 or so.

I have had multiple tourist visas over a few year period and sometimes people have problems at Bangkok airport due to extensive visa history.

Ive never overstayed in Thailand and have always got in on arrival. That said there is always the uncertainty even with a tourist visa if my entry will go smooth on arrival at immigration due to lots of tourist visa entries.

My question is would the Vip fast track service be more likely to be hassle free from immigration even if you had lots of tourist entries in the past.

I dont really care about saving time by using the fast track service im just wondering if by using this are you more likely to get in hassle free rather than immigration looking at all the tourist visas i have had over the years.

Or perhaps it makes no difference therefore the fast track service would be a waste of money? 

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

VIP service simply allows you to use those immigration gates.

Think it will not make a difference.

Outline your history.

Are you planning to enter Thailand with a visa or visa exempt..

Was on 2 STV visas (special tourist visa) 2 years running during covid so was able to stay for 18 months for 2 years during that with a 2 month gap in between.

Then last time I was on a multiple entry tourist visa for 6 months then 4 months in the Uk.

Now planning to come back in on another multiple entry tourist visa after a 4 month gap.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

It is an automated system they all know everything about you.  Can't pay to make it disappear. 

They know everything but different IOs react differently to what they can see, so it's not as clear-cut as you make it sound. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, wolf66 said:

Hi,

I seen a few different companies offering Vip Fast track immigration service for around $35 or so.

I have had multiple tourist visas over a few year period and sometimes people have problems at Bangkok airport due to extensive visa history.

Ive never overstayed in Thailand and have always got in on arrival. That said there is always the uncertainty even with a tourist visa if my entry will go smooth on arrival at immigration due to lots of tourist visa entries.

My question is would the Vip fast track service be more likely to be hassle free from immigration even if you had lots of tourist entries in the past.

I dont really care about saving time by using the fast track service im just wondering if by using this are you more likely to get in hassle free rather than immigration looking at all the tourist visas i have had over the years.

Or perhaps it makes no difference therefore the fast track service would be a waste of money? 

You have to have a business class ticket to use it or be screwing and immigration officer 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

VIP service simply allows you to use those immigration gates.

Think it will not make a difference.

Outline your history.

Are you planning to enter Thailand with a visa or visa exempt..

Theoretically yes...   

But, just as officers exercise discretion when they 'see you'... 

They may exercise discretion when you are in a line for 'more important people'.... 

So, for a 'borderline' entrant using the fast-track lane could influence the immigration officers decision not to press for questions etc.

That said, it would never be wise to leave something such as this down to someone else's discretion. 

• Haha 1

As someone above stated, the fast track Imm officers have much more time to check ! They usually look through all your pages and on their computers before stamping you in. From my personal experience. VIP just spares you having to join the long queue so is faster .

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

Has anyone been denied entry at a fast track for "staying in Thailand too much"?

The fast track wouldn't be the ones to deny entry. What happens at the airport is the IO sends a message to his senior who comes and collects you and takes you away to a corner where you fill in a form and speak to the IO in charge. This is just as likely to happen in the fast track and yes this has been reported on this forum. The chances of actually being denied entry are miniscule either way.

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

That said, it would never be wise to leave something such as this down to someone else's discretion

There is actually another level of service.

You can use agent to guarantee visa exempt entry.

It's not cheap . Approx 8k

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There is actually another level of service.

You can use agent to guarantee visa exempt entry.

It's not cheap . Approx 8k

Or half that if you have a tourist visa. However, I've learned that being stopped at the airport is no big deal as long as you have a ticket back to your home country, hotel bookings, the required cash and an explanation of how you're going to spend your time as a tourist in Thailand. I was in the waiting area for about an hour and saw lots of people had been pulled aside but they were all allowed in once they had spoken to the officer and produced the required documents.