Do any Farangs actually choose to live in Isaan?

Goat

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Isaan has some beauties, but they know it, and the ones that don't feel the need to sell their wares, meaning the intelligent ones with no damage, aren't easy to fool. Money will of course attract some, but if they are independent, they will prefer their own most of the time.

where can I find these goddesses?

I will be more than happy to worship their pretty feet...

Edited by bob smith
  • Haha 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

I'm in Sisaket, and I've seen for over 6 years here, along with Ubon province, women as good looking as anywhere else in Thailand.Many without makeup and lighter skinned. My ex was the prettiest woman in our area, light skin, looking like a blend of Thai and something else. Been to Bangkok many times, A few islands, other provinces, and have seen women posted from all over, including some back in Texas. Isaan has some beauties, but they know it, and the ones that don't feel the need to sell their wares, meaning the intelligent ones with no damage, aren't easy to fool. Money will of course attract some, but if they are independent, they will prefer their own most of the time.

Khon Kaen has the best looking women there by far id say. Udon would be no 2.

11 minutes ago, transam said:

There are those on here that will always run down Isaan, spouting the same ol' cr@p, when in fact, they actually live there....????

I actually know full well what goes on wrong here, but if Thailand had hunting and Bass, Pike, Trout, and other US  fishing, it wouldn't be as bad for me, although getting my daughter back to the states is a priority for her welfare and future. It is very quiet where I live, too quiet actually, but I can understand if that's what a man would want, and not have hobbies like mine, along with having a good looking, faithful, and loyal wife, he could find peace here

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I have land in Issan and plan to spend more time there when I retire from my job in BKK. But it's not in my girlfriend's town of birth, I didn't want to be near her family.

Reasons?

I like having seasons. It gets pretty cold there in December/January.

You can do what you want pretty much. No police hassles etc. No complaints from people when I ride my motorcross bikes on my track.

No ripoffs from people thinking you're a tourist.

I love Issan food.

It's very cheap to hire workers, gardeners etc.

I enjoy mucking around on the land, driving the tractor, planting trees etc.

Very easy to grow stuff. We have mango, bananas, guava, coconuts, lemon, lime, jack fruit etc.

It's generally pretty quiet, the odd dog barking or truck or Dek Waan or whatever but mainly just hear birds, wildlife etc.

No traffic jams.

No creepy weirdo farangs like I have to avoid in BKK.

I like to be in the countryside, especially after commuting to work in BKK all week.

It's not perfect, but where is?

Spot on....????

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I met the loveliest people girls in Soi Cowboy and Nana. ???? 

Small, cute, brown, smiling. My favorites are from Buriram, it seems they all come to Bangkok.

You will find Burirum females also well represented in Pattaya also.

It seems like about half come from the Buriram, Surin, Sisaket and Ubon strip bordering cambodia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

Certainly Big Nok would be one of our more informed members, can speak Thai, didnt fall for the first girl off the plane and head straight up to her village to take care of her children to other blokes and extended family.

Obviously a well travelled type and has a deeper understanding of Thailand than most.

Always interesting content, not bickering drivel.

Good summary.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Goat said:

Certainly Big Nok would be one of our more informed members, can speak Thai, didnt fall for the first girl off the plane and head straight up to her village to take care of her children to other blokes and extended family.

Obviously a well travelled type and has a deeper understanding of Thailand than most.

Always interesting content, not bickering drivel.

Shame you don't follow his lead then, isn't it.....????

But readers, here is the real reason for Goaty's thread, he just can't control himself.......Great stuff....:clap2:

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I chose to live there for 18 years. My wife is from Lopburi. 

Lovely people.

I'm just curious about something. When you say your wife is from Lopburi, do you mean Lopburi city or Lopburi province? The reason I ask is that there is a lot of cultural and linguistic spillover and inter-marriage between Lopburi province (which is technically not in Isaan) and neighboring provinces (which are in Isaan). 

Last week I had a Makro shelf stocker in Lopburi city tell me I spoke Thai with an "Isaan" accent. No one has ever ever said this to me before, and I was actually fairly offended by this comment, because I suspected her assessment was based more on a possible prejudice that because I was a foreigner my wife must be from Isaan, than on how I was actually speaking.

But after getting home and giving this some thought, I begrudgingly had to admit that there is a possibility that there is enough Isaan linguistic influence in my area that over the years I may have picked up some Isaan speaking mannerisms without even realizing it, even though I have never actually lived in Isaan.

Edit:

@Neeranam: Sorry, kind of got sidetracked and went off on a tangent. What I was getting at was even though you may have met your wife in Lopburi, are you saying that your wife had no family connections whatsoever in Isaan, and that you and your wife just willy-nilly moved there? You have to admit, that's pretty unusual, unless you moved there for work.

Edited by Gecko123

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Or his cash run out..........????

Leaving him as an elderly man waiting for hours in the hot sun under a pink umbrella out the front of Thai immigration in a foreign country doing visa runs?