You believe in Bad Luck Bob?

georgegeorgia

Had your life been mostly bad luck ,is it still majority bad luck ?

Do you believe in bad luck?

bad luck Bob 

I was talking to a workmate last night in the mealroom , we call him BAD LUCK BOB , his life is always poor him ,bad luck etc but then he came out with another story which makes me believe he genuinely is bad luck thought out his body if that makes sense 

So his story is he gambled a lot of money on this MMA UFC last week , apparently thousands on some guy who was apparently definitely supposed to win !

He lost !

The second thing is he was walking home from work late one night crossing a back street and in all the time he has been walking to cross these dark back streets he has never saw a car , well lo & behold he was crossing the road in this dark street last week to not only have one car spoed around the corner towards him ..but...3 ...all in opposite direction !

He ends up trying to run across the road before the cars blast their horns 

He told me he went to the park and just sat on the bench and thought .fxxxck what's the chances of that happening he shouts 

He then sits on the park bench in the park...a man walking his dog walks past...the dog stops ...then pees on Bobs leg !

This is 11pm at night !! Bob is shouting...11pm ! 11pm ! 

Now what chance in hell would that happen to someone!

The 3rd story was we work in a large hospital he as a wardsman pushing patients , a day before a schedule of patients is written to say how many and where they are going eg x-ray clinic , radiotherapy etc .

Bob was responsible for Ward 12 and boasted he day before he had only 2 patients the next day and Ward 11 which someone else was doing had 12 .

He was laughing.

Going to read the newspaper half the day in the mealroom he boasted 

Bob turns up that morning to find 10 of the patients from ward 11 had been moved overnight because of sickness to ward 12 .his ward !!!

" they had to get sick when I was on the next day ! 

They had to get sick all of them !

Whats the chances of that ! 

Shouts Bob , 

What's the chances of that happening shouts Bob angrily....before taking a sick day and going home !

Just bad luck Bob ???

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 5

49 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

So his story is he gambled a lot of money on this MMA UFC last week , apparently thousands on some guy who was apparently definitely supposed to win !

He lost !

The second thing is he was walking home from work late one night crossing a back street and in all the time he has been walking to cross these dark back streets he has never saw a car , well lo & behold he was crossing the road in this dark street last week to not only have one car spoed around the corner towards him ..but...3 ...all in opposite direction !

What does that have to do with bad luck?

I guess it's like some idiots who have a car or motorcycle accident and then they say it was bad luck because it rained or the guy in front of them braked... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You 'd have to agree though some on here have had a "bad.luck " life.

I agree though gambling is not bad luck , although apparently that black guy from NZ I think Israel adenyasnda or whatever is name is was talked up  about to win .

So bad luck to punters 

There is guys on here who have lost everything to Asian women whether they be Filipino or Thai ,just bad luck 

Edited by georgegeorgia

17 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

"Bad luck"? ... As humans we have difficulty with many things. These two are figural for most at some time or another.

1. We refuse to own the consequences of our behaviour.

2. We refuse to accept the concept of randomness, and the inherent universality of chaos.

One of the the commonest solutions for attempting to make sense of and find comfort about both of these has been religion.

How do you explain 3 cars nearly hitting him in a dark back street at 11pm  that doesn't usually have cars going thru !

Religion has no answer ,it's just bad luck 

Although your number 2 could have meaning ?

Edited by georgegeorgia