Why do people on here call Thailand the land of smiles?

bignok

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, no. I checked again and it clearly states 2013. (Google)

.In November 2013, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) launched a new campaign with the slogan, 'Amazing Thailand: it begins with the people'.

However, I did find another reference to 2014:

January 17, 2014

It was at the World Travel Market in London that the Thai Tourist Office launched the new slogan: Amazing Thailand. It begins with the people.

https://scandasia.com/tourist-agency-launches-new-slogan-thailand-amazing-thailand-begins-people/

That's an updated version of the slogan with "it begins with the people" tracked on to the end.

The marketing brochure that can be found at the link below should put the matter to rest...

The Amazing Thailand 1998-99 campaign - Travel Impact Newswire

https://www.travel-impact-newswire.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/TheGreatestStory-1998.pdf

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, no. I checked again and it clearly states 2013. (Google)

.In November 2013, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) launched a new campaign with the slogan, 'Amazing Thailand: it begins with the people'.

However, I did find another reference to 2014:

January 17, 2014

It was at the World Travel Market in London that the Thai Tourist Office launched the new slogan: Amazing Thailand. It begins with the people.

https://scandasia.com/tourist-agency-launches-new-slogan-thailand-amazing-thailand-begins-people/

New campaign but old slogan. Oldest record of the Amazing Thailand promotion that I can find is for 1998/9 (I thought is was even earlier) but this title has been pushed a few times since then.

https://www.ryt9.com/en/prg/1690 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

A fact is a fact, period, a proven entity. When something is proven, that means there is evidence to believe it. Not a theory, a hypothesis, guess, or opinion. Known to be true.

I never disputed that. I said gravity is a fact, that the sun rises in the east is a fact etc.

When there is a dispute about anything, that thing is not a fact, eg MMCC.

On 10/2/2023 at 8:20 PM, fredwiggy said:

People who want sex with many people are damaged. You might hear that's it just a man thing, but it's actually an immature boy's thinking.

Not so. Men coupling with many women is a genetic imperative for the survival of the species. Do dogs mate for life? Do wild stallions only run with one mare, do male elephant seals only stay with one female?

Are men not an animal species governed by genetics?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not so. Men coupling with many women is a genetic imperative for the survival of the species. Do dogs mate for life? Do wild stallions only run with one mare, do male elephant seals only stay with one female?

Are men not an animal species governed by genetics?

Yes, we are mammals, but not dogs., elephants, or horses. A human's brain if a tad more advanced than other mammals. , and can understand the consequences of their actions. And the first line is ludicrous. Men don't need to couple with many women for the survival of the human race. Individual men with individual women, meaning their wives, and having babies, along with all the other married couples, ensures the human race will go on. If you haven't noticed, there are billions of people on earth. There are absolutely no reasons why a man needs to conquer more than one woman except for his own pleasure. Of course, many of us have done it, but that doesn't make it right, or imperative. Our genetics make us who we are, and that doesn't mean wanton sex with many females. The reason the world's population is 10 times what it should be is that wanton sex, with no consideration for the children that grow up with no fathers. No fathers. or at least a good male role model, which isn't easy to come by,  is one of the main reasons children act out without thinking of their actions beforehand. Not being taught respect or self control makes babies no one wants, or that will be raised by grandparents, or a mom or dad that needs help that isn't around.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes, we are mammals, but not dogs., elephants, or horses. A human's brain if a tad more advanced than other mammals. , and can understand the consequences of their actions. And the first line is ludicrous. Men don't need to couple with many women for the survival of the human race. Individual men with individual women, meaning their wives, and having babies, along with all the other married couples, ensures the human race will go on. If you haven't noticed, there are billions of people on earth. There are absolutely no reasons why a man needs to conquer more than one woman except for his own pleasure. Of course, many of us have done it, but that doesn't make it right, or imperative. Our genetics make us who we are, and that doesn't mean wanton sex with many females. The reason the world's population is 10 times what it should be is that wanton sex, with no consideration for the children that grow up with no fathers. No fathers. or at least a good male role model, which isn't easy to come by,  is one of the main reasons children act out without thinking of their actions beforehand. Not being taught respect or self control makes babies no one wants, or that will be raised by grandparents, or a mom or dad that needs help that isn't around.

Do you realise that we were given those genes way back when men were just another animal? We may live differently from the cavemen but our genes are still the same as 50,000 years ago, long before anything you are talking about came to pass.

Perhaps you don't think that humans emerged from the slime like any other species, but history says we did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you realise that we were given those genes way back when men were just another animal? We may live differently from the cavemen but our genes are still the same as 50,000 years ago, long before anything you are talking about came to pass.

Perhaps you don't think that humans emerged from the slime like any other species, but history says we did.

Do you realize that man, although basically a mammal, is still the highest form of life on earth, with the highest developed brain (at least some of us). History doesn't say anything about us coming from slime, and anyone who thinks that hasn't yet developed themselves.

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Do you realize that man, although basically a mammal, is still the highest form of life on earth, with the highest developed brain (at least some of us). History doesn't say anything about us coming from slime, and anyone who thinks that hasn't yet developed themselves.

In the comics

On 10/2/2023 at 9:53 AM, fredwiggy said:

A gigolo is a man that uses his genetic looks to seduce, then use, women. Sexual services for older women in exchange for money. No conscience, having sex with someone you're not attracted to.

I though it was a poor (but handsome) man exploited by rich women.

Why do you always say it's men exploiting women.

My marriage in the UK was clearly an example of a lazy woman exploiting my earning potential.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals, so lets do it like they do on the Discovery Channel.

(Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch)

9 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Complete and utter BS!

Every animal species expands it's population until resources can't support any more.

We, as a species, are nowhere near our peak resources, so our population will continue to increase.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I though it was a poor (but handsome) man exploited by rich women.

Why do you always say it's men exploiting women.

My marriage in the UK was clearly an example of a lazy woman exploiting my earning potential.

Men exploit women for sex. Women exploit men for money.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Complete and utter BS!

Every animal species expands it's population until resources can't support any more.

We, as a species, are nowhere near our peak resources, so our population will continue to increase.

BS to you, factual to the world and its ways. Our population has become this high, where our resources are being taxed, and eventually will run out, because of people having sex indiscriminately. Can't argue what is. No matter what you, I and the rest have done, there is a fact that remains. Marriage, and having children with one person, is why we're here. People who go from one to another, with no regard for the children they make, kids growing up without fathers, or mothers, or both, is the main cause for all the worlds problems. Overpopulation, fatherless, and or, motherless children, with little or no guidance, immoral practices, treating women as objects and men as ATM's, will lead the world to it's downfall. I know you don't believe in God, but his rules make sense. Immorality is the destruction of families, and the world. Of course people who look at women as just something to use will disagree.

19 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Sooooo, where did humans come from. The garden of Eden perhaps?

BTW I don't think any history writers were around 50,000 years ago, and of course the predecessors of humans were millennia before that.

17 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

. Our population has become this high, where our resources are being taxed, and eventually will run out, because of people having sex indiscriminately.

Are you sure about that? Saudis had about 8 children per wife when I was there, and they were all married. I don't think they were having sex indiscriminately at all.

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you sure about that? Saudis had about 8 children per wife when I was there, and they were all married. I don't think they were having sex indiscriminately at all.

Having sex with your wife isn't indiscriminate, unless you aren't raising them properly.

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, where did humans come from. The garden of Eden perhaps?

BTW I don't think any history writers were around 50,000 years ago, and of course the predecessors of humans were millennia before that.

The believers in God, like myself, know that God created all life in the universe. Some are naive and believe everything scientists say. We go by faith they go by theories. Can't prove either way is right, yet. When you die, you can ask God where we came from, because everyone talks to God eventually.

On 10/1/2023 at 8:48 AM, ChipButty said:

It used to be 23 years ago, my first ever night in Bangkok and the young lady was kneeling down infront of me pouring me a beer, when she asked me would I like Head sir, best I don't answer that

How much was the beer?

Only time I refer to TH as LOS is if Scamming, like possibly today ????

New policy at bank, 'Credit Advise' for Imm visa extension, now 100 baht per page/month.   Glad I already have 11 for free.

Previous charge was 200 if getting all 12 on same day/or when ready.  Then if getting 6 at time...FREE.   So got 6, got 5, now need last one.

Can't wait to see what the new charge is for 'bank statement' is going to be.  Wife is going to ring the call center and see if there is an policy for these.

Also informed (possibly that tax thingy), they'll be looking at the accounts more closely come Jan 2024, not saying why ???? and didn't ask.

So paperwork from bank may start to cost as much as the visa extension; `1200 + ? = F'me

Every country really is a Love/Hate relationship at times.

Edited by KhunLA