Weird experiences in Thailand

bignok

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Aaaah, no big deal. 

I read this stuff in the Louisiana news every other day. 

Louisiana? Isn't that the sate where everyone is a close relative to each other? Or am I thinking Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and West Virginia?

20 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Louisiana? Isn't that the sate where everyone is a close relative to each other? Or am I thinking Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and West Virginia?

Your username sure fits. Another one with assumptions about the US and never having visited, or lived.

32 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Your username sure fits. Another one with assumptions about the US and never having visited, or lived.

LOL...  If you think you're the first that used my alias to try and rile me up, think again.

American by birth, lived in 2 different states for more than 20 years each. Visited and stayed in over 40 of the 50 states. Currently have relatives living throughout various states. Don't get me started with my many friends to which some have been living in Baton Rouge their entire lives. I've only attended Mardi Gras once and thought it was over-hyped but I do admit I had a good time.

Please tell me more about myself that I don't already know.

My opinion of you: You're one of those inbreed idiots that get all festered up when someone jokes about your backyard. Enjoy your day...Cheers! 

6 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

LOL...  If you think you're the first that used my alias to try and rile me up, think again.

American by birth, lived in 2 different states for more than 20 years each. Visited and stayed in over 40 of the 50 states. Currently have relatives living throughout various states. Don't get me started with my many friends to which some have been living in Baton Rouge their entire lives. I've only attended Mardi Gras once and thought it was over-hyped but I do admit I had a good time.

Please tell me more about myself that I don't already know.

My opinion of you: You're one of those inbreed idiots that get all festered up when someone jokes about your backyard. Enjoy your day...Cheers! 

No, actually I'm of two un related parents, and an idiot is one who assumes about others. Your response to that other's post showed a misunderstanding some show when they go by other's opinions of the deep south. It was your words, not mine. If you lived in the US that long, why make statements like you did? I'm not festered up. I just see things as they are. Sarcasm is one thing, and you don't know it's sarcasm unless you add lol or a smiling emoji afterward.

16 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Perhaps the most bizarre thing that happened to me was some guy trying to give me a neck massage in a lavatory that was in a bar in Chiang Mai whilst I was standing at the urinal, trying to take a leak.

I saw him when I walked in and he crept up behind me and yanked my neck, cracking the bone and then stood there expecting a tip.

At the time, I thought I was being mugged.

Same thing happened to me - but I did not let him crack my neck! Got away fast.

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No, actually I'm of two un related parents, and an idiot is one who assumes about others. Your response to that other's post showed a misunderstanding some show when they go by other's opinions of the deep south. It was your words, not mine. If you lived in the US that long, why make statements like you did? I'm not festered up. I just see things as they are. Sarcasm is one thing, and you don't know it's sarcasm unless you add lol or a smiling emoji afterward.

Do note, many of us from the North are always ribbing and making fun of the folks from the South. Sort of like (if you're an oldie like me) us Americans poking folks at the Polish with all the Pole jokes. Or as my Ohio friends do, make fun and ridicule their West Virginia neighbors. Relax and take big bong hit.... You said you were 'not festered up' but it's obvious you are so stop kidding yourself.

Why are you calling yourself an idiot?

"......an idiot is one who assumes about others."  You made an assumption about me, didn't you?

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That's happened to me as well. While on toilet talk, how about women cleaning the men's toilets while you're 'in progress', and at the old Thermae and, as far as I know still at Country Road on Cowboy, men and women use the same toilet area.

Equal rights, great!

7 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Do note, many of us from the North are always ribbing and making fun of the folks from the South. Sort of like (if you're an oldie like me) us Americans poking folks at the Polish with all the Pole jokes. Or as my Ohio friends do, make fun and ridicule their West Virginia neighbors. Relax and take big bong hit.... You said you were 'not festered up' but it's obvious you are so stop kidding yourself.

Why are you calling yourself an idiot?

"......an idiot is one who assumes about others."  You made an assumption about me, didn't you?

No, I went by what you said. It could have been sarcasm, but you don't know unless you let on that it is. I'm originally from New Jersey, and full aware of all the Polish jokes, being a Pole myself, and that we are always ribbing each other, so if sarcasm was what it was, not a problem. Not festered, though I do see many prejudiced and moronic remarks about different nationalities here, and after awhile, you can see they aren't kidding. I myself moved to Texas, and lived there 32 years before coming here. I had a Hispanic friend that used to call me white trash, and I came back with wetback, so I know kidding. I made fun of the friends I had there because of their accent, and they did of mine , what they called New York but was actually New Jersey talk. My parents were from Brooklyn, and it's different. I just don't like it when others insult others because of race, creed or where they came from. Some are kidding, many aren't. I can see you aren't, so not a problem.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

No, I went by what you said. It could have been sarcasm, but you don't know unless you let on that it is. I'm originally from New Jersey, and full aware of all the Polish jokes, being a Pole myself, and that we are always ribbing each other, so if sarcasm was what it was, not a problem. Not festered, though I do see many prejudiced and moronic remarks about different nationalities here, and after awhile, you can see they aren't kidding. I myself moved to Texas, and lived there 32 years before coming here. I had a Hispanic friend that used to call me white trash, and I came back with wetback, so I know kidding. I made fun of the friends I had there because of their accent, and they did of mine , what they called New York but was actually New Jersey talk. My parents were from Brooklyn, and it's different. I just don't like it when others insult others because of race, creed or where they came from. Some are kidding, many aren't. I can see you aren't, so not a problem.

Cheers, as we seem to now understand each other. If I were to chastise or demean a person they would definitely know it. Sorry if I came across that way but it was just intended to be a little social ribbing, I apologize for any offense I may have caused.  

Jersey....  Hmmmm, I used to travel there often for work. Smaller areas east of Philly.....  Westampton - Mt Holly. My Aunt lived in the Point Pleasant and I have a longtime friend/colleague who currently lives in Cherry Hill. I used to work for a couple of companies that had facilities in Hackensack. So I know Jersey.

At times it's difficult for me to tell if someone is from NY or NJ. Just like Australia, UK, and New Zealand, it would take me awhile listening to some folks to tell where they were from.

Been to TX too much. Brother currently residing in Austin, Mother lived in Houston for many years. One of my best friends in Dallas who was born in the USA has parents that came from Mexico. He and I joke a lot with each other and perhaps at times too loud in public as we get strange looks when he calls me 'White Boy' and I call him 'Beaner'.

...and now to get back on topic, my weird experience in LOS also included:

'.....this one time at band camp....'

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Cheers, as we seem to now understand each other. If I were to chastise or demean a person they would definitely know it. Sorry if I came across that way but it was just intended to be a little social ribbing, I apologize for any offense I may have caused.  

Jersey....  Hmmmm, I used to travel there often for work. Smaller areas east of Philly.....  Westampton - Mt Holly. My Aunt lived in the Point Pleasant and I have a longtime friend/colleague who currently lives in Cherry Hill. I used to work for a couple of companies that had facilities in Hackensack. So I know Jersey.

At times it's difficult for me to tell if someone is from NY or NJ. Just like Australia, UK, and New Zealand, it would take me awhile listening to some folks to tell where they were from.

Been to TX too much. Brother currently residing in Austin, Mother lived in Houston for many years. One of my best friends in Dallas who was born in the USA has parents that came from Mexico. He and I joke a lot with each other and perhaps at times too loud in public as we get strange looks when he calls me 'White Boy' and I call him 'Beaner'.

...and now to get back on topic, my weird experience in LOS also included:

'.....this one time at band camp....'

My ex girlfriend and daughter from her live in Deptford, close to Mt. Holly. I lived in NE Jersey, Paterson area. Mom worked at Sears in Hackensack. My son lives in Schertz TX, where I used to live 32 uears, one daughter in Blanco, another in Universal City. Moving back there asap. No problems from before, just a misunderstanding.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, bignok said:

Has anything unusual happened to you

I get this weird stuff from elderly foreigners regularly, what's going on with elderly people, how did they get to their ripe old age? 

What is it with some elderly foreigners? 

Today, I was riding my PCX past TukCom, I was following a Thai, we entered on the eastern road, a foreigner abused me (he didn't get hostile towards the Thai) then another foreigner walking (elderly guy with pony tail) told me that I shouldn't ride in the wrong direction. 

OMG, When in Rome, do as the Roman's do I said (wanting to rip his head off). 

I hate (HATE) most of the foreigners here in Thailand. 

FFS, foreigners, stop annoying us with your stupid thoughts, if you are angry, go back to where you come from. Be miserable elsewhere, not here in Thailand. 

The video reminds me of a typical foreigner (mostly Brits and Europeans) on Soi Buakhao ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

Trying to get hold of those  house developpers in Hua Hin and make them amend at their cost the awful flaws in building the pool villa in the developpment,  that has issues and low quality materials.

They claim all is fine but a 12 year old can see it is not. Werid reactions.

Not to mention the manner which the developpment workers use your property as a dump yard when you are away and have no respect for other peoples private space. Complain and the only answer you will get is "ohhh this is Thailand" you know.

• Like 1