Thai PM Srettha urges military to trade arms for aid in 2024

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

However, they will consider procuring new jet fighters in the following fiscal year, with a working panel being established to review the matter.

a working panel?  a commitee?  oh well there goes all the money saved from not buying any new toys in 2024.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Either this man is an optimist, which is a good thing, or he is naive (what has the army done for the people lately?), or he is a master of PR, similar to the biggest joke. I would not expect anything to come of this, as the army is perhaps the most toxic institution in Thailand, and also perhaps the worst investment for the money, in the history of the nation.

i would have to argue your comment about being the worst investment. THey seem to be a really good investment for those who control them. History has shown they are quite adept at killing people even though it has never been done against other countries. The seem devoted and faithful to follow the orders of only their generals. They also are really good at blocking rioters who protest the Gov. Surely someone profited quiet a lot from their training and devotion to only do what the ARMY told them to do.. So, in fact, it was a really good investment and return for someone.. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Either this man is an optimist, which is a good thing, or he is naive (what has the army done for the people lately?), or he is a master of PR, similar to the biggest joke. I would not expect anything to come of this, as the army is perhaps the most toxic institution in Thailand, and also perhaps the worst investment for the money, in the history of the nation.

He's only there because of the army.

• Thumbs Up 1