The Covid-19 Pandemic - Are you ready to forgive and forget?

Red Phoenix

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

personal and societal harm

https://pesquisa.bvsalud.org/global-literature-on-novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov/resource/pt/covidwho-714539

Positive aspects of covid 19 pandemic: A blessing in disguise

good things have come out of the pandemic as well. Positive effects of COVID 19 are seen on reduced road traffic, and road traffic accidents lowered levels of air pollution which has to lead to lowered heart attack rates and rejuvenating environment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

No. Not until risky gain of function research is regulated responsibly worldwide and,  the US and Western governments can prevent state actors like China from perusing bio-weapon power. 

Tall order. As of today most virologists graduating from top universities can design their own virus and in not so many years kids may be able to using their USB5.0 home virolab kit. You can already buy home gene scanners and check out your own DNA. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The 'germ theory' is the biggest money spinner the world has known. For some. that is! Easily surpassing the military complex.

Banking - Big Phama - Military complex - Oil industry. Big money business.

3 hours ago, rabas said:

No. Not until risky gain of function research is regulated responsibly worldwide and,  the US and Western governments can prevent state actors like China from perusing bio-weapon power. 

Tall order. As of today most virologists graduating from top universities can design their own virus and in not so many years kids may be able to using their USB5.0 home virolab kit. You can already buy home gene scanners and check out your own DNA

For me. This is a massive  'Red Herring'. Viruses are cell debris. The ones that cause illness are in a computer; nowhere else.

Might be able to design something in a computer, but until some evidence arrives that show viruses cause illness, I'll stick with nature.

I've yet to hear anyone define a bio-weapon. Making poisons in a lab; yes! Developing toxins that can harm and kill; yes. But so far no-one has found a 'bio' particle that can be transmitted from person to person. They tried very hard with the so-called Spanish Flu. But not yet.

Could I just add that 'virology' is not a science at all. In my opinion naturally.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Seems as though you and/or your source are conveniently forgetting about the official 7 million COVID deaths worldwide since 2020, and the estimates that the actual number taking into account undercounting is more likely in the 15-30 million COVID-related deaths range:

"Globally, as of 7:50pm CEST, 4 October 2023, there have been 771,151,224 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 6,960,783 deaths, reported to WHO."

https://covid19.who.int/

Screenshot_6.jpg.f3c42fc7a6ce4ade167be6bd6ab89b10.jpg

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-estimates

14.9 million excess deaths associated with the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 and 2021

5 May 2022

"New estimates from the World Health Organization (WHO) show that the full death toll associated directly or indirectly with the COVID-19 pandemic (described as “excess mortality”) between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2021 was approximately 14.9 million (range 13.3 million to 16.6 million)."

https://www.who.int/news/item/05-05-2022-14.9-million-excess-deaths-were-associated-with-the-covid-19-pandemic-in-2020-and-2021

So your rationale is that it was worth it?

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

about the official 7 million COVID deaths worldwide since 2020

yeah, that's a lot!

i didn't meet one person who dropped dead (then again, my social circle is small)

but there's a couple of aholes around me I wish would have been obliterated by that flu. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

So your rationale is that it was worth it?

The collectivist types love these computer models and their "official" projections of 7 million Covid deaths.

But they always neglect to mention the hard data such as the fact that the median age of Covid deaths was around 82 years in the UK, and likely similar in other developed countries with equivalent demographics.

Was the heavy-handed response worth it? No. By any measure, economic, social and even health-related, the "cure" was many times worse than the disease. A man-made catastrophe, indeed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1