ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

8 minutes ago, proton said:

Astounding naivety, Hamas are a death cult whose aim is the destruction of Israel and killing any jew they come across in any barbaric way the feel like, they have committed some of the most horrendous crimes in modern history. Israel is a democratic multi ethnic country with equal rights for all, it's been defending itself against muslim attack since the day after it was established. If Hamas surrendered there would be peace, if Israel did there would be no more Israel. How anyone can be so disingenuous to equate Israel with those barbarians Hamas is just amazing, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Yeah, the only logical conclusion is that such people share the genocidal and Israel ending goals of Hamas. 

The Decolonization Narrative Is Dangerous and False - The Atlantic

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

In that case, destroying their HQ would be significant enough in most cases to permit targeting it.

Here's a report about an interview with a former Israeli general (currently advising the Minister of Defense) - looks like the interpretation of whether or not is permissible has also to do with how the situation is defined. According to this, Israel does have a 'right' to attack, but.

Ex-general: Allow a brief ceasefire and aid to enter Gaza, but only if Red Cross visits hostages and Shifa is evacuated

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/ex-general-allow-a-brief-ceasefire-and-aid-to-enter-gaza-but-only-if-red-cross-visits-hostages-and-shifa-is-evacuated/ 

Shifa is the hospital under which Hamas HQ is located.

As for the ceasefire - what he suggests seems reasonable enough, but doubt Hamas will go for it. On other reports (sorry - bits from Arabic and Hebrew media, will post English link when one comes up, usually a day or two) - word is that Hamas was playing for time at negotiations, apparently feeling time on their side. The current Israeli troop incursion and communications cutoff of the Gaza Strip aimed at pressuring Hamas on hostage deal, and keeping option for quick action if these fail.

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Astounding naivety, Hamas are a death cult whose aim is the destruction of Israel and killing any jew they come across in any barbaric way the feel like, they have committed some of the most horrendous crimes in modern history. Israel is a democratic multi ethnic country with equal rights for all, it's been defending itself against muslim attack since the day after it was established. If Hamas surrendered there would be peace, if Israel did there would be no more Israel. How anyone can be so disingenuous to equate Israel with those barbarians Hamas is just amazing, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Get a life son, this is a war, you thinking the Israeli's are all sweet and innocent in this is at best delusional and I for one have condemned Hamas as terrorists the same as I've said the IDF are murderers of innocent Palestinians. Both sides are inhumane whichever way you want to look at it.

As Gazans Scrounge for Food and Water, Hamas Sits on a Rich Trove of Supplies

Hamas has hundreds of thousands of gallons of fuel for vehicles and rockets; caches of ammunition, explosives and materials to make more; and stockpiles of food, water and medicine, the officials said. A senior Lebanese official said Hamas, which is estimated to number between 35,000 and 40,000, had enough stocked away to keep fighting for three to four months without resupply.

The supply situation speaks to the relative sophistication of Hamas as a fighting force — an axiom among military professionals is that while amateurs talk about tactics, professionals talk about logistics. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/27/world/middleeast/palestine-gazans-hamas-food.html

https://archive.ph/j5BAk

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

satellite phones, which a few and far between

Starlink, Elon Musk has made starlink available for all aid agencies in schools and hospitals. Nearly all civilians left in the north are located in their boundaries

image.png.834dc3e66f2033c1a647fe6a1a509f62.png

Edited by Bkk Brian

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Yes I am probably as familiar as you are.  I do have some background in law.

You need to study International Humanitarian Law, it supersedes the Geneva Convention in many areas.

You post links to Wiki pages and the claim you've provided the actual law. Anyone doing that knows nothing of the law. 

I'm guessing you background in law has to do with a few D & Ds and a DUI or two. 

29 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Get a life son, this is a war, you thinking the Israeli's are all sweet and innocent in this is at best delusional and I for one have condemned Hamas as terrorists the same as I've said the IDF are murderers of innocent Palestinians. Both sides are inhumane whichever way you want to look at it.

What a load of twaddle, the Israelis are defending themselves where at every point in time the Palestinians are planning the destruction of Israel and the Israelis. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You post links to Wiki pages and the claim you've provided the actual law. Anyone doing that knows nothing of the law. 

I'm guessing you background in law has to do with a few D & Ds and a DUI or two. 

“Anyone doing that knows nothing of the law.”

I think you can do better than that.

21 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

“Anyone doing that knows nothing of the law.”

I think you can do better than that.

Okay, anyone doing that is being intellectually dishonest, at best.

Quoting and posting a link to someone's interpretation of a law and pretending it is a link to the actual law is deplorable. I would call you a liar, but I doubt you know the difference. 

Is that better? 

52 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

What a load of twaddle, the Israelis are defending themselves where at every point in time the Palestinians are planning the destruction of Israel and the Israelis. 

You are spouting twaddle (as you put it). And at every point in time the Israelis are planning the destruction of the Palestinian race. Right now they are killing thousands, including women, children and babies so they are worst at this time. Don't understand why they think they are a superior race.

Guess we just have to see how all this plays out, but if they keep up their killing ways, then the entire region could erupt.

Just now, couchpotato said:

You are spouting twaddle (as you put it). And at every point in time the Israelis are planning the destruction of the Palestinian race. Right now they are killing thousands, including women, children and babies so they are worst at this time. Don't understand why they think they are a superior race.

Guess we just have to see how all this plays out, but if they keep up their killing ways, then the entire region could erupt.

Total lie.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Do you read far right web sites, that's the type of non sense they spout over there 

Not even three weeks after the terror attack and its now not Hamas killing woman children and babies, its actually now Israelis who are doing it  , even though the Israeli kids are still being held hostage by Hamas 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

And the moral of the story is....if you don't want war, don't start one, have you got such a short memory of what happened on Oct7th. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morch said:

What would Iran gain from getting involved in war right now?

The economy would collapse. The populace even more restive.

Their pet toy in Lebanon would be crushed.

Both bad for a regime focused first and foremost on survival and maintaining power.

On the gains front there's little of real value - other than prestige and posturing.

If they can spin it somehow as to be able to claim some 'win' etc. it should be enough.

Doubt they will directly interfere on behalf of Hamas.

Harassing Israel and USA forces by supported outfits, yes.

I basically agree. My point was US/Western high tech military might is a strong deterrent to Iran's normal adventurism, which in part got us to where we are and has been growing.  While two big aircraft carriers is good optics, it also suggests the US/West are taking risks seriously.

Although overt, direct support for Hamas is not in Iran's interest (as you say) nor its way, I still worry  about dangerous unintended paths to the future . Someone once explained to me that Iran's actions are very hard to influence, I think I was talking about Putin at the time.

As for destabilizing Iran, one can only hope. There's little stability except for the regime's iron fist. I've worked with/in Iran extensively, not many fancy the regime outside of rural religious enclaves. The locals speculate who carries a pocket razor. When the regime falls they'll dash into a toilet, shave, and exit saying Hallo! ready for business.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I would not get too caught up arguing with knows so little about the subject that they believe Palestinian is a race, and that lies and claims that "...at every point in time the Israelis are planning the destruction of the Palestinian race"  

Agreed. That was a very stupid comment.

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you read far right web sites, that's the type of non sense they spout over there 

Not even three weeks after the terror attack and its now not Hamas killing woman children and babies, its actually now Israelis who are doing it  , even though the Israeli kids are still being held hostage by Hamas 

Do you have a link to one of these far-right websites?