ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

21 minutes ago, Morch said:

You have no idea what carpet bombing actually means.

It does not imply a situation where only 5% of the buildings in Gaza were demolished.

This was discussed extensively on this topic and parallel ones.

If you'd only apply that desire for 'learning' you go on about, maybe you wouldn't be confused as you obviously are.

As far as I am concerned, all bombing of residential areas is carpet bombing.

"Precision bombing" is the mother of all oxymorons.

There is no such thing.

There are 3,000 dead children irrefutably proving this to be true.

Hamas terrorists don't care, they kill their own Palestinians when launching rockets that fail from Gaza, use them as human shields in sensitive places, hospitals, schools and also massacred not just Jews on the 7th Oct but also Arabs.

Israel’s Hidden Victims, Arab Bedouins, Were Attacked by Hamas Too

During their murderous Oct. 7 rampage, Hamas militants attacked Zikkim Beach near the Gaza Strip where Abd Alrahman Aatef Ziadna and his family had been camping along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea.
Mr. Ziadna, 26, was slain inside his tent, and four members of his Bedouin family vanished.
Since the slaughter of 1,400 Israelis and foreigners by Hamas terrorists on Oct. 7, the world’s sympathies have focused on the Jewish communities closest to Gaza, where many of the victims lived. Atrocities were also committed against one of Israel’s more hidden minorities, Bedouin Arabs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/29/world/middleeast/israel-hamas-arab-bedouins.html

https://archive.ph/j5BAk

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Your not getting the message are you MoJo no 1 is replying to you because your not wanted anymore on this thread. 

I think you have to be very careful not to censor opinions you don’t like. That path is a dangerous one.

There are journalists being fired because they won’t accept censorship and toe their country’s line in unbalanced reporting.

We are seeing one-sides censorship on this thread more than I like. 

It is a fact that a lot of people support Israel in what is happening in Gaza and there are a lot who don’t.  Both sides have valid points, there is no black & white here only grey.

What we have seen on 7/10 and since is a direct result of history, Nekbah, Gaza, Golan Heights and West Bank. However you look at it, Palestinians have had a rough ride. Would Israel following International Law on the West Bank make a difference? I don’t know, but they should do it anyway. You don’t pick and choose which laws you follow. When you do you get anarchy and terrorism.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So, we agree, thanks. 

What with the photo? 

photo standard crude propaganda, could even just be a bundle of rags. Hamas love it when the kiddies do get hit, straight out with the camera. Much of it appears set up, probably get a smack to get them crying sat on a pile of rubble- look what the nasty IDF did. Never forget Oct 7th!

Edited by proton

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think you have to be very careful not to censor opinions you don’t like. That path is a dangerous one.

I agree.

There are journalists being fired because they won’t accept censorship and toe their country’s line in unbalanced reporting.

I think they are getting fired because the people that pay them don't like what they are saying. A good reason not to have state sponsored media. The US is getting worse and worse. 

It's a business, not a free speech platform. Start your own and run it as you see fit. I've been kicked off the site countless times. 

It is a fact that a lot of people support Israel in what is happening in Gaza and there are a lot who don’t.  Both sides have valid points, there is no black & white here only grey.

No, there is not only grey. There is mostly black and white, and there is some grey. Pretending otherwise is just a weak, limp-di*k dodge. 

What we have seen on 7/10 and since is a direct result of history, Nekbah, Gaza, Golan Heights and West Bank. However you look at it, Palestinians have had a rough ride.

This sounds like justification for Palestine's revenge. 

Would Israel following International Law on the West Bank make a difference? I don’t know, but they should do it anyway. You don’t pick and choose which laws you follow. When you do you get anarchy and terrorism.

I agree that everyone that everyone should follow the rules. The world would certainly be a better place for it. 

23 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

What we have seen on 7/10 and since is a direct result of history, Nekbah, Gaza, Golan Heights and West Bank. However you look at it, Palestinians have had a rough ride. Would Israel following International Law on the West Bank make a difference? I don’t know, but they should do it anyway. You don’t pick and choose which laws you follow. When you do you get anarchy and terrorism.

Each has a right to an opinion but when someone labels Israel and IDF as terrorists they need calling out.  Minimizing the acts of terror that occurred on the 7th Oct, the intent of Hamas to deliberately murder and kidnap civilians cannot be compared to Israel or the IDF. They are not murdering anyone with intent. Deaths are occurring and too many but this is also due to Hamas using their own population as human shields. 

Not you but others claiming they are not a Hamas apologists when they clearly post the exact definition of what an apologist is, needs calling out.

You claim 7/10 was a "direct result of direct result of history, Nekbah, Gaza, Golan Heights and West Bank" 

Even the UN have said there is NO justification for the Hamas attacks, stop the victim blaming.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Far right wing nonsense.

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/25/strange-death-of-europe-douglas-murray-review/

Consider his “highly intellectual” status fully revoked.

Douglas Murray is a well respected intellectual, and this particular book has received worldwide acclaim and excellent reviews; one small example is an unusually high score of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon, from over 6,000 customer reviews.

I haven’t looked at the review you posted, because unlike yourself I have read the book and formed my own opinion; I assume this is a bad review, so you must have deliberately searched for a bad review of the book, rather than an objective one.

This is no surprise and it neatly summarises the process that you use when responding; contradiction, cheap cliches, derision, sensationalism, and loaded questions are your tools of choice rather than an intellectual engagement, and you wonder why nobody on this forum takes you seriously.   

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I agree.

I think they are getting fired because the people that pay them don't like what they are saying. A good reason not to have state sponsored media. The US is getting worse and worse. 

It's a business, not a free speech platform. Start your own and run it as you see fit. I've been kicked off the site countless times. 

No, there is not only grey. There is mostly black and white, and there is some grey. Pretending otherwise is just a weak, limp-di*k dodge. 

This sounds like justification for Palestine's revenge. 

I agree that everyone that everyone should follow the rules. The world would certainly be a better place for it. 

It wasn’t mean as “justification” for Palestine revenge, nothing can justify it. It was meant as an explanation as to perhaps why it has happened.

Regarding Black & White, there are arguments both for and against Israel’s response in Gaza.  Hundreds of thousands of ordinary people are protesting across the world against it, they are not wrong, and nor is Israel wrong for doing what they are doing.

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Claiming your not a Hamas apologist when you clearly post the exact definition of what an apologist is, needs calling out.

Brian, it’s comments like this that damage your position.

It is completely unreasonable to accuse someone of being a Hamas apologist, an antisemite or whatever because their post is balanced and objective. 

You made a personal attack, it was unwarranted and IMHO a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The commentary about Palestinians on this thread is a thousandfold worse than anything said about Israeli's or Jews.

The playing field is far from level when it comes to what is deemed acceptable when discussing either side of this conflict.

One person has, in your opinion, made an antisemitic comment and you then leap to the conclusion that all those opposed to you are antisemites who support Hamas.

I'm getting flashbacks of the 1930's and 40's.

That's your opinion, again.

What I posted regarding them two posters was fact.

The 'playing field' depends on the venue. I get it you are not happy with this not being an all out Israel bashing one.

You could try and make your point within the bounds indicated - if even half of what you claim is true that should be enough to do so.

I did not blame all posters opposed to my views as being anti-semites, though. I limited such comments to obvious cases of, as in said two posters. Normally, it's not an accusation I freely toss about. You're either lying or confusing me with other posters.

What you' pretend getting flashbacks of in of no interest, just your usual hyperbole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

They should, but it's not something terrorists are known for doing.

It is Israel constantly claiming the moral high ground, why aren't their actions matching their words?

They've killed far too many Jews and created a pretext for many, many more Palestinians to be killed by Israel.

Have Israel killed too many kids yet?

Should they stop the indiscriminate bombing?

The poster you replied to commented on 'Palestinians/Hamas'. Your reply deals with Hamas alone.

This is a cop out. Why don't Palestinians speak against Hamas? Why aren't they expected to?

• Thanks 2

"Peace will come when Israeli's love all children more than they love land that is not theirs.".... Mr MojoRisin 2023

Love all children more than Hamas do; well,  that won’t be very difficult will it.

“The world hates a Jew who hits back; the world loves us only when we are to be pitied.”  ……… Golda Meir

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Brian, it’s comments like this that damage your position.

It is completely unreasonable to accuse someone of being a Hamas apologist, an antisemite or whatever because their post is balanced and objective. 

You made a personal attack, it was unwarranted and IMHO a mistake.

It was not intended at you I thought I made that clear, apologies if not. It was however firmly intended for another couple of posters who have provided clear evidence that their posts were not balanced or objective. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could either Morch or Mojo add a avatar to their profile picture?

You both have green "M"s as your profile photo and its not always immediately apparent who is who 

You are right.

I was actually looking in my files for my old avatar, but can't find it, and can't be bothered cropping it again to fit forum software.

Time for a change anyway, I suppose, just no ideas so far.

Suggestions by PM are welcome.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It was not intended at you I thought I made that clear, apologies if not. It was however firmly intended for another couple of posters who have provided clear evidence that their posts were not balanced or objective. 

Sorry if I misunderstood you

• Like 1

As far as I am concerned, all bombing of residential areas is carpet bombing.

"Precision bombing" is the mother of all oxymorons.

There is no such thing.

There are 3,000 dead children irrefutably proving this to be true.

Your idiosyncrasies are not the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some posts with unattributed photos have been removed, please see our Community Standards

This notice is pinned at the top of this forum:

The War in Israel

Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

Also please take note of the following forum rule:

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency, and must include a link to the original source.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

It wasn’t mean as “justification” for Palestine revenge, nothing can justify it. It was meant as an explanation as to perhaps why it has happened.

Of course, it wasn't anymore intended as justification than is explaining that civilians can be killed when terrorist targets are bombed is justification for Israel bombing hamas in civilian areas. 

17 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Regarding Black & White, there are arguments both for and against Israel’s response in Gaza.  Hundreds of thousands of ordinary people are protesting across the world against it, they are not wrong, and nor is Israel wrong for doing what they are doing.

Not clear how that addresses what I said. If you want to claim no one is wrong, then everyone is right. I think that is silly. 

47 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

It's evidence of indiscriminate Israeli carpet bombing of civilians.

An unattributed photo is not an evidence.

Picture of a dead person is not an evidence of 'carpet bombing'.

Carpet bombing does not mean any bombing.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Love all children more than Hamas do; well,  that won’t be very difficult will it.

“The world hates a Jew who hits back; the world loves us only when we are to be pitied.”  ……… Golda Meir

Another Golda Meir quote: "We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children," she said. "But we can never forgive them for forcing us to kill their children."