ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

Right to survive?

You think a rag tag bunch of jihadists can end Israel, a state with full access to US funding and state of the art weaponry?

The eternal victim card doesn’t play anymore.

Oct 7th didn't go down too well now did and that threat needs to be minimised so the threat of another savage sadistic in Israel is less likely than a month ago, things seem to be going to plan.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Well I would love to respond, but Google translate or your English teacher has made a mishmash of whatever you are trying to say. And its probably off topic anyway.

You mean you don't understand what I am trying to say? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Even an Israeli Human Rights Group say there is Apartheid in Israel. 

https://www.btselem.org/topic/apartheid

B’Tselem – Less Reliability and Credibility, More Politics

B’Tselem’s flawed reporting is relied-upon by Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) organizations for their anti-Israel campaigns.

In one of B’Tzelem’s recent publications entitled “Israel in the West Bank: 47 Years of Temporary Occupation,”3 this mélange of flawed factual and legal analysis, as well as partisan political prognostications and criticism, are particularly evident, undermining any purported claim to reliability by B’Tselem.

B’Tselem acknowledges on the one hand that the term “occupation” is a legal term describing the status of a territory seized in armed conflict and not being part of the occupier’s own sovereign territory, pending diplomatic agreement determining the status of the territory. However, on the other hand, B’Tselem goes on to make unsubstantiated and reckless political value-judgments that Israel “apparently considers the West Bank, and particularly Area C, as its own, a part of its sovereign territory,” and that “one of its policy objectives is to drive Palestinians out of Area C, at least in part to facilitate its future annexation to Israel.”

https://jcpa.org/article/btselem-less-reliability-credibility/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Israel did not create Hamas, Israel helped create Hamas:

Hamas would not exist in its current form without Israeli involvement

https://www.tbsnews.net/hamas-israel-war/how-israel-went-helping-create-hamas-bombing-it-718378

No. Hamas was already 'created', no matter how you spin things. And that was the comment I was replying to.

It would be correct to say that Israel tried to exploit or manipulate Hamas, and failed. But it's not quite the same thing as 'created'.

• Thumbs Up 2

Again, you’re simply too eager to score points to bother properly reading AND comprehending a post before replying.

If it is a logical (and fair) question to ask what led up to the brutal IDF actions against the wheelchair individuals - inferring that perhaps the preceding actions of the victims somehow provoked or influenced the nature of the response, then why would the same logic not apply to the October 7 attacks.

Of course, we all know that the same logic does apply but pro Israeli apologists do find it rather awkward to discuss Israel’s awful behaviour and so skirt the issue by applying a healthy dose of hypocrisy.

I'm eager for you to acknowledge that this topic got boundaries, and that they were set and communicated more than once.

• Like 2

No, I’m all for diverse media.

State controlled media in Australia produce the best, most reliable accurate and honest news products by far.

Are you afraid of hearing alternative viewpoints or having your “facts” challenged?

Australia is a democracy, Qatar isn't. Not same same. Lame try.

• Thanks 1

Vilifying Hamas, justified or not, does not excuse Israeli war crimes and crimes against humanity.

That schtick no longer works.

You seem to be doing the opposite non-stop, though.

🤣🤣👏

And where is Netanyahu’s son?

Abroad. Already discussed as well.

Do either of his sons dictate the future of Israelis, the same way Hamas leaders do for Gazans?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

One thing that side does not understand is the force of history.

They have seen enterprising upstarts come and go .The ottomans, all short of crusaders draped in the guise of the cross , the Brits,and now this.  and yet they persevered. 

They definitely will not be the ones   history names as the ones who lost it. They rather die to the last. 

They do not want to become, what Ephialtes was to Leonidas. Do you know what the Greeks call a nightmare? even almost 3,000 years later.A derivative to that hated name. 

People in that region do not see the world in 60, , 100 or even a thousand years. 

image.png.19a0b7e4fe6bd46ff9a34275891d80e7.png

IMO the strength of the Jews was and is their internationalism.

Things things in a part of the world get bad? Pick up and go where things are better.  The creation of Israel was IMO a mistake that has trapped them in the quagmire of the trap of nationalism, where unreasonable  amounts of  life and gold is spend to defend it. 

Oh, so you decided that Jews do not deserve a  country ? Or even, if I got your drift, unfit to have one. That's cute.

How did not having a country work out for Jews in the past?

• Thanks 2

US says Hamas puts children 'in danger'

The White House has responded to UN Secretary-General's comments yesterday that Gaza is "becoming a graveyard for children".

"Hamas is putting these children and their families in danger," US spokesman John Kirby said.

Speaking at a press conference, Kirby added that Hamas were "building tunnels under their hospitals" and using children as hostages.

Source BBC

• Thanks 2

The fish rots from the head!

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been “destroyed emotionally” by his massive failure on national security and is now miscalculating by preparing to take overall control of Gaza’s security for an “indefinite period” after Hamas has been crushed, according to former leader Ehud Olmert.

https://www.politico.eu/article/israel-gaza-war-benjamin-netanyahu-miscalculating-over-gaza-former-israeli-pm-ehud-olmert-says/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

Oh, so you decided that Jews do not deserve a  country ? Or even, if I got your drift, unfit to have one.

I have no idea where you get all that from what I said. The voices in your head must be very entertaining, but I suggest you resist the urge to listen to them, I mostly ignore mine. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The fish rots from the head!

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been “destroyed emotionally” by his massive failure on national security and is now miscalculating by preparing to take overall control of Gaza’s security for an “indefinite period” after Hamas has been crushed, according to former leader Ehud Olmert.

https://www.politico.eu/article/israel-gaza-war-benjamin-netanyahu-miscalculating-over-gaza-former-israeli-pm-ehud-olmert-says/

According to former leader. Ok

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Wow, you guys are batting at 1000.

Home run after home run.

Not a single source that has had anything negative to say about Israel has been sufficiently reputable or trustworthy.

Every single one has been heartily dismissed as unworthy of belief.

What an amazing coincidence it is.

That’s ok, you hang onto the former leader. Knock yourself out.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I have no idea where you get all that from what I said. The voices in your head must be very entertaining, but I suggest you resist the urge to listen to them, I mostly ignore mine. 

From the post I replied to:

IMO the strength of the Jews was and is their internationalism.

Things things in a part of the world get bad? Pick up and go where things are better.  The creation of Israel was IMO a mistake that has trapped them in the quagmire of the trap of nationalism, where unreasonable  amounts of  life and gold is spend to defend it. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308598-israel-is-at-war/page/305/#comment-18488291

If you meant something else, please explain.

Edited by Morch

14 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Former Israeli PM confirming what all rational people already knew - Israel has had no interest in a peaceful resolution for the past 15 years.

Netanyahu spent 15 years propping up Hamas to “thwart” a Palestinian state.

Imagine if they had genuinely wanted peace and not wasted 15 years - there’d certainly have never been an October 7th.

“If Israel produced a serious proposal for two-state negotiations it would have a dramatic impact on the international community. It would give us more space and time to achieve the aims of our military operations — it would have an impact on public opinion in Western countries and in the media. It would show Israel is committed to doing something it hasn’t wanted to in the past 15 years. So, something positive could come out of all of this. But we’re not doing it, and no one wants to think about it. No one wants to spell it out. No one wants to say it.”

Yes, and?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

From the post I replied to:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308598-israel-is-at-war/page/305/#comment-18488291

If you meant something else, please explain.

Again I still don't know what you are talking , show me where I sad or implied that they don't deserve their own country. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Again I still don't know what you are talking , show me where I sad or implied that they don't deserve their own country. 

When you claim the creation of the country was a mistake, and reference Jews' supposed 'internationalism' as their strength. What it amounts to, the way I read it is that the first part targets the country's existence, the second implying that nationalism (it it's 'neutral' meaning) is not for them.

4 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Nothing of what led up to it?

Why would that be important?

After all, we’re 300 pages in of being told nothing before October 7 is relevant.

🤣🤣🤷

Had the IDF raped his wife and daughter and lit them on fire while he watched, and then cut his head off, then nothing of what led up to it would mater. 

Being rammed intentionally repeatedly by someone in a wheelchair gets old pretty quick. 

In any event, I thought it was a genocide, why did the not just kill everyone? 

4 hours ago, Thorgal said:

I've talked about the evidence that is irrefutable.

I didn't say that the editor or news channel is irrefutable.

Try harder.

That you have talked about the "evidence" is irrefutable. 

But the evidence you have talked about is not irrefutable.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

So former leader who undoubtably has  some better insight than you or I about Netanyahu's "motivations" can be summarily  dismissed by yourself? 

He may.

But he may also be biased toward a political rival.

They been to court not long ago - was kinda funny.