ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Just a thought, shouldn't Israel stop the bombing on Saturdays because of their religion?

I have a friend who couldn't come to my party a couple of years ago because he couldn't even drive his car on a Saturday. 

I think that Jewish religious context of rules and traditions changes in times of war.

https://ph.yhb.org.il/en/01-27-12/#:~:text=Specifically%2C a milĥemet mitzva completely,war has no Shabbat limitations.

Edited by Thorgal

29 minutes ago, Morch said:

From the link posted:

and the following paragraph said:

“The need to safely transport wounded people to hospitals is critical in armed conflicts, so the laws of war provide special protections for ambulances used solely for this purpose,” said Lama Fakih, Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch. “For the Israeli authorities to claim that their deadly November 3 attack on an ambulance in a crowded area was lawful, they need to do more than just insist that Palestinian fighters were using an ambulance as transport.”

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

It doesn't if it’s full of Hamas terrorists nursing their AK-47’s

International humanitarian law, or the laws of war, requires warring parties to collect and care for the wounded and sick. Ambulances, like hospitals, have special protection. They may not be targeted if being used to provide medical care of any kind, including to treat enemy fighters.

Ambulances and other medical transportation must be allowed to function and be protected in all circumstances. They must be presumed to be civilian and lose their protection only if they are being used to commit “acts harmful to the enemy,” such as transporting ammunition or healthy fighters. Using an ambulance for military operations would raise grave concerns for the safety of patients and medical workers in violation of the laws of war.

Human Rights Watch did not find evidence that the ambulance was being used for military purposes, however.

26 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Last Palestinian elections were from 2006 (+/- 3.600.000 population).

Palestinian 2023 demographics are +/- 50% of its population (+/- 5.300.000) is younger than 18 years old (minimum voting age).

If you're not obliged to vote, this means that only a certain proportion is represented, but not all.

The Palestinians who voted Hamas (long time ago) where with +/- 2.000.000 less at election times.

The kids -18y (trend of +/- 50% of population for 2006 and 2023) old can't vote.

Not all Palestinians in Gaza + West Bank who voted Hamas in 2006 want to do any harm to Israeli population.

Only estimated +/- 40.000 Gazans are Hamas soldiers/militants.

Thus, the figure of Hamas supporters that want to "eradicate Israel" today is much lower than +/- 1.728.000 and might be higher and even lower today than +/- 40.000.

So, what do you think the number is? Even at halt that, its 16 out of a hundred and 860,000 Palestinians that want to eradicate Israel. 

That seems like a lot of people to me. 

Incidentally, I think the 32% came from one of your posts, how funny is that? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Just a thought, shouldn't Israel stop the bombing on Saturdays because of their religion?

I have a friend who couldn't come to my party a couple of years ago because he couldn't even drive his car on a Saturday. 

Yeah, that's what they told you anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

I know this might be a little uncomfortable for you but have you forgotten Hamas use Civvies as Human shields using Hospitals, Schools even Scouts clubs to launch their Attacks you understand this don't you Chef 

I'm very comfortable, thankyou, and I understand fully where you're coming from, but this is about targeting ambulances in a war zone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

So, what do you think the number is? Even at halt that, its 16 out of a hundred and 860,000 Palestinians that want to eradicate Israel. 

That seems like a lot of people to me. 

Incidentally, I think the 32% came from one of your posts, how funny is that? 

I didn't post the 32% figure.

Democratic voting requires to understand a minimum of a political program.

A political program includes legal, social, religious, education, political, economic, etc. improvements, read promises. 

Once you accept the majority of a political program you can go to vote.

There's no license to kill for Israel to all Palestinians (Gaza+West Bank) once the election has been won by the majority of votes.

Some people voted for Hamas without intent of supporting the military branch. After all it's a religious branch originating from the Muslim Brotherhood.

Why asking this Palestinian subjective question and figure to me after realizing that the previous over-exaggerated numbers and target group (kids included) were false.

11 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I'm very comfortable, thankyou, and I understand fully where you're coming from, but this is about targeting ambulances in a war zone.

Israel are targeting ambulances that transport the Hamas terrorists and also to carry weapons for the terrorists, Hamas thought that was the safest way to get around and oh how wrong they were. But why do you want to believe a terrorist organisation it defies all logic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Israel are targeting ambulances that transport the Hamas terrorists and also to carry weapons for the terrorists, Hamas thought that was the safest way to get around and oh how wrong they were. But why do you want to believe a terrorist organisation it defies all logic. 

International humanitarian law, or the laws of war, requires warring parties to collect and care for the wounded and sick. Ambulances, like hospitals, have special protection. They may not be targeted if being used to provide medical care of any kind, including to treat enemy fighters.

Ambulances and other medical transportation must be allowed to function and be protected in all circumstances. They must be presumed to be civilian and lose their protection only if they are being used to commit “acts harmful to the enemy,” such as transporting ammunition or healthy fighters. Using an ambulance for military operations would raise grave concerns for the safety of patients and medical workers in violation of the laws of war.

Human Rights Watch did not find evidence that the ambulance was being used for military purposes, however.

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Do you have any report and/or news outlet that confirmed that Hamas used the ambulances for military purposes in Gaza...? Thanks.

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Did you read my post, Hamas is using ambulances to transport terrorists and I am sure the Israeli intelligence is much more informed than anybody on the forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Needs must.

All over the world, ambulances are used to bring medical care to those in need. 

But in Gaza, Hamas seized control of the ambulances and uses them as discrete taxis for their terrorists.

Listen to a call where terrorists brag about their personal ambulance:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Did you read my post, Hamas is using ambulances to transport terrorists and I am sure the Israeli intelligence is much more informed than anybody on the forum.

Yes, I did read your post, can I suggest you read this one:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/11/07/gaza-israeli-ambulance-strike-apparently-unlawful

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Needs must.

All over the world, ambulances are used to bring medical care to those in need. 

But in Gaza, Hamas seized control of the ambulances and uses them as discrete taxis for their terrorists.

Listen to a call where terrorists brag about their personal ambulance:

Did you read the X(twitter) comments section : LOL + thanks

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Human Rights watch is not the investigative body

2 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Its all been discussed in earlier posts what Hamas are doing with Ambulances if you want to see the posts about this Bud just go back move on.

You read this and you move on, I trust Human Rights Watch a little bit more here.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/11/07/gaza-israeli-ambulance-strike-apparently-unlawful

• Haha 1

Humanitarian laws are indeed in place and are usually adhered to but where terrorists are in the frame Humanitarian rules are out of the window its also against the Geneva Convention to kidnap civilians and use them as hostages. So before you go down that Rd Chef i wouldn't quote references of Humanity

18 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Do you have any report and/or news outlet that confirmed that Hamas used the ambulances for military purposes in Gaza...? Thanks.

Yes I do. But do you think that Hamas doesn't have it in them to do such a despicable crime, after all they are as pure as the driven snow in some of the posters eyes on here.🥴

Nov 3 (Reuters) - The Israeli military said on Friday that one of its aircraft hit an ambulance which soldiers assessed was being used by a Hamas unit close to their position in the battle zone.

It said a number of Hamas fighters were killed in the strike and said it had information that Hamas used ambulances to transport fighters and weapons.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-military-says-hit-an-ambulance-being-used-by-hamas-2023-11-03/

Edited by Wobblybob
Spelling
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Humanitarian laws are indeed in place and are usually adhered to but where terrorists are in the frame Humanitarian rules are out of the window its also against the Geneva Convention to kidnap civilians and use them as hostages. So before you go down that Rd Chef i wouldn't quote references of Humanity

The United Nations Human Rights Council’s Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and Israel, should investigate the attack, Human Rights Watch said. On October 10, the Commission of Inquiry noted there was “clear evidence” of war crimes in Israel and Gaza and that it would share information with relevant judicial authorities, especially the International Criminal Court (ICC).

The ICC prosecutor has jurisdiction over the current hostilities between Israel and Palestinian armed groups that covers unlawful conduct by all parties. The ICC’s Rome Statute prohibits as a war crime “[i]ntentionally directing attacks against … medical units and transport.” Israeli and Palestinian officials should cooperate with the commission and the ICC in their work.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Yes, I did read your post, can I suggest you read this one:

Human Rights Watch.....you cannot be serious! Where do they get their intel from?

The international non-governmental organization Human Rights Watch (HRW) has been the subject of extensive criticism from a number of observers. Critics of HRW include the national governments it has investigated, the media, and its former chairman Robert L. Bernstein.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Human_Rights_Watch#:~:text=The international non-governmental organization,Bernstein.

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The United Nations Human Rights Council’s Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and Israel, should investigate the attack, Human Rights Watch said. On October 10, the Commission of Inquiry noted there was “clear evidence” of war crimes in Israel and Gaza and that it would share information with relevant judicial authorities, especially the International Criminal Court (ICC).

The ICC prosecutor has jurisdiction over the current hostilities between Israel and Palestinian armed groups that covers unlawful conduct by all parties. The ICC’s Rome Statute prohibits as a war crime “[i]ntentionally directing attacks against … medical units and transport.” Israeli and Palestinian officials should cooperate with the commission and the ICC in their work.

Says it all 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1