ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

9 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Yes, optimistic yes. Fanciful, maybe.

Treat Palestinians and Israelis as equals and both now entitled to viable fair shares to the region.

Acknowledge the past and its mistakes and move on.

I'd recommend a field trip, but wouldn't want that on my conscience.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

It’s not going to bring the dead back though is it?

In fact, it probably just guarantees  there’ll be more unnecessary death on both sides in the days, months and years ahead.

Maybe it’s time to give peace a chance.

What would Yitzak Rabin do?

He'd break their arms and legs, to start with. Look for the quote.

Then he'd do exactly what the current government is doing, but way more efficiently.

After he was done with the Hamas, he'd think about what's next.

Never a long term planner, according to his wife.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

It's because he keeps getting the recorded message:

"Hamas Central is not available right now. Please leave your contact details, and terrorist representative will contact you as soon as possible.".

Israel has shut off the phones along with the power and water. 
For victims always on the defensive, they sure do exercise a lot of power and control over their enemies.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Yes, optimistic yes. Fanciful, maybe.

Treat Palestinians and Israelis as equals and both now entitled to viable fair shares to the region.

Acknowledge the past and its mistakes and move on.

I agree, treat them as equals and let them fight until on surrenders. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

For victims always on the defensive, they sure do exercise a lot of power and control over their enemies.

Oh dear, but they are not carpet bombing then.............😂

Edited by transam
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

Communications are back up since yesterday. It was a short term thing aimed at letting troops in.

I've managed to contact people there, so bet others can to.

I don't know about victims - seems like it's constant card you play.

• Thumbs Up 2

In first, Arrow system used to down missile from ‘Red Sea’; Houthis claim UAV attack

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-first-arrow-system-used-to-down-missile-from-red-sea-houthis-claim-uav-attack/

Iran is not as heavily invested in the Houthis as it is in Hezbollah, and harder for Israel to retaliate, so makes sense.

On a positive note, at least that Arrow system proved itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Russia blames antisemitic airport riot on Ukraine, West; US: It resembled ‘pogroms’

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-blames-antisemitic-mob-rampage-at-dagestan-airport-on-ukraine-and-the-west/

Too funny #1, and too obvious. Doubt Ukraine got much pull down there, or much traction with Islamists.

Ex-Fatah strongman Dahlan calls for postwar democracy in Gaza, including Hamas

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ex-fatah-strongman-dahlan-calls-for-postwar-democracy-in-gaza-including-hamas/

Too funny #2, every time there's a major crisis in Gaza this guy pops up. Maybe this his chance, finally.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

Russia blames antisemitic airport riot on Ukraine, West; US: It resembled ‘pogroms’

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-blames-antisemitic-mob-rampage-at-dagestan-airport-on-ukraine-and-the-west/

Too funny #1, and too obvious. Doubt Ukraine got much pull down there, or much traction with Islamists.

Ex-Fatah strongman Dahlan calls for postwar democracy in Gaza, including Hamas

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ex-fatah-strongman-dahlan-calls-for-postwar-democracy-in-gaza-including-hamas/

Too funny #2, every time there's a major crisis in Gaza this guy pops up. Maybe this his chance, finally.

• Confused 1

On 10/7/2023 at 8:02 PM, Thorgal said:

When the Hamas militants of Gaza will reach the Hamas factions of the West Bank you have a different situation.

It can spread in uncontrollable urban warfare in all directions over the Israeli territories. 

If additional Hezbollah militia is coming from the north you know now already that you're outnumbered with your IDF military personnel.

What happened when the Hamas factions of Gaza met with he Hamas factions of the West bank ?

Did they unite,  surge North and then join up with Hezbollah coming down from Lebanon ?

When do you expect the united Gazians, West bankers and Hezbollah to declare victory over the Zionists ?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, coolcarer said:

Muslim and Christians within Israel have equal rights and many become parliamentarians, judges, diplomats, public health officials, and IDF generals. About 1.7 million Muslims live in Israel with a yearly population growth. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Israel

Interesting, thanks. Are the Muslims in Israel Israeli citizens?

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

is that how it works in your World deejai33 kidnap rape butcher murder civilians but hey forgive and forget ?

Ultimately, politicians and their citizens do move on from attrocities. Yes.  

It might sound callous, unfeeling, inhuman.  But that is what happens in the political world.  Its the fate of millions of people which is being decided by politicians.

Is that how the political world works ?

I think the pro-israeli guys need to stop listing details of gruesome attrocities in every post.  We all agree hamas committed attrocities.  

Why keep writing about rape, beheading babies, removing fetus's over and over and over ?  A few times, OK, but in almost every post?

Up to you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You only added this line to try and kid everyone that you have a sense of impartiality. Who in their right mind would think that people who cut open a pregnant woman while she was still alive and removed her unborn baby, beheaded it in front of her and then beheaded her, would be willing to give full access to ICC investigators … you either think we are all gullible enough to be fooled by your obvious ploy, or you exist in a parallel dimension.

More details of how unborn babies are removed from mothers.

As I've posted elsewhere, we all agree this is wrong.  No need to mention it in every post you make.

Regards your point.  The event you describe in detail, happened in Israel.  I would think Israel would be willing for ICC investigators to see the scene.  Clearly a potential war crime.  But ICC has not been allowed into israel as far as I can tell.  See the ICC web site for details.  Not allowed into gaza either  (by israel?)

https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/statement-icc-prosecutor-karim-khan-kc-cairo-situation-state-palestine-and-israel

24 minutes ago, deejai33 said:

Ultimately, politicians and their citizens do move on from attrocities. Yes.  

It might sound callous, unfeeling, inhuman.  But that is what happens in the political world.  Its the fate of millions of people which is being decided by politicians.

Is that how the political world works ?

I think the pro-israeli guys need to stop listing details of gruesome attrocities in every post.  We all agree hamas committed attrocities.  

Why keep writing about rape, beheading babies, removing fetus's over and over and over ?  A few times, OK, but in almost every post?

Up to you.

6 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Here we go again another classic from Bud Costello.

So no coverage of the 40 beheaded baby funerals then?

5 hours ago, James105 said:

Any Israelis still alive who were responsible for whatever happened in 1895 then I absolutely agree they should apologise.   If they are all dead then the people alive today are not any more responsible than I am for whatever my great, great, great grandparents did during that period.   

Interesting.  I think its not so cut and dry.  

You focus on an individuals responsibility.  Yes, you are not responsible for what your grandfather did.  Although what if your familes wealth came from slave owning ?

But at the state/nation level its different.  If a state did 'bad' things and that resulted in great wealth for its citizens later on, then I think the state can be held accountable.  The state endures over time, even if individuals do not.

Many examples of states apologizing and making reparations. In UK currently, a kenya massacre is one such example.

Edited by deejai33

5 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Your wrong deejai33 its about Israel at war now as the Thread title says not what happened a 100 years ago.

The current war did not happen in a vacuum.  As UN leader said.

Many posts here refer to causes and both sides historical grievances.