What do you think is the biggest threat to humanity/civilization?

jvs

7 hours ago, SuperSaiyan said:

I assume you must be trolling, as no one can be so clueless, and no, I am not validating your rant by a lengthy response.

I have to agree with him on this one. Trump has proven to be the worst president we've ever had. Of course, like all presidents who have Congress to answer to, he's done some things that are good, many of which were other's ideas, but I knew this man's character long before he became president, and sadly, half of my family actually likes him. People are blind because they think because he's a billionaire, he must be smart and could help our economy. He was given millions before he did anything, and used those millions to create more, something anyone with any intelligence at all could do, especially if they have help. He made a billion dollar wall, which hasn't stopped the daily illegals entering, wasting money that could have gone towards something a lot more helpful, like homeless families and those with PTSD. He is a malignant narcissist, something which many leaders have, and something which doesn't help others but is used to control. He had enough money so he wanted to be God. Many have turned against him because they've opened their eyes. Hopefully he gets what he deserves and disappears from our view.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump must live in his head given by the number of hate filled posts he writes about the man.

When he says things like "He is the first POTUS since Herbert Hoover to leave office with fewer Americans employed than when he took office." without mentioning the covid epidemic it goes to show his overwhelming "dislike" of him.

I had to put him on ignore long ago because of his hate filled posts.

It isn't hate when you're telling the truth. It's common knowledge. I don't think much about Trump, as he doesn't affect me anymore, and hopefully won't, seeing he might go to jail for what he did illegally. It is what it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

It isn't brilliance but just his character. He's not a very intelligent man, with the vocabulary of a child in middle school. Anyone who can't see through his bull**it is blind. Just using Covid as an example, where his hesitation cost the lives of thousands of Americans......................https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/22/politics/fact-check-trump-coronavirus-false-claims-march/index.html

OK, I like him because he riles up the woke snowflakes. Is that better?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't worry about such opinions as the haters have though, as he's a billionaire, has an attractive wife, a beautiful daughter, lives in that Florida mansion, and was even POTUS. Who's a winner, between him, or posters that sit in mummy's basement and post hate because they have no life?

• Thanks 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't worry about such opinions as the haters have though, as he's a billionaire, has an attractive wife, a beautiful daughter, lives in that Florida mansion, and was even POTUS. Who's a winner, between him, or posters that sit in mummy's basement and post hate because they have no life?

2 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

what about drugs?

what if all drugs are legalized?

combined with jobs being replaced by AI and people have nothing to do and are on (hard) drugs all the time. 

Not that many people use illegal drugs, or at least not worse than weed. Most people have a life so they don't need to use cocaine or heroin etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The US citizens are winners when he's put away, when he isn't allowed to be president any longer. Being a billionaire isn't much if you're a misogynist racist that more and more are disliking daily. If he goes to jail, which he should, his money might buy him some things but he'll still be confined. His wife might be attractive, but I'm sure she also despises him. I don't think any posters here actually live with their mums, seeing this is a forum for Thai expats and those that visited here. A billionaire, if you didn't know, isn't a better person because of his money, doesn't live any longer because of it, and especially seeing what kind of character he is, doesn't have any real friends and only ones that are there to share the wealth in some way. People that have that much money and don't do anything constructive with it are useless.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not that many people use illegal drugs, or at least not worse than weed. Most people have a life so they don't need to use cocaine or heroin etc.

Not that many people use illegal drugs? This does sound like someone hiding in their "mum's" basement without any TV or computer access. There are millions of people addicted to heroin, cocaine , yaba, and meth users and millions more addicted to drugs prescribed by doctors. Everyone has a life. Some waste it by letting themselves be controlled by drugs and alcohol.

"What do you think is the biggest threat to humanity/civilization?"

Interesting question. Just by coincidence, last week I happen to review an old George Carlin interview, taped just one year before he died.

And while it is long (1:20:22)...at 1:14:00, he gives his opinion to this very question. And unfortunately, I happen to totally agree with his (most likely not so popular) opinion about the Human Species.

Have a look, it only takes a minute to hear.

Edited by tkramer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It isn't brilliance but just his character. He's not a very intelligent man, with the vocabulary of a child in middle school. Anyone who can't see through his bull**it is blind. Just using Covid as an example, where his hesitation cost the lives of thousands of Americans......................https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/22/politics/fact-check-trump-coronavirus-false-claims-march/index.html

Doesn't your god advocate forgiveness?

36 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Not that many people use illegal drugs? This does sound like someone hiding in their "mum's" basement without any TV or computer access. There are millions of people addicted to heroin, cocaine , yaba, and meth users and millions more addicted to drugs prescribed by doctors. Everyone has a life. Some waste it by letting themselves be controlled by drugs and alcohol.

You seem to be including legal drugs in your nonsense.

45 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

His wife might be attractive, but I'm sure she also despises him.

I suspect your former wives (all 3) also despise you.

going a bit off topic now,

Was out with a pal having an Indian meal Friday night.

Brit guy with his Thai wife (plenty of tats) sitting next to us.

She was looking at him as if he was dog poo she had just stepped in.

My pal and I concluded most wives seem to look at their husbands as if they were dog poo. And the strange thing is the husbands never seem to notice these looks.

It's not just a feature of Thai wives either.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1