Accused gambling MP sits on Anti-Corruption Committee, claims Thai Patriots Network leader

webfact

image.jpeg

Srisuwan Janya, the leader of the Thai Patriots Network, revealed that a member of Ratchaburi’s House of Representatives, previously accused of gambling in a viral video, sits on the Anti-Corruption Committee.

This is a committee that is highly contested, especially when the individual was a member of the Blue Party during his tenure as a Ratchaburi representative.

Despite the selection of 35 committees as per the constitution under Article 129 and regulations 90 – 91, each composed of 15 members, the process is not as straightforward.

A representative can only sit on a maximum of two committees, with nominations submitted by each party until complete. However, this does not mean that any representative can nominate themselves for any committee.

by Samantha Rose

Picture courtesy of bangkokbiznews

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite the selection of 35 committees as per the constitution under Article 129 and regulations 90 – 91, each composed of 15 members, the process is not as straightforward

Of that I have no doubts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Srisuwan Janya, the leader of the Thai Patriots Network, revealed that a member of Ratchaburi’s House of Representatives, previously accused of gambling in a viral video, sits on the Anti-Corruption Committee.

Gambling Committee Member: "Srisuwan, I see your revelation, and I raise you a middle finger!"

• Haha 1