Youtube

Gandtee

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

YouTube is monetizing all popular clips, hoping to get people to subscribe to its Premium service. Either way, it makes money.

I just wait the ads out for 5 seconds, then click on "skip ads" which appears at the bottom RHS.

Me too.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's not the first thread on this and maybe not the last.

Up to now I can get around by using unspoiled Chrome (no blockers) to search/browse for videos (incl. my subscribed channels).

Then copy the link and watch it in a Brave (browser) incognito window.

Last resort if that fails too would be pasting the link to WinX Youtube downloader and watch the video with an external viewer (VLC).

If that fails... I bite my desk.

If they look at the IP address another try would be using VPN (very inconvenient).

Just "invented" the idea this morning and can't guarantee it will work in all cases.

Now it's hackers of the world against Google to circumvent.

I'll suffer the adds.???? I was just wondering if it was my computer/me problem.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

On mobile, use YouTube Revanced, NewPipe, or watch in Firefox browser with the UBlock Origin extension installed.

On PC, watch in the Firefox browser with uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger installed.

Love to but can't install Firefox on Android TV for some reason, plus Playstore has deleted Adaware and Adblock so can't install them either.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Love to but can't install Firefox on Android TV for some reason, plus Playstore has deleted Adaware and Adblock so can't install them either.

Download and install firefox apk from github, need a mouse to use it though.

Try smarttubenext (same as youtube almost) can also download and install from github. It is adfree.

Edited by freeworld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Except when after the 1st ad they jump immediately to a 2nd ad and infrequently it goes to a 3rd ad.

IME a quick click as the first ad times out is all that's needed. YMMV.

• Confused 1

I only watch YouTube on my PC because trying to watch YouTube videos on my Android phone is infuriating. Not only the  many ads but also the mutation they call a user interface on their phone version. No ads on my PC because of FireFox and the AdBlock Plus addon. I also download many videos using 4KDownloader if I think I ever want to watch them again, such as my favourite music videos.

If on the rare occasion I want to watch YouTube videos on my TV or home theatre, I just use my PC as the internet connection and local area Wi-Fi to connect to the TV or projector, no ads.

Edited by Dexxter
  • Confused 1

Just received popup warnings from Youtube telling me the use of adblockers is not allowed, this is after using blockers for more than 10 years. What are they going to do, block me viewing Youtube unless I comply?

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Just received popup warnings from Youtube telling me the use of adblockers is not allowed, this is after using blockers for more than 10 years. What are they going to do, block me viewing Youtube unless I comply?

Which adblock are you using?

What is the OS?

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Firefox, Adblock Plus, Adblocker Ultimate and uBlock Origin.

OK I think the culprits are adblock ultimate and adblock plus. Try uninstall that adblock ultimate and adblock plus.

Normally ublock origin should be enough (enable and update more filters in settings if you want), install privacy badger as well and that should cover it.

Edited by freeworld

28 minutes ago, freeworld said:

OK I think the culprits are adblock ultimate and adblock plus. Try uninstall that adblock ultimate and adblock plus.

Normally ublock origin should be enough (enable and update more filters in settings if you want), install privacy badger as well and that should cover it.

Thanks, but my question is what can they do if I don't remove adblockers?

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

What are they going to do, block me viewing Youtube unless I comply?

That's what I understand is their intention.

When logged in with your Google account they will notice you using adblockers and sooner or later they might lock your account out from youtube.

What browser are you using and what device?

Above I described a method which seems too complicated for some.

It's basically using an alternate browser that is free any blockers (logging in to your Google account) and just search/browse for videos that interest you (from your subscribed channels e.g.)

Copy link (no need to open video) and watch video in yet another browser named "Brave" in incognito mode.

So far it works fine.

Next resort: copy link and use a down-loader like "WinX".

Edited by KhunBENQ