American Tourist Arrested for Stabbing Incident in Chiang Mai

webfact

Wish all the rogues would remain in their own countries. People make light of this, but this kind of carry-on won't be good for foreigners in the long run. With all the bad press farang a-holes have been making lately, xenophobes in positions of power here could eventually see this kind of thing as opportunity to crackdown and make life more awkward for all. Just sayin.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JCauto said:

It's your contention that the main factor in shootings in America are because of diversity?

No, my contention is that the United States has ethnic and racial groups that have much higher homicide rates than Israel's Jews. In the United States, for example, African-Americans comprise 13% of the total population but they commit more than 50% of the nation's homicides. Latinos makeup about 18% of the population and have a homicide rate of around 20%.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, JCauto said:

You didn't write in Olde English fortunately or none of us would understand a word. 

And if you were to read out loud anything written in contemporary English orthography pronouncing every word exactly as it was written none of us would understand you. Hence, when English-speakers learn to read, they do so by memorizing the words, not by sounding them out. And for that very reason children in the English-speaking world are lagging two years behind their Finnish peers in Finland, where the written language is an exact representation of the spoken language.

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 4:18 PM, JCauto said:

I would have to spend some time correcting your grammar and spelling. That's also a good indicator of educational achievement. 

What a loss it is that you're leaving us. What wisdom we will miss! 

kudos for being one of the reasons im leaving....pat yourself on the back...such a hero !

I bet youre a hit with the ladies........esp when reaching for your wallet.......(slow clap)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

kudos for being one of the reasons im leaving....pat yourself on the back...such a hero !

I bet youre a hit with the ladies........esp when reaching for your wallet.......(slow clap)

You probably ran out of money

6 months no work no pension

Back to USA

10 hours ago, JCauto said:

I'd ask you for some evidence of that which might be considered credible but I think we both know that this is utter fantasy and nothing is forthcoming. 

Obviously you have no idea about real life in Thailand out side your bubble.  What happens in villages very rarely reaches the news especially Thai visa. The village I have a home in and wife's family are from is typical of Thailand if you have the ability to look. The only murder that reached thaivisa news was the school girl rapped and murdered (next village). You Obviously have no idea. 3 x drive by shootings several years ago in Trang (never got to the news). Reason jealous belief they were taking their business. Bar 2 drive by shootings last one two people hit and lived second was a new noodle shop. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, oslooskar said:

Absolutely, and long before you were defecating in your diapers.

Oh my. Best to take deep breaths and walk away from the keyboard at these moments.

Back to the OP, you wonder if he was a diagnosed mental back in the US and somehow able/allowed to travel. He should be in a mental institution, instead he is out travelling. His family might be relieved, even happy he is going to be staying for some time in Thailand. Garf.

Edited by Dcheech

17 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Let me get this straight, you're leaving this website because someone on these forums upset you????

Edited by oslooskar
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/13/2023 at 6:20 PM, BritManToo said:

Strange situation ........ why would he attack a middle aged Dutch person and his son?

From one of the prior news reports here:

"Arresting officers found a 15 centimetre knife in his pocket, along with a quantity of marijuana."

The plot, or should I say "pot", thickens.... ????

On 10/14/2023 at 4:32 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

So, uh, when is it you're leaving us? Note how "you're" is spelled. I normally don't attack posters for their spelling and grammar, but when they're combined with idiotic assertions, then I do take the low-hanging fruit. I'm just lazy that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2023 at 11:04 PM, BritScot said:

Obviously you have no idea about real life in Thailand out side your bubble.  What happens in villages very rarely reaches the news especially Thai visa. The village I have a home in and wife's family are from is typical of Thailand if you have the ability to look. The only murder that reached thaivisa news was the school girl rapped and murdered (next village). You Obviously have no idea. 3 x drive by shootings several years ago in Trang (never got to the news). Reason jealous belief they were taking their business. Bar 2 drive by shootings last one two people hit and lived second was a new noodle shop. 

You said "This could be correct as the media fail to report any crimes thwarted including attempted mass shooting by legal carry in America.  Far more prevented by right to carry." and I challenged that statement. The idea that the "media" which as far as I know includes Fox and One America Network would NOT broadcast an instance where a heavily-armed American prevented a crime is a joke. Of course they would.

I'm not sure what your discussion of Thai village life has to do with that, but I'm guessing that this is also incorrect. Perhaps you don't read Thai newspapers or follow Thai-language TV? Because I'm pretty sure they'd not just ignore three drive-by shootings in Trang or the rape and murder of a schoolgirl.

23 hours ago, JCauto said:

So, uh, when is it you're leaving us? Note how "you're" is spelled. I normally don't attack posters for their spelling and grammar, but when they're combined with idiotic assertions, then I do take the low-hanging fruit. I'm just lazy that way.

feel free to "ignore" me.....or just pass my posts......since you are triggered by an '.....typing on a netbook can be tricky but then im sure it can be tricky living in an Ivory Tower such as yours...

Are you counting the days?.....48 hrs.....if you want to send a fruit basket for me and your Mrs.

23 hours ago, JCauto said:

You said "This could be correct as the media fail to report any crimes thwarted including attempted mass shooting by legal carry in America.  Far more prevented by right to carry." and I challenged that statement. The idea that the "media" which as far as I know includes Fox and One America Network would NOT broadcast an instance where a heavily-armed American prevented a crime is a joke. Of course they would.

I'm not sure what your discussion of Thai village life has to do with that, but I'm guessing that this is also incorrect. Perhaps you don't read Thai newspapers or follow Thai-language TV? Because I'm pretty sure they'd not just ignore three drive-by shootings in Trang or the rape and murder of a schoolgirl.

The Great One has spoken......submit or feel the wrath......maybe put you up against Liverpool Lou