Retirement Visa Annual @Changwattana

HI

Yesterday someone posted on another thread i.r.t Retirement Visa Annual renewal "For my most recent (few weeks ago) they wanted a TM47 receipt and I also provided bank statements.

The previous year they were not happy with just my bankbook and photocopies of pages".  

I dm asking "Was this for the 800k or the 65k monthly ?"  - no reply yet

Any TV member recently done a Retirement Visa Annual @Changwattana based on 800k?  Did they ask for Bank Statements or were they satisfied with copies of the bank book and the Bank Letter confirming the deposit amount (usually dated the day before).

I appreciate a reply BUT please specific to Changwattana as different Immigration offices behave differently.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, retiree said:

were they satisfied with copies of the bank book and the Bank Letter confirming the deposit amount (usually dated the day before).

Normally CW require a transaction on day of application.

Bank letter is accepted up to 7 days early.

At CW most banks are located on lower level.

Best to do letter and  deposit on day of application.

SBC does not have branch at CW. 

• Like 1

@DrJack54  please try to be more specific - are you sure that you were doing the 800K and not the monthly 65k?   yesterday you posted saying "For my most recent (few weeks ago) they wanted a TM47 receipt and I also provided bank statements. The previous year they were not happy with just my bankbook and photocopies of pages"

The OP is about whether Bank Statements are required using the 800K method for annual extension based on retirement.

16 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

The OP is about whether Bank Statements are required using the 800K method for annual extension based on retirement.

I use money in bank method for extensions based on retirement CW.

The issue for my application Oct 2022 was that there were few months with zero entries.

I just have a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes.

They can also request Bank Statement if they think there were consolidated entries. 

They were going to reject until I asked for senior io.

This year (Oct 2023) I decided to provide bank statement.

At Kasikorn they can provide 12 month bank statement on the spot for 200b.

The next day I attended CW and obtained my bank letter (lower level) along with small deposit.

I also went to print/photocopy stall (same level) and photocopies of all the required docs.

Also some photos taken (4 pics 100b).

The other NEW requirement was TM47 

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You mention 'dedicated account' 

Did you make a transaction every month?

Doh, he said the 800k method.

I use the Combination Method, accepted by my IO in Phitsanulok.

I have a dedicated Immigration Account which only shows my monthly transfers via Wise, and a consequent withdrawal to my Current Living Account. The annual statement for this Immigration account is ONE page with 24 entries. 

So easy for IO to understand.

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:
48 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

The previous year they were not happy with just my bankbook and photocopies of pages"

But did they still give you the Extension?

I had exactly same experience in Oct 2022

After asking for senior io we had a chit chat and finally was accepted.

She made me write on my bundle of docs ..."next year I will provide bank statement"

Kid you not ..perhaps a face saving thing. 

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Doh, he said the 800k method.

I use the Combination Method, accepted by my IO in Phitsanulok.

I have a dedicated Immigration Account which only shows my monthly transfers via Wise, and a consequent withdrawal to my Current Living Account. The annual statement for this Immigration account is ONE page with 24 entries. 

So easy for IO to understand.

What's your point.

This thread is CW specific and the question is about money in bank method.

Not combination method 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

We use the same bank and so 'At Kasikorn they can provide 12 month bank statement on the spot for 200b" is very reassuring. 

Be aware that I think the link for CW appointment is down.

You can obtain 12 bank statements prior to day of application.

I did it day before. No issue.

I also provided photocopies of bank book pages. 

When I obtained Bank Letter on day of application I also made a 100b deposit and asked the lady to please photocopy this last page of bb so matches bank letter

Edited by DrJack54

I have been to Chaengwattana FOUR times recently (within the last 3 months) with people getting year extensions and EVERY time those people had the year transaction detail report (the one that's on like dot matrix printer paper with the perforations on the edges).

This was in addition to updating the bank book (when possible) the same day AND having the standard bank letter. I say when possible because one was a fixed deposit which only updates the account to show interest paid in.  

CASE 1
Was someone who used monthly international transfers, the officer really took time to go thru the year detail report and highlight the monthly transfers (some months had more than one but they totally 65k or more each month).

CASE 2
Was banked money on a dedicated account that had NO activity for months and months and to add more confusion the old bank book was recently stolen so the new bank book only had 3 months of data..
They REALLY wanted the year detail report along with the police report on this one because the current bank book didn't show balances every month (actually neither did the year statement but they didn't say anything)

CASE 3
Was banked money method with someone who has no ATM card or online app so he takes his passbook to the bank to make withdrawals.

In fact he had FOUR filled bank books for this last year !!

We provided copies of EACH page of EACH book. The officer asked for the year detail statement (which was EXACTLY what the copies on the bank book were transaction by transaction) in this case. I'd gotten it but told him to hold it back to see if he'd be asked for it, and he was..

CASE 4
Was fixed deposit account, and even on that (an account with NO activity but monthly interest payments) they asked for the year detail transaction report. They didn't seem to care that the bank book couldn't be updated that day though, as the last entry was interest paid the previous month.

Dunno how much that helps or not, but I can say with 100% accuracy this is exactly how it went out there.  

I would strongly recommend if you're doing an extension at Chaengwattana, getting the bank letter AND the detail yearly transaction report along with updating the bank book the day you apply for the extension.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

Was fixed deposit account, and even on that (an account with NO activity but monthly interest payments) they asked for the year detail transaction report

Did my annual extension at CW on Oct 4.

I use two  bank accounts.

FD and Savings account.

Made a deposit of 1000b into FD 

and 100b into Savings account.

Bank Statement for FD was not required. 

For those using 2 accounts (same bank) ask stuff to just provided one bank letter listing both accounts 100b 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did my annual extension at CW on Oct 4.

I use two  bank accounts.

FD and Savings account.

Made a deposit of 1000b into FD 

and 100b into Savings account.

Bank Statement for FD was not required. 

For those using 2 accounts (same bank) ask stuff to just provided one bank letter listing both accounts 100b 

Thx Jack, (I also use CW)
One observation, your report is quite clear, Fixed Deposit and Savings account. Quite often people use imprecise language, like separate account, Immigration account, dedicated account, etc, which I think compounds the misunderstanding/confusion on the statement requirement.

I suspect that the savings accounts (unless you're lucky) are likely guaranteed to have a statement required.  Fixed Deposit (unless you are very unlucky) are highly unlikely to have a statement requirement.

Reports seem mixed, with often imprecise language.  I've been using Fixed account for 20 years (full 800k untouched) and have never been asked for a statement (most recent visit in March 2023).  I'll roll the dice again next time around without a statement and see what happens.

Edited by expat_4_life

46 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

I suspect that the savings accounts (unless you're lucky) are likely guaranteed to have a statement required.  Fixed Deposit (unless you are very unlucky) are highly unlikely to have a statement requirement.

That sums it up.

The reason I use the FD and Savings is the FD bank Book comes out of the draw one a year.

The savings a/c ....I use for large transfers then use those funds as required.

Living expenses, Real estate etc.

Back to the io at CW ...She only glanced at the FD bank book.

Was meticulous with the savings account..

TBH. ......Not sure if the Bank Statement was required.

I had planned to hold it back and only provide if io demanded it.

Then report back to this forum.

Unfortunately I stuffed up and included it in my bundle of docs.

For the small effort it takes, next year I will obtain statement for Savings account. 

Quick question:

I will soon be looking at using a monthly deposit of 65K+ for a retirement visa.

Outside of bank summary of 12 months of documented international deposits into my Thai bank (and a recent letter from the Bank), a Yellow Book, and also including a 20 year Non-B visa...are there any other requirements (for Chiang Wattana)...?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tkramer

On 10/13/2023 at 8:20 AM, Finlaco said:

In my experience at BKK CW doing the 800K annual retirement extension with a single normal bank savings account, they do NOT normally ask for formal bank-issued statements UNLESS for some reason they're not satisfied with receiving the other normal things, which include:

--the bank letter confirming the balance in your account

--examining your bank passbook and finding a transaction recorded earlier that same day.

--receiving normal signed photocopies of your bankbook pages covering the past 12 month period.

But sometimes there might be a gap in transactions as printed in your bankbook or maybe you got a new bankbook during the year and depending on how the banks handle that, it may lead to Immigration asking for a formal printed 12-month statement from your bank. But that's not been the norm there.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

30 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

@TallGuyJohninBKK thanks ????

Look at your bank book.

See if there have been any months without a transaction or if you use account often there is a possibility of consolidated transactions.

In any event a 12 month  bank statement (other than Bangkok bank) can be issued on the spot 200b 

Not an issue.

Edited by DrJack54

On 10/13/2023 at 3:27 PM, tkramer said:

Outside of bank summary of 12 months of documented international deposits into my Thai bank

You have it covered.

Just make sure that your monthly transfers are shown to from abroad..

Your bank will know what you require.