Thailand awesome

bignok

Just now, Bunny Silverhand said:

You remind me of my nephew. He is going through that phase when kids are constantly provoking to test the limits and show the world they exist. It's true what they say. As you age, you become a kid again... Kinda poetic really.

You'll get there one day!

Just now, Bunny Silverhand said:

You remind me of my nephew. He is going through that phase when kids are constantly provoking to test the limits and show the world they exist. It's true what they say. As you age, you become a kid again... Kinda poetic really.

Some never grow up 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bunny Silverhand said:

Is this why you created a sock account?

5 minutes ago, proton said:

Kantrum, pass the sangsom!

21 minutes ago, proton said:

Ramwong, after the intro you can go up and dance with them, without extortionate lady drinks ????  when there is a charge tickets are something like 10 baht !

My gf says this isn't ramwong. She learnt ramwong....

30 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

My gf says this isn't ramwong. She learnt ramwong....

Ramwong was a cobbled together style by the PM, his Mrs and a University in the 1940's, it was never authentic, you could call it classical ramwong. However, as so often it was adapted by Thais into something more relevant to them into what we have today, and a lot more fun as well.

8 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I recently got an 11,000 baht visa fine from a bent cop because the other bent cop (at desk beside him) was accepting tea money from the school I worked at.  I got punished these crooks got rewarded.  Awesome country.

Presumably there was something wrong with your visa?

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2023 at 2:35 AM, Trippy said:

Boomers did have the best music. 

They (we) still do.

Back to original topic, ummm.... Thailand Awesome.  I've made four scouting trips now, the most recent one staying 2 1/2 weeks in Jomtien.  It was surprising in that I had time to actually get bored - - to me it did not feel like a place that I could ever become more than a visitor.   I should have broken up the trip into segments instead of staying in just one place. And actually I think that's how I'll travel Thailand going forward, keeping an open itinerary in order to unravel its awesomeness.

Best spots thus far have been Chiang Mai and Phuket, with emphasis on Kathu and the areas both north and south of Patong. 

I can tell that learning the Thai language would be a "must".  After trying a two-week course I think I could learn it, but it would take a couple of years of concerted effort.