A single condominium that requires multiple committees. Why?

Our condominium is divided into separate committee management for each building. Although it is effectively a single complex, each building requires its own committee for legal reasons.

I believe this is not uncommon, but I am curious to know if anyone has any experience with this and possible ways to combine the committees into one.

I am also curious as to the reasons for this, if anyone knows factually. I have been told that it could have been because separate parcels of land were purchased to form one condominium, or that developers have to pay more tax for a building over a particular number of rooms.

Any information is appreciated, but I am not really interested in opinions, only direct experience. Thank you.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Kinda makes sense, easier to manage, separate sinking funds and other finances. Maybe not all blocks are the same, lifts etc

I don't want to kick the the thread off track in the third post, but your prefacing it with the word kinda I think is the key, because it's really a bit of a specious argument. But in this particular case that I'm talking about the buildings are all pretty much the same. So even though it kinda of makes sense it's the flip side of that argument that is the issue. Of course that's a completely different rabbit hole. But I don't disagree with what you're saying.

But of course there are pros and cons to everything, but I'm really interested in how they could be combined.

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, 1 said:

and possible ways to combine the committees into one.

I probably should have been clearer here. I'm looking to see if it's possible to combine the building management to have one committee rather than the two that we currently have. 

So I'm effectively looking for a legal solution.

40 minutes ago, 1 said:

I probably should have been clearer here. I'm looking to see if it's possible to combine the building management to have one committee rather than the two that we currently have. 

So I'm effectively looking for a legal solution.

has each block got equal sinking funds and bank accounts? if not why would anyone in those blocks with more money vote for it? you basically have 3 companies 3 lots of voters

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

has each block got equal sinking funds and bank accounts? if not why would anyone in those blocks with more money vote for it? you basically have 3 companies 3 lots of voters

I appreciate your input and you're trying to help but I'm guessing you don't have any specific experience with bringing two buildings together to be managed as one. If you do I'd love to hear about what the process was for you. Thanks

It can be done . Permission from land office . Existing committee members to agree proposal terms  to merge  separate sinking funds .Proposal on agenda at each AGM  setting out terms for merger. Agreement to the proposal by 75 % of all registered owners at the AGM.  Job done .

• Thanks 1