Israel to pay ฿35k per month to wives of Thai workers killed in Hamas raid and child support

webfact

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

For how many month ?

Anyway , a nice gesture .

Until the widow remarries. Technically, common law marriage etc. popular in Thailand counts - but in effect no measures to stop payments on such grounds. Kids get it until they reach 18.

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Yes...nice gesture...will it be honored?

Was honored on previous instances.

5 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

Is it normal SOPS for the israeli government to pay compensation to the family of the dead from foreign countries? (Apart from the ones involved)

Not sure how you meant. As far as I can tell, they pay the same to tourists that were hurt in attacks - same deal.

Reading some of the Israeli social media and news, it would seem that there are extra funds and payments involved in this case - a one tie instant grant to families directly effected, counseling fees, medical bills. I know the latter was applied to Thais in past instances. There are usually quiet a long list of benefits - but some bureaucracy to overcome, and options not always fully broadcasted to public. There are several Israeli NGO's assisting Thai workers in Israel, I'm pretty sure they know the ropes.

• Thanks 2