Srettha invites Putin to visit Thailand

webfact

46 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Thais only look down on foreigners who are miserable losers. Foreigners with a positive attitude are respected just as people with a positive attitude are respected anywhere else. 

All the foreigners I've seen who look down on Thailand are unsuccessful in their work or personal lives, but they're incapable of looking in the mirror and being honest with themselves. 

Such people stick around nevertheless. They should go home, but they know they'd be even worse off if they did so.

Why do you keep telling people they need to go home? Can’t take a little honest criticism of your country? As far as I’m concerned, this sentence of yours says all I need to know about your attitude towards foreigners:

Thais only look down on foreigners who are miserable losers.

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

typical thai thats all you can say "go home"   well iam home,  its nothing to with you why i hang around this forum, why do you??,  think you are a bit frustrated that all your posts  have been trashed you need to get a life rather that try insulting me stick to the topic  it just makes you look like a bobolyne

Oh dear. The truth hurts you. Thailand reflects the temperament of the observer, so brighten up and you'll find that Thailand brightens up too. Smile, and the world will smile back at you.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Oh dear. The truth hurts you. Thailand reflects the temperament of the observer, so brighten up and you'll find that Thailand brightens up too. Smile, and the world will smile back at you.

Cumberworld    get back on topic

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, sidneybear said:

America draws lines in the sand, does it indeed? Where might they be then?

If you have not seen them you are blind. They formerly had a policy of avoiding countries that were undemocratic, Cobra Gold got cancelled once for that reason. Anyhow topic is not about the USA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Thailand did voted in favor of UN Resolution to condemn Russia invasion of Ukraine. Very clear lines being drawn. 

Although they seem very pro-Russian internally. I wonder if it is a type of oriental mindset to avoid taking sides. 

Putin is considerred a waqr criminal by lots of countries, but Thailand seems to

be in a forgetful spell.  Hey Bill S. if you are a citizen of the world, try a visit into North Korea and 

a few other wonderful countries like Libya, Afghanestan, or such, they all could use a few more tourists, don't

you think?  Just my suggestion.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sidneybear said:

No one listens to you!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If you have not seen them you are blind. They formerly had a policy of avoiding countries that were undemocratic, Cobra Gold got cancelled once for that reason. Anyhow topic is not about the USA

Oooo. The US once cancelled Cobra Gold because Thailand didn't kow tow. That'll show 'em, eh?

The fact remains that Thailand maintains friendly relations with countries of its choosing, while minding its own business and not starting wars all over the world. Your insulting Thailand, while lauding the west for imaginary moral standards, is groundless and just plain daft. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sidneybear said:

Oooo. The US once cancelled Cobra Gold because Thailand didn't kow tow. That'll show 'em, eh?

The fact remains that Thailand maintains friendly relations with countries of its choosing, while minding its own business and not starting wars all over the world. Your insulting Thailand, while lauding the west for imaginary moral standards, is groundless and just plain daft. 

Its very obvious you do not know that thailand is in a continuing war at present, and is continuing to supress  human rights

Thailand should hang its head in shame for its human rights violations and you have the gaul to talk about moral standards shame on you

sorry for going off topic

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2023 at 7:14 PM, Aleksey75 said:

Because Putin is an international criminal, murderer and destroyer... Not only outside of his country, but mostly inside as well... 

Isn't that what the other side in a war always say about the other side?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Plenty was said prior to the Ukraine war....Chechen terrorists were blamed for the blood on Putin's hands,

You don't get , and stay at that level of the game without carrying sharp knives.

But as it concerns this thread of conversation, I was responding to a post that made the assertion that Srettha was not neutral because he was meeting with Putin. 

and my response was to the affect, that the opposite was true. You are not neutral If you only meet with one side.

I made no value judgments , I simply made a factual statement.

I was actually very surprised by the reaction. It was those who reacted that made value judgments, or implied that Srettha should had made a value judgment and not meet with Putin. But if he had made that judgment then he would had not been neutral in fact he would had been partial.  

There is an argument that Srettha should had been partial, and had picked a side but that's a different argument.

As the world is changing form a Unipolar world buck to a Bipolar world and maybe a Multipolar world, all these great powers are jockeying to carve spheres of influence, countries such as Thailand , Australia etc have to play a fine balancing act to see how things play out. There are many experts that predict there will be a war between China and the US in 2027, google it. 

That is three years from now!! never mind  TMAs and foreign income taxations. If the above is true, How is that going to affect us?  

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I don’t think I have seen a post that is as filled with as much nonsense as this one is on this forum, and that is quite an achievement.

Well done sir.

I think some of it makes a lot of sense, Switzerland always remains neutral as did Sweden in ww2.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I think some of it makes a lot of sense, Switzerland always remains neutral as did Sweden in ww2.

not quite correct

those states that managed to stay out of the war, such as Sweden and Switzerland, found their ability to maintain strict neutrality hampered by the intensity of the conflict,  The result, is “they played a somewhat ambiguous—and still controversial—role in the war.”

A seminal 1998 U.S. State Department report helped dispel the myth that there was any standard form of neutrality, citing that the neutral countries continued trading with the Allied and Axis forces, sent troops to offer military assistance, and allowed one side or the other access to its territory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 11:40 AM, scorecard said:

I can't believe the Thai PMs staff have not told him that there's an international warrant out for Putin's arrest. And Thailand is a signatory to the international court which issued the warrant.

Maybe it’s a sting operation 

imagine if Thailand helped to capture Putin