Do you have faith in the Royal Thai Police?

Mika78

If you live in Khon Kaen I imagine you have lived in Thailand for sometime .......I would offer the right person in the RTP 10% of any funds recovered.

In answer to your question.....absolutely not.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

My own experience, is that the police don't do anything for free, unless you can offer them a cute girl and offer to go on a date with them.

Policeman told me, it's 5000 thb for their service, or 3000 THB if my woman friend can go on a date with him. My friend gave her number to the police so I saved some money. Problem was the police really wanted that date, and she got some problems because of it.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

My own experience, is that the police don't do anything for free, unless you can offer them a cute girl and offer to go on a date with them.

Policeman told me, it's 5000 thb for their service, or 3000 THB if my woman friend can go on a date with him. My friend gave her number to the police so I saved some money. Problem was the police really wanted that date, and she got some problems because of it.

WOW!!!

2 hours ago, Mika78 said:

My question is: will it ever be possible to recover the sum or have I given up?

How would we know if you have given up?  Suspect you mean should you give up?  As we have no real knowledge of what transpired it is hard to even guess.

1 minute ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Had girlfriend in Nong Prue wanted to raise some capital to spend on her house.

Bank manager paid a visit and offered two interest rates.....one required an act to be performed!!!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

To OP, stand in line.....

Filed a complaint about 20 years back (travel agent scam, 100k). So did many others vs. same guy. To the best of my knowledge, nothing came out of it. His office (almost immediately occupied by 'associates' who claimed to know nothing) was ransacked by a Brit one night, resulting in the Brit getting some jail time and the boot.

Edited by Morch

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

If you live in Khon Kaen I imagine you have lived in Thailand for sometime .......I would offer the right person in the RTP 10% of any funds recovered.

No. I went to Khon Kaen because the bank owner where i transfer the money has his bank open there. At first i went to police station in Bkk, but they told me to do that.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

How would we know if you have given up?  Suspect you mean should you give up?  As we have no real knowledge of what transpired it is hard to even guess.

Basically i asked if i can still recover the money or just forget about. That was my question. Sorry if my English is not so good.

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Depends on the circumstances of your sending your money to them...care to elucidate about the transaction?

Simple: the thai woman told can easily provide tickets for everything. So after buy from her some tickets for a Festival in Pattaya, a concert in Bangkok, i decided to trust her and during the months booked with her some more events ( Liverpool match, Justin Bibier and more). Some tickets i got, some not. The sum for the tickets that i did not got was the one i wrote in my OP. Even i did not got the money back from the cancelled Bibier tour.

2 hours ago, Mika78 said:

Simple: the thai woman told can easily provide tickets for everything. So after buy from her some tickets for a Festival in Pattaya, a concert in Bangkok, i decided to trust her and during the months booked with her some more events ( Liverpool match, Justin Bibier and more). Some tickets i got, some not. The sum for the tickets that i did not got was the one i wrote in my OP. Even i did not got the money back from the cancelled Bibier tour.

As am sure you are aware there are thousands of Thai getting scammed every day by such people and only a tiny proportion get to the news or an actual settlement of any type (normally only happens when major financial/public/political figures are involved).  Just has been way too easy for such persons to operate here (even the Indian scammers operating from India use Thailand for hiding financial transaction).  Today's news reports about 500 thousand such accounts active at any given time here).  As your account appears to only be an online presence probably not worth your time beyond continued requests for payment.  It they are still in operation at least there is a chance - but if gone to ground very little.